Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 8/10/2018 at 2:20 PM, Stromboli1 said:

Very true, which is crazy that they fought the crown for being oppressed, but became the oppressors.

What we have now isn't working...... I don't have the answers and know what will work for everyone.

People who are Romeheads and enthusiasts on civilization point out the historical, economic, political, and sociological parallels and called the USA "collapsing USA" and Europe- even worse- "Suicidal Europe".  

I'm not clear on what your "vision" is.  I grew up in the 1990s and I remember the optimistic and patriotic mentality of parents, my teachers, and the media than is 180 degrees from the mood today.  America was growing, the new information age, we were using Asia to "get rich", we could win wars, etc.   All of this turned.  I have noticed that people who grew up in the 1980s and 1990s know of a time where people "believed" in America in stark contrast to the children of the great recession or people who grew up during the Vietnam years.

I never fully accepted this vision but I still "remember".  It came to me that if we could improve our internal substance from a personal/cultural standpoint, that could make up for the macroeconomic failures and obtain a high level of happiness & quality of what we do and consume.  The USA will disappear into history as just another power rather than a superpower it no longer really is- and that's ok.

Because he is older than her and he started dating her when she was a teen. So everybody has to find poor excuses like "he is a racist/pedophile" to hate him.

Basically ANY guy dating a model is a douche bag according to their male fans.

13 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

People who are Romeheads and enthusiasts on civilization point out the historical, economic, political, and sociological parallels and called the USA "collapsing USA" and Europe- even worse- "Suicidal Europe".  

I'm not clear on what your "vision" is.  I grew up in the 1990s and I remember the optimistic and patriotic mentality of parents, my teachers, and the media than is 180 degrees from the mood today.  America was growing, the new information age, we were using Asia to "get rich", we could win wars, etc.   All of this turned.  I have noticed that people who grew up in the 1980s and 1990s know of a time where people "believed" in America in stark contrast to the children of the great recession or people who grew up during the Vietnam years.

I never fully accepted this vision but I still "remember".  It came to me that if we could improve our internal substance from a personal/cultural standpoint, that could make up for the macroeconomic failures and obtain a high level of happiness & quality of what we do and consume.  The USA will disappear into history as just another power rather than a superpower it no longer really is- and that's ok.

My vision is very complex and seems like I mixed & matched things from the salad bar. :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I'm curious if it's the same thing as the 1990s zeitgeist..

Educational, big corporation, food industry, employment, and political reforms.

Some of those could be a subset with one another. Also things like the environment for example are built into big corporation & food industry reforms.

Didn't really get into detail and probably forgot some too. :laugh:

8 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

Because he is older than her and he started dating her when she was a teen. So everybody has to find poor excuses like "he is a racist/pedophile" to hate him.

Basically ANY guy dating a model is a douche bag according to their male fans.

For me it's more about his racism and the fact that he acts like the Mayor of douche central, but whatever.

Michael was hated since day one by everybody on Taylor's thread as soon as her fans knew he was way older than her. That was the only reason at first and still the main reason.

Now, i don't know him or his personality but it seems that the guy can't do right no matter what.

And it seems like Taylor wasn't that innocent when it comes to that "taxi story' in Paris. I know nothing about their couple and how they behave together tho.

11 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Haven't seen the video or what it is....... I like to look at things objectively first. So if I see nothing wrong with it am I racist and a Nazi? 

Probably not as Taylor had plenty of defenders on the VS thread. But if you saw nothing wrong with it, I’d think you were willingly obtuse.