Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Pinochet 2.0  

Brazil may today elect as President someone who: advocated a "civil war" to kill "30,000 people", including its President; once vowed his first act as President would be closing Congress; said he'd rather his son die than be gay; vowed a "cleansing" never seen in Brazil's history

GettyImages-939266540-1540758762.thumb.jpg.3e4d133bd86eb7ecedd3c241568b5c4d.jpg

Brazil presidential election: Who is Jair Bolsonaro and why is he more dangerous than Trump?

The many reasons why Bolsonarismo stands alone when compared to its global far-right peers.

“The pau-de-arara [a torture technique] works. I’m in favor of torture, you know that. And the people are in favor as well.”

“I’ll give carte blanche for the police to kill.”

“Through the vote you will not change anything in this country, nothing, absolutely nothing! It will only change, unfortunately, when, one day, we start a civil war here and do the work that the military regime did not do. Killing some 30,000, starting with FHC [then-president Fernando Henrique Cardoso], not kicking them out, killing! If some innocent people are going to die, fine, in any war innocents die.”– May 23, 1999

“I will not fight nor discriminate, but if I see two men kissing in the street, I’ll hit them.” – May 19, 2002

“I’m a rapist now. I would never rape you, because you do not deserve it… slut!” – speaking to Congresswoman Maria do Rosário, November 11, 2003

“I would be incapable of loving a homosexual child. I’m not going to act like a hypocrite here: I’d rather have my son die in an accident than show up with some mustachioed guy. For me, he would have died.

“If your son starts acting a little gay, hit him with some leather, and he’ll change his behavior.”

“I went with my three sons. Oh the other one went too, there were four. I have a fifth also. I had four men and on the fifth I had a moment of weakness and a woman came out.”

1 hour ago, Sanni said:

^ Thanks! Neymar Jr. broke up with his girlfriend Bruna and she denied that it was due to political differences regarding the difficult situation in Brazil, but I didn’t end up looking up what’s going on there.

Difficult situation?  Like witnessing a real/overt fascist getting elected President of your country?? :ermm:

^ This is what I read:

Reports had claimed that the famous pair were at odds over politics in their native country, where the country is in the midst of a heavily polarised presidential election.

But Marquezine was quick to clear up that point so as not to stoke anger in what she called a "very critical moment" for her country.  

"I want it to be clear that it would not be for that," she said. "It was a decision of him, but there is a lot of love and respect, it's all right."

https://www.goal.com/en/news/bruna-marquezine-confirms-split-with-boyfriend-neymar/1prlheh5iklae10jset5dr4uqm

Julen Lopetegui getting fired from two high profile jobs in six months should be bad, but he made 20M in those six months while getting fired twice.

Wish I could get fired twice in the span of six months and make 20M.