Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

12 minutes ago, elfstone said:

She's a gorgeous woman for sure but her beauty is starting to wear off. She looked much rosier on the campaign trail in 2016. :ninja:

I don't know if it's the makeup but she looks like she's well in her forties despite being born in 1988.

12 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

what kind of masks do you guys use?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0881Z618L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have other KN95 masks- they seem to all look the same. I have a large head and the mask is too small for me.  This  model according to reviews and pictures appears to be larger.

I used to wear those, because we had a few laying around from some paint jobs where we needed them. 

I found the standard disposable masks at Amazon, something like 50 for about 15 dollars. We have them stashed in both cars and in my purse.
We are working through that batch. The company is Modenna.

I also found the charcoal filters that you can put in any mask that has the pocket or flap with the washable cloth masks. I just have to make the cloth ones.  That brand I believe is Cherisply.

there has been an unusual number of homes being held for sale in my neighborhood.  can't help but think it is related to COVID

Too many people don't know that if they sprinkle their pumpkins with pepper the squirrels and other animals will not try to consume them.  I saw 3 giant turkeys ruin a display today, it was quite a sight. 

Prior to this the deer invaded the suburbs and  went from property to property, eating the flowers and plants.

9 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

I used to wear those, because we had a few laying around from some paint jobs where we needed them. 

I found the standard disposable masks at Amazon, something like 50 for about 15 dollars. We have them stashed in both cars and in my purse.
We are working through that batch. The company is Modenna.

I also found the charcoal filters that you can put in any mask that has the pocket or flap with the washable cloth masks. I just have to make the cloth ones.  That brand I believe is Cherisply.

You wore the KN95's for the paint job?  I know many people that have gotten by by using the standard disposables however I'm not taking any chances.

I have some doubts about the Cloth masks TBH.  Even though they are popular I suspect they aren't protecting people enough.  When I breath through my cloth mask, I get the impression that the filter insert only provides partial protection and the air/microparticles still penetrates through the porous fibers above and below.   I can breath far better with the Cloth mask than the medical masks I was using.    I really feel like they are masks that give more comfort than protection.

I suspect that only specialized fibers work to a high degree, like those used to produce Chinese KN95's or medical masks from well known western companies.

The standard disposable masks- and the ones that are often passed around by companies, found in supermarkets etc. are better than cloth masks but I also doubt their efficiency in a higher risk environment, such as a public bathroom that has been used by a thousand people before sanitation.  The medical mask I used (approx. 2.5-3 times thicker than a standard disposable) was hard to breathe through if I raised my heart rate slightly (eg. walking  for more than 10 minutes without stopping) however the thin disposables are too breathable. 

With disposables I haven't found data on their efficiency but my guess is that they are probably a minor fraction of a KN95 as the KN95 has 5 layers of special fiber.  If that's all that one has it is better to wear two of them at once.

I'll comment on the FDA approved KN95 in a few days (once I get them). 

23 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

this happens to me like 102984375 times every year :rofl: what song?

Bohemian rhapsody.... So help me fucking god if I hear it one more time in a movie, tv show, while I'm out out running errands! I actually couldn't stay in Halloween Headquarters while it was playing today...  TBH I'm I'm kinda over Queen in general. Catchy butt rock songs that are overplayed x12244555% can fuck right off. Also I will not go to your shitty Halloween party if you think Monster Mash is appropriate.

Edit: Normies friends asking me for Halloween playlists for their parties.. outstanding.

1 minute ago, Prettyphile said:

Bohemian rhapsody.... So help me fucking god if I hear it one more time in a movie, tv show, while I'm out out running errands! I actually couldn't stay in Halloween Headquarters while it was playing today...  TBH I'm I'm kinda over Queen in general. Catchy butt rock songs that are overplayed x12244555% can fuck right off. Also I will not go to your shitty Halloween party if you think Monster Mash is appropriate.

oh..a classic, that will not be easy at all :rofl: 

Overtly sexualized’: St. John's company's onions (yes, onions) flagged by Facebook’s nudity algorithm

image.png

'You'd have to have a pretty active imagination to look at that and get something sexual out of it'

Canada’s most sexually provocative onions were pulled down from Facebook after the social media giant told the produce company that its images went against advertising guidelines, the CBC reports.

The offending advertisement — for Gaze Seed Company’s Walla Walla onion seeds — shows an image of a handful of onions in a wicker basket. According to Facebook, the onions were positioned in a “sexually suggestive manner.”

image.png

“I guess something about the two round shapes there could be misconstrued as boobs or something, nude in some way,”  Jackson McLean, a manager at Gaze Seed Company, told the CBC.

Gaze Seed Company is a St. John’s business that sells seeds, soil and other supplies. The business pays Facebook for advertising, and was preparing to put out its spring advertisements for onions when the image was pulled.

“I just thought it was funny,” said McLean. “You’d have to have a pretty active imagination to look at that and get something sexual out of it.”

Ironically, the error has made for better publicity than the actual advertisement could ever have. On its Facebook page, the seed company had fun creating mock-ups of what Facebook thought it was seeing.

McLean says the decision was likely automated, made by Facebook’s algorithms.

“We default to removing sexual imagery to prevent non-consensual or underage content from being shared,” reads a statement on Facebook’s transparency explainer site.

From April to June 2020, Facebook algorithms removed 35.7 million pieces of content that were in violation of adult nudity and sexual activity policies.

McLean, meanwhile, said his company is seeking to appeal the decision — and to get actual human eyes on the photo, so they can realize there’s nothing sexual involved.

“It’s just onions,” he said.