Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

CDPR has pretty much developed content for about 9 novels of the Witcher.  So if they hire a professional writer, they would finish the Witcher novels at 17 books.

Book 1-3 :  Witcher 1/2

Book 4: Witcher 3- White Orchard and Velen

Book 5: Novigrad

Book 6-7: Kaer Moran and Skellige

Book 8-9: Hearts of Stone/Blood and Wine

Mercedes' fate in the Count of Monte Cristo

Spoiler

is devastating,

so unlike modern 'hollywood' endings or the 2002 film.  

Spoiler

She gets punished by the author for being too passive and cowardly, for her inaction despite being a good and wise person.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:27 PM, elfstone said:

England are an embarrassment of riches. They couldn't find anyone other than that bottlejob to coach this world class squad? :rofl:

Superb quality in every department, not counting goalkeeper.

If Pep is truly interested in a NT job after Man City, they should hire him for the England gig.

I'm 6 hours into the Game of Thrones novels.  Oddly I find myself zoning out and getting very bored even though the novel is brilliantly well written and organized.  I think the show ruined me, there is no sense of suspense as I know the events of Season 1 quite well and the novel closely follows it.

Also I am getting more tired of complicated fantasy world politics (like in Witcher 2). 

Witcher 3 is different, my admiration for the story, world building, and game has only grown.

Count of Monte Cristo is one of the best books I've ever read.

Tom Bombadil is a boring character in the Tolkien short stories, hobbit, and fellowship of the ring.  It was right to have his parts removed from the films.

He is supposed to have mystical and philosophical meaning but I find the character to be childish and uninspiring.