Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

11 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

JJ is the perfect hack to tie up the Skywalker Saga. I'm expecting so much fan service in this one.

Hubs and I were talking after seeing the trailer, and I mentioned what I said here about it being bad fanfic, and he said that the last Jedi was spackle trying to fix the holes in the Disney plot. 

I think that star wars fans expect too much from the series in general.  Nothing will re-create the experience of watching the originals for the first time in their childhoods unless the films are entirely different and massively innovative in their content.

1 hour ago, Stromboli1 said:

Fans complained TFA was copy of ANH and then TLJ was too original. Star Wars fans are fickle.

I think that's true for many of them.

The same seems to be true for many (most?) remakes, reboots, etc.

9 hours ago, elfstone said:

I'm guessing the magazine that printed this pic werent be so keen to let their readers know about her age? Plus there wasnt anything like google back then.

Actually, as she was also on the cover her age was mentioned.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/55/64/f3/5564f3ce87ef14b599e39009114288a3.jpg

Fans complained TFA was copy of ANH and then TLJ was too original.

TFA was objectively a copy.

TLJ (aka SJW episode) was not "original", it was a display of teenage ingratitude. Anyway, that's not so surprising, Mickey is a kid's brand (and adolescence is the ungrateful phase of childhood).

Star Wars fans are fickle.

Mickey and Miss K are the inconsistent bunch and they are SJW who fills their movies with a lot of clichés and with no scenarios. The audience is just taking note of their sinking into the abysses brainless PC.

9 hours ago, jkjk said:

I think that's true for many of them.

I was talking about the super fans who go see the movies multiple times, buy all the merchandise, and now will plan vacations to Galaxy's Edge in both Disney parks.

9 hours ago, jkjk said:

Sometimes (not always), directors and producers who make remakes are people who aren't creative enough to create their own universe. :idk:

I like J. J. Abrams. He made a lot of great things. Ep.7 was OK I think, maybe not the most original movie, but at least there was something. Now, ep.8 is a blank movie with no scenario (and they replaced the absence of scenario with the presence of our time's clichés).

5 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

TFA was objectively a copy.

TLJ (aka SJW episode) was not "original", it was a display of teenage ingratitude. Anyway, that's not so surprising, Mickey is a kid's brand (and adolescence is the ungrateful phase of childhood).

Mickey and Miss K are the inconsistent bunch and they are SJW who fills their movies with a lot of clichés and with no scenarios. The audience is just taking note of their sinking into the abysses brainless PC.

Star Wars fans complain too much, they're almost as bad as smarks.

11 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Hubs and I were talking after seeing the trailer, and I mentioned what I said here about it being bad fanfic, and he said that the last Jedi was spackle trying to fix the holes in the Disney plot. 

The last jedi has a big hole: a consistent scenario... Now, since nature abhors a vacuum, they filled the hole with SJW clichés and that's what annoyed the audience the most.

2 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Star Wars fans complain too much, they're almost as bad as smarks.

It's not about Star wars. In the end, who cares about Star Wars? It's about movies being filled with SJW crap.:alien:  Star wars is just a symptom of a broader tendency.

There are more and more movies like that: no scenario, but political messages.

I guess you don't remember the hatred for the prequels and George Lucas, the fans saying that he ruined their childhoods. Then TFA got hated on for being a copy of ANH and TLJ was too original. I didn't like the SJW crap in it either. Star Wars fans feel like they're owed something and need to get over themselves.

Believe you me I have issues with the prequels and sequels so far, but I'm not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of Star Wars.

37 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

I guess you don't remember the hatred for the prequels and George Lucas, the fans saying that he ruined their childhoods. Then TFA got hated on for being a copy of ANH and TLJ was too original. I didn't like the SJW crap in it either. Star Wars fans feel like they're owed something and need to get over themselves.

Believe you me I have issues with the prequels and sequels so far, but I'm not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of Star Wars.

Once again, who cares about Star Wars, in the end? I think that you forget that the main grief is that it was a SJW movie. Star Wars is famous, that's why this one is more discussed, but it's a general tendency.

This movie was disliked by the audience (cf. Rotten Tomatoes, 44% liked it), but the counter argument in the media is that.... "Russian trollbots dit it":rofl::rofl::rofl:

@jkjk You earlier talked about conspiracy theories being bigger and bigger. You're right and the mainstream media are big providers of these theories :cain: