Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

The new Avatar film is kind of disturbingly weird.  So many elongated, blue alien bodies.

It has a gigantic budget and a marketing campaign, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hugely underperformed on release.

I think most people care more about the human side- high tech human colonization and army than the alien stuff.

I'm at the final hours of Storm of Swords.

The Littlefinger-Sansa grooming arc begins.  Littlefinger is a complete idiot for grooming Sansa and giving away all his secrets at once.  GRRM also has this dynamic with Shae-Tyrion.  He seems to understand that when men are highly attracted to a woman, they trust her for no good reason at all lol.

There is not a lot of Dany content in this book.  I heard that Feast of Crows doesn't have her stuff at all and I'd have to wait until Dance of Dragons.

WTF Balenciaga????!!!

Rams star Cooper Kupp rips luxury fashion brand Balenciaga over outrageous ad campaign showing a child holding a teddy bear dressed in a BDSM outfit: 'Make yourself aware of the attack against our young ones'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11476183/Rams-star-Cooper-Kupp-rips-Balenciaga-childrens-BDSM-ad-campaign.html

10 hours ago, elfstone said:

If KDB doesn't like playing for his country he should have stayed at home. Why be  an annoying prick on the eve of such a big game? :banghead:

It's all coming out now.

I don't think he hates playing for Belgium. He just doesn't like the way they play. He is used to possession based game. They were lumping the ball up field against Canada, which makes him essentially useless.

Finished Storm of Swords.  

I would rate it a 4.7 out of 5 compared to 5 out of 5 for the first two books with a great many 6 out of 5 moments.

Storm of Swords has 3 of the biggest events from the show (Red and Purple Weddings, Trial).  It ends with massive cliffhangers.

However there are a few parts that aren't that good and drag a bit.  Also the character development and plot is moving too slowly at times.  So the experience is not as fluid as the first two books at times.  I still have the sense that GRRM is awesome at world building and creating a lot of new and interesting characters. However the depth of the characters aren't as deep as they could be.  The psychological progression is too simple or even nonexistent.  There are also more scenarios that are more and more contrived for shock value and seemingly for the sake of cutting off loose ends-  like all of Littlefinger-Sansa-Lysa stuff and 4 deaths that cut short 3 highly developed characters and 1 really promising character. 

On 11/28/2022 at 3:59 PM, Cult Icon said:

I agree with his arguments.  Avatar was 13 years ago.  It's doesn't mean a sequel will be successful.  Even- riskier- they are making several sequels!

Cameron said Avatar 2 has to make $2B to make a profit. I don't think anyone asked for sequels as I though the movie was average. The only reasons people saw it were the technological advancements and 3D. To me Avatar was like the Matrix, but didn't make the cultural impact the Matrix did cause the movie was average.

On 11/28/2022 at 5:00 PM, Enrico_sw said:

:Amelie_wft:

On 11/28/2022 at 5:00 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Alyssa Milano was a MASSIVE Elon Musk fangirl until it wasn't popular

https://thepostmillennial.com/revealed-alyssa-milano-was-a-massive-elon-musk-fangirl-until-it-wasnt-popular

So she's a NPC hypocrite. She bandwagoned onto the ME TOO crap too.

It's laughable when millionaires are complaining about billionaires on TV.