Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 8/13/2018 at 10:17 PM, Enrico_sw said:

This video with Taylor Hill is not racist at all. It's just two guys kidding by imagining what someone thinks/feels. It's a game that kids do.

They fake an Indian accent; how come it's a problem? People fake accents all the time in movies and that's alright. I can even remember people complaining about movies where alleged foreigners spoke English without an accent. So, in the end, you're always wrong, whatever you do.

Anyway, if we want to stop racism, let's stop talking about it all the time, it gets annoying.

Yes, racism will go away if no one ever talks about it anymore. :rofl:

On 8/14/2018 at 2:25 AM, Stromboli1 said:

Thanks for finding the video! :chicken:

However I didn't see anything wrong with that 11 seconds to say that Taylor and her bf are racist. :idk:

Taylor is young and seems to be just going along with gelboys idiocy.

Gelboy is a grown-ass man who should know better and his mimicking of what he thinks is an South-Asian accent at the man is definitely racist.

13 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

Yes, I have an opinion, isn't it amazing!? And also; i have re-watched the video with a proper sound on my PC once I was back at home few hours later:Dinah:(tada!)

I always had an opinion on it : jealousy of her male fans.

And it's like that on almost every models treads. Boyfriends are always douche-bags, idiots, ugly, too old, too small, not good enough.

If you are talking about me specifically, I don't remember ever saying anything negative about another model boyfriend. I don't even know who half of them are dating.

I like the idea of a Batwoman TV series, but Ruby Rose wouldn't have been my first choice.

For one thing, Katherine Kane is supposed to be tall. I believe 5'11 is the canon height.

Ruby Rose is listed as 5'7 but she seems even shorter than that to me.

The casting choice seems to have gone through the idea of just casting the most high profile out lesbian who is age-appropriate for the role instead of casting a wider net.

Still doesn't justify the online abuse she has gotten, of course.

58 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Taylor is young and seems to be just going along with gelboys idiocy.

Gelboy is a grown-ass man who should know better and his mimicking of what he thinks is an South-Asian accent at the man is definitely racist.

So you're telling me that you're judging a person's life from an 11 second video doing a silly stupid impression that he's racist, that don't jive with me and we can disagree on that. :D

Making up pseudo scenarios won't go anywhere so I'm not going down that road.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

If you are talking about me specifically, I don't remember ever saying anything negative about another model boyfriend. I don't even know who half of them are dating.

No Iam not talking about you but about male fans of models in general on BZ and other forums.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I am mostly confused by the folks who see nothing wrong with this.

So you would also have no issue with a person who starts laughing and talking in "fake Chinese" at a random Chinese person they encounter on the street? That wouldn't be racist or bigoted either?

Yes I would have an issue with a person doing that^ but I still see nothing wrong with that video.

Or maybe he should have faked a French accent because they were in Paris?

To presume the guy was having a middle east accent because of the way he looked was a stupid stereotype but we all have stereotypes about foreign people without being racist.

And if he had faked a French accent because the guy was wearing a beret (#stereotypes)

https://www.deguiz-fetes.fr/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/e/beret-rouge.jpgwould you still think it was racist?

6 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

What pseudo scenarios? Are you talking about my equivalent example?

I could've made up a pseudo scenario to fit my narrative just like your equivalent example, it would just be hypothetical and we'd just go in circles and we'd end up back to square one.

2 minutes ago, frenchkiki said:

Yes I would have an issue with a person doing that^ but I still see nothing wrong with that video.

Or maybe he should have faked a French accent because they were in Paris?

To presume the guy was having a middle east accent because of the way he looked was a stupid stereotype but we all have stereotypes about foreign people without being racist.

And if he had faked a French accent because the guy was wearing a beret (#stereotypes) 

https://www.deguiz-fetes.fr/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/e/beret-rouge.jpgwould you still think it was racist?

But how is using a fake Chinese accent worse than faking a South-Asian/Indian accent?

1 minute ago, Stromboli1 said:

I could've made up a pseudo scenario to fit my narrative just like your equivalent example, it would just be hypothetical and we'd just go in circles and we'd end up back to square one. 

How is it a pseudo scenario when it is in fact exactly what the video depicts, only I have changed the person targeted from MENA/South-Asian to Chinese? :idk:

5 minutes ago, frenchkiki said:

Because the example you gave me has nothing to do with both Micheal and Taylor did.

So as a wise man told you few post above, not going down that road with you.

:flower:

Not really sure how that reasoning works, considering my example is basically the equivalent of the video, with just the racial background of the target changed. :idk:

5 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

How is it a pseudo scenario when it is in fact exactly what the video depicts, only I have changed the person targeted from MENA/South-Asian to Chinese? :idk:

It's hypothetical.... each scenario is different by tone, intent, what they say, etc.

Salvini now blames the EU for the collapse of the bridge in Genoa. I am perpetually surprised at the utter shamelessness of his kind of scum.

There is nothing about Italy's EU membership that prevents them from properly investing in their infrastructure. Otherwise the roads all over Europe would be just as bad. :rolleyes: