Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 8/21/2022 at 5:41 PM, Cult Icon said:

Was this work for internal consumption or was it part of a paid report service?

Internal consumption. I worked for a big company with lots of international investments and acquisitions.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:41 PM, Cult Icon said:

IMHO Macroeconomics comes across as having a lot of over-intellectualization, which is gigantic waste of time.  What is useful is fairly simple and straightforward- reliable sources of data.

I think this video has a lot to do with our discussion. The complexity of macroeconomics (multivariable, hard to predict) and the lack of timely feedback makes it hard to master.

14 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Internal consumption. I worked for a big company with lots of international investments and acquisitions.

I think this video has a lot to do with our discussion. The complexity of macroeconomics (multivariable, hard to predict) and the lack of timely feedback makes it hard to master.

What do you think of this (famous in the US with traders) quote " If You Spend 13 Minutes A Year On Economics, You've Wasted 10 Minutes."

For longer term investments the economic picture is more important though.  

10 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

What do you think of this (famous in the US with traders) quote " If You Spend 13 Minutes A Year On Economics, You've Wasted 10 Minutes."

Yep :laugh:

10 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

For longer term investments the economic picture is more important though.  

Sure, even if it's still hard to predict.

@Stromboli1 

You vil eat ze bugs...:ninja:

Look at this bozo. He's a Professor, and Director of the Center for Bioethics at NYU. He wants to bio-engineer humans to make them allergic to beef. It's not a fake, it's not a joke, you can cross check this info on many sources. Of course, he says he just "considers the possibility", but doing so (for a "bioethics" guy) is fucking crazy already.

Pharmacological intolerance to meat

In order to reduce this consumption, Liao suggests artificially inducing an intolerance by stimulating the immune system to work against the proteins present in beef.

https://www.bbva.com/en/human-engineering-fight-climate-change/

24 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

@Stromboli1 

You vil eat ze bugs...:ninja:

Look at this bozo. He's a Professor, and Director of the Center for Bioethics at NYU. He wants to bio-engineer humans to make them allergic to beef. It's not a fake, it's not a joke, you can cross check this info on many sources. Of course, he says he just "considers the possibility", but doing so (for a "bioethics" guy) is fucking crazy already.

Off to the gulag for people like this and NYU needs their funding pulled immediately. 

You are the carbon they are trying to reduce.

I heard that movie was made because of expiration of copyrights or something..

It is really frustrating to lose track of important documents.  I know it's somewhere in these rooms but there is just too much stuff to go through.

Another one is re-connecting with people long lost.  It is either wonderful or bittersweet.   Had a bittersweet one recently.