Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

2 minutes ago, elfstone said:

If Liverpool win this, they will put a huge bid in for Harry Kane which should be shocking because that would go against their financial/transfer policy for last 25 years.

Would be a weird move. They already have too many guys either on the wrong side of thirty or near that. Why add another one?

28 minutes ago, elfstone said:

It's about how much money an athlete would take to not have a lasting legacy, in a nutshell. And  PSG are a bottomless pit when it comes to money, but utterly crap in the competition ( Champions League).

There's a lot more factors/egos/politics at play here though. As a matter of fact, both  the Emir of Qatar and Macron were involved in convincing him to cave in to their demands.

TBF, PSG does not have the history, but they aren't utterly crap. They have made a final, as well as a semi-final.

Considering that the Qatari investments have only recently made PSG a perennial contender, that is not bad.

Do not forget that clubs with far more history than PSG have struggled to get over the hump. Like Barcelona only winning their first one in 1992.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Would be a weird move. They already have too many guys either on the wrong side of thirty or near that. Why add another one?

Nah, it's more than that. Liverpool never do Marquee signings. EVER. And getting Kane would require somewhere between 100-150 million GBP. 

Klopp built that squad by raiding Bundesliga, Ligue 1, and teams like Porto and Southampton. Under him Liverpool have gotten even better at getting bang for their buck. Liverpool are definitely not unique in that regard. None of these clubs owned by those  parasitic American owners   like to spend big in the transfer market.

Thing is, the English FA and the whole British media sphere have been desperately lobbying Man City and Liverpool to buy Kane since 2019. They wouldn't want to watch one of their 'greats' retire without ever winning even a Carabao Cup. :rofl: Man City tried to sign him the first thing last summer but Spurs didn't budge.

On the other hand, isn't it utterly cringe how this Liverpool are being hyped up like they are the reincarnation of Pep's legendary Barcelona team?

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

TBF, PSG does not have the history, but they aren't utterly crap. They have made a final, as well as a semi-final.

Considering that the Qatari investments have only recently made PSG a perennial contender, that is not bad.

Do not forget that clubs with far more history than PSG have struggled to get over the hump. Like Barcelona only winning their first one in 1992.

PSG are different from other big clubs. They have literally no budget constraint, especially right now with FPP being suspended until at least 2023 as a cushion against the economic impact of the pandemic. Khelaifi played a key role with that btw. Apart from PSG, he's also the President of European Club Association and a member of the executive Committee of UEFA. Most importantly, he gets to write these fat checks to UEFA  as Chairman of Bein TV group.

As for PSG, they're not your French Man City. :rofl:

PSG can have all the money and sporting talent in the world but they're not winning anything other than that farmers league trophy because they have zero sporting structure and lack of any accountability at the club. They're like  a fucking soap opera.

Considering  the sway Qatari money has over French FA and Ligue 1, Khelaifi is more than capable of ruining the party for Madrid.

I envisage a scenario where some of the higher ups in the FA and UK politicians worked something out with Khelaifi to give Liverpool a little 'help' but only if  FSG agreed to set that money aside for Harry Kane.

Hoping pass exams, I think be model, actress is ok, but be cowriter, staff and help psycjologis in Hollywood can be really interesting. 

I am preparing me, yes. And maybe have new interesting jobs are really the best for me, stable, security and happier.

And yes, back to think in big, be realist in positive, and continue, be in hell, be poor, be homeless seems too boring and not apting to me... :COP11:

18 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I don't even think it was his best performance this season! Check out the PSG games. Or the league game against Athletic. :)

He did get beaten by Mpaypal three or four times tho despite being ruled offside.  Plenty of keepers out there capable of making world class saves but keeping clean sheet is what really matters at this stage. The fact that he did that at the biggest stage off  the back of his MOTM performance against CIty makes him  a living legend. :hehe:

15:34

20:04

63:30

68:30

81:58

The Count of Monte Cristo is a sort of 19th century French Batman.  

Great book, but the transition from Act 1 to Act 2 is jarring.  Dumas does not include the "transition" period to the Count- Dantes immediately transforms and it's not believable.  But I kind of take it as it is.