Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Amazon has done a huge media blitz to promote the Rings of Power show.  I think they want to offset the negativity directed at the first teaser and get people more connected with the large number of unfamiliar faces.  It seems to be working to a certain extent.  

Halfway through "Children of Hurin", the unpublished Tolkien story.  It is boring and not very good so far.  The writing style is like the Silmarillion.  

Overall, I have only enjoyed 3 out of 6 Tolkien audiobooks.  The LOTR trilogy is by far his best work.

I've never seen inflation like this.... prices of many products are skyrocketing.  Especially food.

Last time I went shopping, the fish prices surprised me a lot. It's sometimes +20% compared to what it used to be a year ago.....

14 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I've never seen inflation like this.... prices of many products are skyrocketing.  Especially food.

Last time I went shopping, the fish prices surprised me a lot. It's sometimes +20% compared to what it used to be a year ago.....

Gonna get even worse.

A food shortage coming in the 22 Winter and in 23.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

What makes you so sure of that? :idk:

Wheat & fertilizer shortages which will effect future harvests besides the fucktard governments telling their farmers not to farm/make it very difficult to farm.

Then there's the energy issues for the machinery to harvest and ship the food.

13 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Wheat & fertilizer shortages which will effect future harvests besides the fucktard governments telling their farmers not to farm/make it very difficult to farm.

Then there's the energy issues for the machinery to harvest and ship the food.

Hmm, I see. But if Joe Biden's goons say there's no shortage, then your bellies will be magically full, so don't worry :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

Hmm, I see. But if Joe Biden's goons say there's no shortage, then your bellies will be magically full, so don't worry :rolleyes:

I'm talking worldwide.

It makes no sense for governments to tell their farmers not to farm and stick it to them monetarily too when facing a food shortage. There's a reason the MSM here doesn't report on what's going on in the Netherlands, Italy, and Sri Lanka.

We'll own nothing and eat bugs with a smile on our faces and like it. While the elites will fly around in their jets and yachts preaching about climate change eating their steak and wine dinners.

11 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

I'm talking worldwide.

It makes no sense for governments to tell their farmers not to farm and stick it to them monetarily too when facing a food shortage. There's a reason the MSM here doesn't report on what's going on in the Netherlands, Italy, and Sri Lanka.

We'll own nothing and eat bugs with a smile on our faces and like it. While the elites will fly around in their jets and yachts preaching about climate change eating their steak and wine dinners.

I don't know if there's a coordinated effort, just powerful folks trying to give sense to their lives, but who end up creating hardships.

This meme is more accurate than I thought:

1871349206_Goodtimes.thumb.jpg.041be790a590d09932d059d3ea0f754d.jpg

Anyway, you vill eat ze bugs! :nicole:

Biden economic advisor AGAIN insists two negative quarters of GDP growth is NOT 'technical' definition of recession and claims U.S. is faring better than other countries 'where there's famine'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11051493/White-House-doubles-economy-ahead-tough-GDP-report.html

@Stromboli1 dude, don't worry, at least you're not having a famine. Yup, the bar has really gone up with Joe and Kamala :rofl:

23 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I don't know if there's a coordinated effort, just powerful folks trying to give sense to their lives, but who end up creating hardships.

This meme is more accurate than I thought:

1871349206_Goodtimes.thumb.jpg.041be790a590d09932d059d3ea0f754d.jpg

Anyway, you vill eat ze bugs! :nicole:

Seems like a coordinated effort to me as this crap is slowly trying and starting to get normalized.

Children of Hurin was super boring.  I kept on zoning out while it was on.  I understand why Tolkien never published it despite many edits.  The villain's name "Morgoth" and "lands between" made its way into Elden Ring.

On the other hand Game of Thrones is skillfully written and engaging.  GRRM is really good at writing things from the perspective of children and good at writing witty dialogue.  The Lord of the Rings trilogy is also engaging, but more in the area of detailed description rather than dialogue.  Fellowship of the Ring and Return of the King are better than the Two Towers. LOTR is more artistically written than GOT.  Tolkien was a good illustrator and had extensively planned his world building/lore before he made the trilogy.