Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

@Stromboli1

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:  My cousin Aaron's vote was already "counted" before he showed up in person to vote... Same with my Cousin Yvonne and my Uncle Satan. Several of my friends also mentioned that when they went to their local polling spot in Santa Rosa/Sonoma/SanFran and gave their ID's........ they had already voted... Funny how that works.....

NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS

Election fraud trump biden dont need 2020 to see it shirt - Kingteeshop

1 hour ago, Prettyphile said:

@Stromboli1

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:  My cousin Aaron's vote was already "counted" before he showed up in person to vote... Same with my Cousin Yvonne and my Uncle Satan. Several of my friends also mentioned that when they went to their local polling spot in Santa Rosa/Sonoma/SanFran and gave their ID's........ they had already voted... Funny how that works.....

NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS

Election fraud trump biden dont need 2020 to see it shirt - Kingteeshop

Yep it smells like shit.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:48 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Yes, I agree with all this.

There's another factor though: their spirit has been curtailed over the past decades. It started with Bush and his gigantic lie about WMD. Now it's the woke steamroller and its obsession with nail polish, ekwality or the "78 genders".

All these soldiers who gave their lives did it to defend their brothers and sisters, and also an ideal of freedom. How many people will fight to defend the 78 gender theory? My guess is: not many.

WW2 and US military buildup was an incredible social achievement, I think some of the main factors behind it were 1. the federal gov't was virtually operated as a enlightened dictatorship under FDR, meaning that things got done fast 2.  The American military leadership was built out of a small corps of intellectual officer elite that were the top performers at staffwork.  Meaning that it was more merit based than lineage based.  The command of US 12th Army Group was General Bradley, a man from poor origins and not from an elite, wealthy military family like Patton.  Also, Chief of Staff George Marshall was a brilliant manager and selected Generals from his years at the Infantry school so there were a lot of fighters here.  3. I think there are some cultural factors too, as a whole American people were more patriotic and more eager to fight than later generations.  The US military was massive and massively outnumbered their enemies in personnel and equipment.  The military was a people's army, that had a cross section of all walks of life.  This included access to America's "best and brightest".  Even elite american combat troops (airborne, armored, etc.) were filled with high IQ individuals with good athetics.  This is in contrast with the modern professional military, which is mainly from lower and middle income and a much more narrow demographic and besides West Point, is derided by some as a jobs program for stupid people who didn't do well at school.

4. The US military in WW2 was OK with taking huge personnel losses to win battles, something that American society today is extremely fearful of since Vietnam.  The hardest fighting American combat divisions took horrific losses, like 30,000 men when the division's original combat strength was only 7,000 men.  When I go to Pennsyvannia in the "heartland" plaques memorializing the dead are everywhere. Not surprising as many Penn and New Yorkers manned the US VII Corps, which did far more extreme fighting than citizen-soldier divisions from other states in the ETO.  An interesting fact of the US in WW2 was that the top-rated ETO Citizen soldiers came from Tennesee (US 30th Inf division).  This division was filled with ordinary Americans from the state but they fought as well, if not better than the most elite American units.

The American losses in the Middle East have been very small compared to WW2, indicating that the society and the military are very restricted in how they can use their people.  This makes the US forces a lot less effective. 

-----

So a lot of factors went right, but it wasn't very democratic as you have these enlightened dictators running the show and they mobilized tens of millions of men for the war effort.  This is not something that the relatively small, professional US military could do since the disaster of Vietnam.

War Journalist/author Tom Ricks has long argued that the US military has turned into a "jobs program" and is a massively overbloated bureacracy.  These arguments are in his book called the "Generals".  This theory is not really unique, it happens in the massive mega-corporations too after too many decades of success, they become complacent institutions.

The Neocons and Bush's main problem was that they vastly overrated American military capabilities and public attitude towards the conflict.

I had considered pursuing a military career in high school but my interest in WW1/WW2/Vietnam (and my dad's views on Vietnam, its lessons, and the military) was one of the factors in moving me away from this choice.  

+ @Enrico_sw

Also, WW1 was France and the UK's Vietnam.  In the US, there was more innocence regarding war and a "can do" attitude.  The French reacted by having a failed strategy of bunkering down while the UK developed a military that had a maximum of equipment and a minimum of riflemen...

And it's funny how history repeats itself.  The wounds and lessons of Vietnam had healed by 1991 and America was becoming increasingly hawkish.  Now we're back to anti-war mode after failing in the middle east..

US 90th Infantry division drafted Texas/Oklahoma, it had some of the most extreme losses in Normandy, I think of "the charge of the light brigade".  Attacked bravely but fought poorly (bad leadership, bad teamwork) and there was an infantry company that took 400% losses by July 1944, there was still the rest of the war left...

The generals debated about disbanding the unit but eventually the division sorted itself out.