Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Brittney Griner being freed in U.S.-Russia prisoner exchange

Russia is freeing WNBA star Brittney Griner in a prisoner swap, according to U.S. officials.

The United States will release Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout in the exchange, according to multiple reports Thursday.

Griner had been imprisoned in Russia since her arrest Feb. 17 on drug charges. She had been convicted and given a nine-year sentence.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/35210403/brittney-griner-being-freed-us-russia-prisoner-exchange

So according to rather loud rumors, two of James Gunn's first decisions as co-CEO of DC Studios is to shelve both Wonder Woman 3 and Man of Steel 2

Jason Momoa is also done as Aquaman after Aquaman 2.

Pretty amazing if true. Also: if Henry Cavill quit The Witcher because he wanted to play Superman again, that's him screwed!

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

So according to rather loud rumors, two of James Gunn's first decisions as co-CEO of DC Studios is to shelve both Wonder Woman 3 and Man of Steel 2

Jason Momoa is also done as Aquaman after Aquaman 2.

Pretty amazing if true. Also: if Henry Cavill quit The Witcher because he wanted to play Superman again, that's him screwed!

I heard of this too.  They seem to be considering (or have decided) to reboot DC.

I actually like HC as Superman.  Liked Man of Steel. Sad!

I read up to the "Maggie the frog" prophecy in Feast for Crows.  

So the prophecy for Cersei's fate is 1. One of the 4, probably Tyrion or Jaime chokes her to death 2. One of the 5 'beautiful' women take her position as Queen.   The most obvious candidates are Danny and Sansa.

Valonqar/Theories - A Wiki of Ice and Fire (westeros.org)

3 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I heard of this too.  They seem to be considering (or have decided) to reboot DC.

I actually like HC as Superman.  Liked Man of Steel. Sad!

I wonder how much the promise of more Superman roles factored into his decision to quit The Witcher. Or if it was primarily about him being disillusioned with he writing.

6 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I read up to the "Maggie the frog" prophecy in Feast for Crows.  

So the prophecy for Cersei's fate is 1. either Tyrion or Jaime chokes her to death 2. One of the 5 'beautiful' women take her position as Queen.   The most obvious candidates are Danny and Sansa.

There are other interpretations. One of them is that Valanqor actually means little sister. In which case it likely refers to Rhaegar's little sister Daenerys.

14 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

There are other interpretations. One of them is that Valanqor actually means little sister. In which case it likely refers to Rhaegar's little sister Daenerys.

I'm thinking about what makes sense from a story point of view.  Since Cersei is the chief supervillain the person who kills her should have been involved with her.  Danny or Arya killing her makes sense.  Arya killing her would be the most satisfying.  Jaime less so, but possible.  Tyrion killing her would be a repeat and would be underwhelming from a story pov.

On 12/7/2022 at 3:45 PM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Most female celebs are still super-thin so not sure what you are talking about? :idk:

Especially if we are talking Hollywood actresses.

If I go by a list of the highest paid Hollywood actresses:

ScarJo = thin

Sofia Vergara = curvy but in great shape

Reese Witherspoon = thin

Angelina Jolie = thin

Gal Gadot = thin

Julia Roberts = thin

Jennifer Lawrence = thin

Jennifer Aniston = thin

Melissa McCarthy = not thin

Kaley Cuoco = thin

So that's one out of the top ten biggest earners that isn't in supremely good shape.

a) Being thin and being muscular are two very different things. Being thin is way easier. The level of effort and consistency to attain Zac Efron's body shape are enormous (even with steroids).

b) I can argue for a long time with very good arguments (that I'm not sure you'll read), so here's an answer with images:

1556367943_Cosmomen.thumb.jpg.fd301a54e0c746f20ec89324230f14a0.jpg2145303525_Bodypositivity3.thumb.jpg.d126f1ee5bbbad222f416176fa3f0656.jpg

1980934247_MenRunning.thumb.jpg.b257314746e6ce0533325c149a0c2aa9.jpg1242161925_Bodypositivity4.thumb.png.d39dc03346fab2c88c7d409adc0ea2a4.png

97860823_Menfitness.thumb.jpg.1ed6571dcc446664d200db3342c3643c.jpgFS5vqMvWAAIfjLL?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2022_12/2036366151_Bodypositivity2.jpg.2a11d2290f7efab6e92c04494ddcb42e.jpg

How many magazines have promoted fat men compared to women?

On 12/7/2022 at 3:46 PM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Phoebe Waller-Bridge? I think she is kind of cute but I get why she would not be everyone's cup of tea.

To be fair I never was that into Kate Capshaw either.

This girl??

Phoebe_Waller-Bridge_on_MTV_InternationaMV5BMjQxNzYxODg4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzE1

Well  beauty is in the eye of the beholder... IMHO she's way below average (and we're on BZ, we have standards:Amelie_wft:)

(maybe some people like her because she's a member of the woke cult:Amelie_wft:)

Just now, Enrico_sw said:

This girl??

Phoebe_Waller-Bridge_on_MTV_InternationaMV5BMjQxNzYxODg4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzE1

Well  beauty is in the eye of the beholder... IMHO she's way below average (and we're on BZ, we have standards:Amelie_wft:)

(maybe some people like her because she's a member of the woke cult:Amelie_wft:)

I'm not saying she is model-level attractive. You did choose two incredibly unflattering pictures of her as well.

7 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

a) Being thin and being muscular are two very different things. Being thin is way easier. The level of effort and consistency to attain Zac Efron's body shape are enormous (even with steroids).

b) I can argue for a long time with very good arguments (that I'm not sure you'll read), so here's an answer with images:

1556367943_Cosmomen.thumb.jpg.fd301a54e0c746f20ec89324230f14a0.jpg2145303525_Bodypositivity3.thumb.jpg.d126f1ee5bbbad222f416176fa3f0656.jpg

1980934247_MenRunning.thumb.jpg.b257314746e6ce0533325c149a0c2aa9.jpg1242161925_Bodypositivity4.thumb.png.d39dc03346fab2c88c7d409adc0ea2a4.png

97860823_Menfitness.thumb.jpg.1ed6571dcc446664d200db3342c3643c.jpgFS5vqMvWAAIfjLL?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2022_12/2036366151_Bodypositivity2.jpg.2a11d2290f7efab6e92c04494ddcb42e.jpg

How many magazines have promoted fat men compared to women?

We were talking about Hollywood. Not sure what Cosmo and Men's Fitness covers have to do with that discussion?

Point is that apart from a small number of exceptions (Melissca McCarthy, Amy Schumer, Rebel Wilson before she lost weight) almost all of the women who achieve success in Hollywood are thin and conventionally attractive).

On 12/6/2022 at 11:57 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Men in Hollywood and male influencers have to suffer way more than their female counterparts.

Most female celebs now have the shield of "body positivity" as soon as the get famous. However, "body positivity" is not for men, no single "dad bods" or our of shape men were promoted by journalists. This ideology is done for women.

If you're an average men, the "system" doesn't respect you. For men, it's survival of the fittest... But women don't have these constraints, life is way sweeter in that respect.

Note that it wasn't like that 30 years ago. Indiana Jones was fit, but not super fit or muscular, though he was still a male ideal, while female sex symbols like Sharon Stone had to be in perfect shape.

@SympathysSilhouette As usual you didn't read my posts or change the subject...

I said Hollywood, influencers  and celebs.

@SympathysSilhouette As usual you didn't read my posts or change the subject...

I said Hollywood, influencers  and celebs.

Well I won't speak for influencers, don't know enough about them but if we are talking Hollywood celebs, women are still mostly expected to be physically attractive.

2 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

We were talking about Hollywood. Not sure what Cosmo and Men's Fitness covers have to do with that discussion?

Point is that apart from a small number of exceptions (Melissca McCarthy, Amy Schumer, Rebel Wilson before she lost weight) almost all of the women who achieve success in Hollywood are thin and conventionally attractive).

I said Hollywood, influencers and celebs, friend.

And again, it's way easier to be thin than to be muscular (that's the point a) of my answer which I'm sure you read :Amelie_wft:)

Just now, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well I won't speak for influencers, don't know enough about them but if we are talking Hollywood celebs, women are still mostly expected to be physically attractive.

Again, it's not about being attractive.

It's about the suffering induced in the ways to get attractive for men (diet, resistance training, cardio and often steroids). 

Being thin is easier than being muscular.

I said Hollywood, influencers and celebs, friend.

And again, it's way easier to be thin than to be muscular (that's the point a) of my answer which I'm sure you read :Amelie_wft:)

Whether or not it's harder or easier to be muscular, point is that looks is a factor for both men and women who appear in Hollywood movies, so it's not like female actresses can show up to set overweight and hide behind body positivity.

2 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Whether or not it's harder or easier to be muscular, point is that looks is a factor for both men and women who appear in Hollywood movies, so it's not like female actresses can show up to set overweight and hide behind body positivity.

The first point of my first post about this was about the suffering to be muscular... So it is precisely the point.

On 12/6/2022 at 11:57 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Men in Hollywood and male influencers have to suffer way more than their female counterparts.

So, it is the main point I brought. :Amelie_wft: You changed the subject.