Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 4/3/2021 at 3:04 PM, Enrico_sw said:

@Cult Icon The visual effects in 300 are close to some in the Ringed city. I like this type of colors!

1766406667-King-Leonidas-300-movie-01.jp

1490969406-746-capture-d-ecran.png

good catch- .

I saw 300 in theaters.  It's still my favorite Synder film along with Man of Steel

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/300-2007/TPB?id=154718

I noticed at the time that he was quite faithful to the comic and copied entire frames from it and put it in the film- this would become a trait of his that he repeated in his Watchmen film..

what did you think of the film?

In a way "Sin City"  (Frank MIller- who also wrote 300-) was the first successful true-to-comic  "comic book movie".  Synder's 300 was the second one that was successful.  Both had entire frames translated into film in an innovative way.

It's kind of unfortunate that Frank Miller never directed another successful comic book movie again and returned to making comics instead of making movies of his comics.  His movie Spirit and the 300 sequel were flops.  It would have been cool to see him make a good "Dark Knight returns" and instead Synder used elements of it for Batman vs Superman. 

On 4/9/2021 at 4:08 PM, CandleVixen said:

So sad. Did they say from what? The heart attack or something else? 

Also, today in England, Prince Phillip passed away at 99. 

He died from a drug overdose.  Maybe it's good that he's dead?  I mean, for him that is.   In life he sired 15 children with 12 different women (if I'm not mistaken), had criminal tendencies that he never fully controlled, loved adrenaline & violence  and was a drug addict.  But he was a great rapper, lived a hardcore life, and was no coward, which is more than can be said for almost everyone.   

His music stands out to me due to its authenticity and the way it explored his personal views and philosophy.  DMX was unapologetically a somewhat barbaric man that was more bad than good.  I think we all have more "bad" then we can admit.   I think the appeal of his rap is the release of suppression coming from so-called inauthentic civilization.  I was a highly aggressive, sexual, ambitious and angry teen back then and loved violence too.  I didn't mellow out until I was 25.  I like Busta Rhymes too.

Now being a Prince sounds like being in a gilded cage!

15 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

what did you think of the film?

That movie is great, one of my favourite. It's a movie with balls, bones and souls. Every time I use the Spartan kick in AC Odyssey, I want to scream "This is Sparta!".

I never read the comics though.

15 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

In a way "Sin City"  (Frank MIller- who also wrote 300-) was the first successful true-to-comic  "comic book movie".  Synder's 300 was the second one that was successful.  Both had entire frames translated into film in an innovative way.

It's kind of unfortunate that Frank Miller never directed another successful comic book movie again and returned to making comics instead of making movies of his comics.  His movie Spirit and the 300 sequel were flops.  It would have been cool to see him make a good "Dark Knight returns" and instead Synder used elements of it for Batman vs Superman. 

Sin City is pretty good as well. I watched the Spirit and 300 sequel (with Eva Green) in the theater. I liked them both. Sin City's sequel is the one I enjoyed less, it lacked the rhythm and soul of the first one.

On 4/12/2021 at 5:47 PM, Matt! said:

THANK YOU JULES

It’s always a happy-sad thing to hear of a damn fine player of any sport deciding to retire from the game. 

He’s got time now to be with his family and be a dad. Which is always a great thing in my book.

(I also liked Tommy’s reply tweet to this.)

Me and my friends screaming at a goal during the football match:

Our neighbours:

Ha!! Love it!

Reminds me of a funny story that Hubs and I have.

We were just newly married. The month(November or December)was unseasonably hot, and we had our windows open. There were several apartments who also had their windows open and a few watching parties going on. 

The American football game (playoffs) was between the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers. 

I was watching it while Hubs was on the computer in another room.

Dallas had been strong all throughout the game, so you’d hear lots of crowd cheering when Dallas would score or ran a great play. 

Then, there was a Dallas fumble, SF recovered the ball. 

The whole complex let out a groan. Then a lone, loud voice that called out “Niners!”

Hubs and I broke into very loud laughter at it! 

Most of the complex laughed too, but that one shout out has become a very fond memory.