• Beethoven
    • Mozart

Mozart => #4

Beethoven => #10

=> Mozart

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why is Mozart better than Beethoven?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Beethoven has some foolish things in his music, his orchestral music is too ambitious compared to the use of orchestra. Also, Beethoven was not that good in contrapunct.

Don't get me wrong, I like Beethoven a lot, especially his 6th symphony, missa solemnis, late string quartets and piano concerto no. 4.

Beethoven has some foolish things in his music, his orchestral music is too ambitious compared to the use of orchestra. Also, Beethoven was not that good in contrapunct.

Don't get me wrong, I like Beethoven a lot, especially his 6th symphony, missa solemnis, late string quartets and piano concerto no. 4.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I listened to Fur Elise, I always wondered, "What the heck was he thinking?!"

But, Mozart's German Dance is much worse comparec to Beethoven's Fur Elise.

To me, a lot of Mozart's slower pieces are quite boring, while few of Beethoven's music are boring.

Overall, I think that Mozart is better in faster, inspiring music (Marriage Of Figaro, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik); while Beethoven is better in slower, relaxing music (Emperor, Moonlight Sonata).

If only I knew something about classical music...

I used to enjoy listening to it as a kid, but not anymore.

i couldn't tell you the technical aspects to music, though <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not many people can tell the technical aspects, except for those who really studied them. Often people who had studied some instruments like piano for quite some time, know little about the technical details of classical music.

Well I have no idea about music full stop. I think the only instrument I can play is the triangle :laugh: I THINK!!!

How how do normal people differentiate the good from the bad then? Is there a set method?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't and can't play any musical instrument at all and know nothing about music.

But, I do listen to a lot of classicals.

There is no set method.

You just listen and think what sounds better to you.

It's just how you perceive, at least that's how it is for me.

But, for those musicians, they really analyse the sound structures and quality as they listen.

10___Canon__London_Symphony_Orchestra.mp3

10___Canon__London_Symphony_Orchestra.mp3

• 1 month later...