Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

9 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I don't know, it's a complicated topic. Life can be a struggle whose rules are hard to understand (but I like what this guy said in one of your previous posts).

What I'm sure of is that it's vital that every opinion (like his) can be expressed in social sciences, with ppl arguing their points. Today's social scientists are often bathing in PC certainties (with a lot of self-censorship) and people don't realise how grave this is.

It's worse in the mainstream media, who keep producing the same ideas that get impregnated again with the same ideas without any critical thinking. It's like intellectual consanguinity :wacko: Mainstream media should realise disagreement is not dangerous, quite the opposite: civil disagreement is primordial.

*Rant*

What's the thing with models last names being withheld? 99% of agencies (Elite being a nice exception) are like "Ksenia" "Jana" "Mandy" "Alice" etc... or sometimes they like to play and give away the first letter "Alice B" or "Mandy L". 

Same with catalogs. Photographer: John Manson Makeup: Jennifer Lynn Model: Alice. 

Drives me crazy haha... usually reverse image search is more effective than searching for "Ksenia Model" or god help "Alice model" haha... 

On 1/1/2019 at 4:09 PM, CandleVixen said:

My first reply is that I married a man 2” shorter than I am, and it’s been over 20 years and still going strong. 

Second thought is the thinking is antiquated and it is skewed to a man over 60.

I agree and disagree with some of the stuff he was saying. Gad's height argument is mostly true, there are outliers for the argument as with all studies.

On 1/1/2019 at 5:18 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I don't know, it's a complicated topic. Life can be a struggle whose rules are hard to understand (but I like what this guy said in one of your previous posts).

What I'm sure of is that it's vital that every opinion (like his) can be expressed in social sciences, with ppl arguing their points. Today's social scientists are often bathing in PC certainties (with a lot of self-censorship) and people don't realise how grave this is.

It's worse in the mainstream media, who keep producing the same ideas that get impregnated again with the same ideas without any critical thinking. It's like intellectual consanguinity :wacko: Mainstream media should realise disagreement is not dangerous, quite the opposite: civil disagreement is primordial.

All the generations of the last 70 years lack critical thinking skills especially in the US.

12 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Could it be that they are trying to somewhat protect the models from being stalked?  :idk:

I think the chances of missing jobs because of tedious "Alice Model" etc searches which noone has time for are much greater than being stalked. You can't even stalk someone just because you know their full name. My name is Lionel Schmitt, I expect you on my door tomorrow afternoon haha...

A serious stalker will also get your full name based on your first and a picture + your job (model - public). Even I manage that (it's just annoying) and I'm not even a stalker haha...  

But a potential client doesn't have time for that. 

The models themselves almost always note their full name on Instagram (or other platforms) so probably not really something that is in their interest.