Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

21 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

That's going to happen regardless of the outcome especially for The Donald.

It's likely to happen in most places, probably. The thing I heard said today that made me think of it "China has over a billion people and only 80000 had/have the virus, so it's obviously not a big deal". Of course, that thought ignores the fact that China shut down the region in a way that is more difficult for democracies to duplicate.

You are correct about people complaining no matter what, they love it. If the governments of the world did nothing, people would complain about how many people got sick. If governments continue as they currently are, people will complain that not enough got sick.   :rolleyes:

The way that two days ago, I thought Corona was still something far away, but that I still had to be careful with it. In the space of 48 hours, I've learned of 7 new suspect cases of people that have been in contact with me in the last 9 days. people that probably contracted the virus while they were away, meaning that they've had the virus for longer than it officially reached our country. Scary. Hope I don't get sick enough to require a hospital bedroom so that I don't take one from an elderly person.

From what is happening here, and everything that I can understand, one of the biggest thing is to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. An even better way is to use an anti-bacterial soap. 

And don’t hug or shake hands with anyone! 

Pretty soon we will all be bubble people. 

EC2E225F-310A-4A22-8A4F-7761C189C252.jpeg

10 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Hope I don't get sick enough to require a hospital bedroom so that I don't take one from an elderly person.

I do not believe I have been exposed yet, but I have had this same thought.

I'm glad I don't have to make the decisions the doctors are making now.

3 hours ago, jkjk said:

It's likely to happen in most places, probably. The thing I heard said today that made me think of it "China has over a billion people and only 80000 had/have the virus, so it's obviously not a big deal". Of course, that thought ignores the fact that China shut down the region in a way that is more difficult for democracies to duplicate.

You are correct about people complaining no matter what, they love it. If the governments of the world did nothing, people would complain about how many people got sick. If governments continue as they currently are, people will complain that not enough got sick.   :rolleyes:

Call me a fool, but I don't trust anything coming from China regarding the Coronavirus.

The mass hysteria around the coronavirus is becoming more dangerous than the virus.

Panick attacks, psychosis, irrational behavior... they are the real deal. Not to mention the power struggle around this shit (political parties blaming each other, geopolitical moves, the media trying to become relevant again – an impossible task BTW, transnational entities trying to police language, etc.) and the economical crisis... :smoker:

2 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

13 hours ago, jkjk said:

^  Good point, China historically under-reports in these situations.

China s all about optically looking good which is often not the case besides their authoritarian regime. 

2 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

The mass hysteria around the coronavirus is becoming more dangerous than the virus.

Panick attacks, psychosis, irrational behavior... they are the real deal. Not to mention the power struggle around this shit (political parties blaming each other, geopolitical moves, the media trying to become relevant again – an impossible task BTW, transnational entities trying to police language, etc.) and the economical crisis... :smoker:

Politicizing and fearmongering over the Coronavirus is shit!

After we get through the crisis, then they can go back at it.

58 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

China is all about optically looking good which is often not the case besides their authoritarian regime. 

I looked around earlier for some reliable sources on the situation in China. The common assumption I found is that China is under-reporting, possibly significantly under-reporting (Iran also). Of course, we have no idea what's happening in North Korea, but since they can't travel it doesn't affect things globally. Not shocking from any of them, of course.

19 hours ago, jkjk said:

I looked around earlier for some reliable sources on the situation in China. The common assumption I found is that China is under-reporting, possibly significantly under-reporting (Iran also). Of course, we have no idea what's happening in North Korea, but since they can't travel it doesn't affect things globally. Not shocking from any of them, of course.

The Twitter machine is bending the knee to the Chinese government. over disinformation................ SHOCKER!