Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 3/23/2019 at 11:10 AM, Stromboli1 said:

Wow mental illness is no joke, that was a very good read!

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/clint-malarchuk-bleeding-out

Yes it was a good read. Thank you for posting it, Stromboli.

I still feel that the stigmata that hangs over us about our mental health is looming large and it saddens me.

1 hour ago, CandleVixen said:

What happened, Stormy?

Bicycle... hit by a car. More like reached by a car on the side. But only a touch is enough and this was a little more...

But hey, it wasn't nearly as bad as it sounds!

I was extremely lucky all things considered... besides the sprained finger (right thumb) I'm only sore and have some scratches on the right side. And the bike is, incredibly, unscathed. 

What a waste of fucking money on that report!

The Republicans will do the same thing when a Democrat is the CIC.

Break the fucking cycle you morons, so much time & money wasting on frivolous things. Start working together again to rebuild and help the country instead of dividing it. We never learn from history that great civilizations always start to crumble from within then they collapse and/or get conquered.

53 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

Yes it was a good read. Thank you for posting it, Stromboli.

I still feel that the stigmata that hangs over us about our mental health is looming large and it saddens me.

I still think that mental health as a major topic of discussion is still in it's infancy in the US, but it is gaining traction finally.

The Pentagon’s Bottomless Money Pit

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/pentagon-budget-mystery-807276/

A retired Air Force auditor — we’ll call him Andy — tells a story about a thing that happened at Ogden Air Force Base, Utah. Sometime in early 2001, something went wrong with a base inventory order. Andy thinks it was a simple data-entry error. “Someone ordered five of something,” he says, “and it came out as an order for 999,000.” He laughs. “It was probably just something the machine defaulted to. Type in an order for a part the wrong way, and it comes out all frickin’ nines in every field.” Nobody actually delivered a monster load of parts. But the faulty transaction — the paper trail for a phantom inventory adjustment never made — started moving through the Air Force’s maze of internal accounting systems anyway. A junior-level logistics officer caught it before it went out of house. Andy remembers the incident because, as a souvenir, he kept the June 28th, 2001, email that circulated about it in the Air Force accounting world, in which the dollar value of the error was discussed.

“What kind of an organization,” Andy asks, “doesn’t keep track of $20 billion in inventory?”

Despite being the taxpayers’ greatest investment — more than $700 billion a year — the Department of Defense has remained an organizational black box throughout its history. It’s repelled generations of official inquiries, the latest being an audit three decades in the making, mainly by scrambling its accounting into such a mess that it may never be untangled.

Ahead of misappropriation, fraud, theft, overruns, contracting corruption and other abuses that are almost certainly still going on, the Pentagon’s first problem is its books. It’s the world’s largest producer of wrong numbers, an ingenious bureaucratic defense system that hides all the other rats’ nests underneath. Meet the Gordian knot of legend, brought to life in modern America.

AT THE TAIL end of last year, the Department of Defense finally completed an audit. At a cost of $400 million, some 1,200 auditors charged into the jungle of military finance, but returned in defeat. They were unable to pass the Pentagon or flunk it. They could only offer no opinion, explaining the military’s empire of hundreds of acronymic accounting silos was too illogical to penetrate.

The audit is the last piece in one of the great ass-covering projects ever undertaken, also known as the effort to give the United States government a clean bill of financial health. Twenty-nine years ago, in 1990, Congress ordered all government agencies to begin producing audited financial statements. Others complied. Defense refused from the jump.

It took a Herculean legislative effort lasting 20 years to move the Pentagon off its intransigent starting position. In 2011, it finally agreed to be ready by 2017, which turned into 2018, when the Department of Defense finally complied with part of the law ordering “timely performance reports.”

Last November 15th, when the whiffed audit was announced, Deputy Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan said it was nothing to worry about, because “we never expected to pass it.” Asked by a reporter why taxpayers should keep giving the Pentagon roughly $700 billion a year if it can’t even “get their house in order and count ships right or buildings right,” Shanahan quipped, “We count ships right.”

This was an inside joke. The joke was, the Pentagon isn’t so hot at counting buildings. Just a few years ago, in fact, it admitted to losing track of “478 structures,” in addition to 39 Black Hawk helicopters (whose fully loaded versions list for about $21 million a pop).

“These systems,” as one Senate staffer puts it, “were not designed to be audited.”

If and when the defense review is ever completed, we’re likely to find a pile of Enrons, with the military’s losses and liabilities hidden in Enron-like special-purpose vehicles, assets systematically overvalued, monies Congress approved for X feloniously diverted to Program Y, contractors paid twice, parts bought twice, repairs done unnecessarily and at great expense, and so on.

9 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Poor Samantha Hoopes, her leak was BAD! :rofl: :ninja: :rofl:

At least her man looks decent. I would be more embarassed if I were Liz, there's nothing flattering about that guy or what he's doing :rofl:

2 hours ago, jkjk said:

There are a few people who, apparently, are only here to post occasional negative comments about models. It seems odd and like a complete waste of time.

The internet is full of those people...

------------------

King Crimson is coming to Chile for the first time.

AND THE TICKETS ARE ALREADY SOLD OUT. IN 3 HOURS! :cry::cry:

I wanted to go...!!! :cry::cry: