Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

10 hours ago, Michael* said:

it's equally unanimous in admitting to only having a rudimentary understanding of how genetics, hormones and environment factor into brain development. They know biology is a big part of it though, and biology doesn't always cleanly divide people into two sexes.

Nothing in what you say suggests that a 3 year old can make life changing decisions, which is the main point.

Biology clearly defines the 2 sexes, with very rare exceptions, like intersex (e.g. XXY or other kind, that are 0.0x% of the population). If you talk about brain development, fair enough, but that still doesn't mean that a 3 year old is fit for big decisions and when people have few knowledge of stuff (like in sociology) the best approach is to be careful with these things.

They plead rudimentary knowledge (not all of the PC pundits do it BTW) and yet they use this little knowledge to make big changes in real life. One shouldn't make "social engineering" without extreme prudence.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

Nothing in what you say suggests that a 3 year old can make life changing decisions, which is the main point.

Biology clearly defines the 2 sexes, with very rare exceptions, like intersex (e.g. XXY or other kind, that are 0.0x% of the population). If you talk about brain development, fair enough, but that still doesn't mean that a 3 year old is fit for big decisions and when people have few knowledge of stuff (like in sociology) the best approach is to be careful with these things.

They plead rudimentary knowledge (not all of the PC pundits do it BTW) and yet they use this little knowledge to make big changes in real life. One shouldn't make "social engineering" without extreme prudence.

I didn't say anything pertaining to the Theron case at all, as that wasn't really the question I was asked.

But regarding the main point, there seems to be a widespread belief on here, and I'm not sure why, that the decision is an irreversible one, when nothing could be further from the truth. If the whole thing turns out to be a phase, the kid can just go back to being a boy. I don't see what the problem is.

Much of this discussion has already devolved into assumptions of "they're giving hormones to kids" and statements like "leave his penis unchopped", which completely ignore the reality of the situation. Nobody gives hormones to kids, and even puberty blockers aren't typically prescribed until much later. By which time, I think it's safe to say whether the adolescent knows if they are transgender or not.

16 minutes ago, Michael* said:

Much of this discussion has already devolved into assumptions of "they're giving hormones to kids"

Nobody talked about hormones. :idk: How does it have anything to do with our initial discussion? Why caricaturing?

17 minutes ago, Michael* said:

statements like "leave his penis unchopped"

SuperG. Girl said that. It was one statement and... I think it was satirical and not to be taken literally.

2 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

SuperG. Girl said that. It was one statement and... I think it was satirical and not to be taken literally.

It's to be taken literally ......... I'm a strong advocate of the penis integrity movement. You should never crop the penis under any occasion :no: 

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Nobody talked about hormones. :idk: How does it have anything to do with our initial discussion? Why caricaturing?

You're right, I'm aware that nobody used the word "hormones". That was what I believed was being implied from the tone of the discussion and the referencing of irreversible life changing decisions, but I should have asked for clarification. However if my initial reaction was indeed wide of the mark, and the discussion we're having is literally only about a little boy who professes to feel more like a girl, then I still don't see a problem with letting them do what makes them happy. As I said, if the whole thing turns out to be a phase, the kid can just go back to being a boy.

21 hours ago, Michael* said:

I think I'm right in thinking that the scientific community verges on unanimousness in its assessment of climate change, and that it's equally unanimous in admitting to only having a rudimentary understanding of how genetics, hormones and environment factor into brain development. They know biology is a big part of it though, and biology doesn't always cleanly divide people into two sexes.

Academia is biased and can't report their case studies truthfully because of fears of certain groups that harass, call for their funding to be cut, them to be fired, etc just because it doesn't fit their narrative. I've read that certain academics are afraid to publish their case studies for the reasons I listed above.

I'm all about truth not being shut down because they'll hurt feelings.

Just now, Sunshiine said:

@Stormbringer ooh, not a bad thing at all then :chicken::chicken:what is your favorite album? 

I went to see a «fake» beatles performance last month. they were pretty good! I wasn't expecting them to be that good. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_NZBkXVV6M

The White Album, by far! :chicken: 

What's yours?

They actually sound quite good!

Nice to see they also use the gear The Beatles actually used.

1 hour ago, frenchkiki said:

Because i disagree with everything you answered to me and I really do not see the point of quoting what you said to tell you why you are wrong and then you will quote me to tell me why I am wrong. Dead end discussion.  I told you what I think in my first message. And, you quoted me to basically say what you already said  in your original message about Charlize & her child. 

I personally think she is doing nothing wrong. 

And I like you too :hug:

Charlize can do the whatever the fuck she wants with her kids. Just don't think the kid has the maturity to make that kind of decision at that age without being able to comprehend all the factors that go into that decision.

17 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

:/ some days it’s hard to really care for FiL. 

#dementiaIsFun #

That sucks!

If this is true this could be a game changer for CTE, dementia, Alzheimer's, muscular dystrophy, etc.