Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

@Stromboli1  what do you think of bodybuilding  as of late?

TBH it really does seem like the 1990s was the end of the golden age of bodybuilding.  (Ronnie & Jay)  

They were freaks but at least they had narrow waists.  The current guys have bloated stomachs from human growth hormone and look too blocky.  Also, the line up from the 1990s had personality and unique looks; the ones now are rather generic looking and blend together.

The current champ (7 time) looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle.  I dunno, he bores me for some reason.  

phil-vs-kai.jpgolympia-weekend-2012-phil-heath-intervie

I don't like it and didn't really like it in the first place except the Arnold era. They aren't healthy either because the heart doesn't know if the weight is muscle or fat. Just the added strain the weight puts on the heart.

How do those dudes wipe their ass?

Just now, jkjk said:

^^  That would have been great, but sometimes you get unlucky with the draw.  Of course, if Roger had beaten Anderson it could have still been a good final.

Oh, that would have ben the perfect final!

It's incredible Roger lost that match. I was watching it and he had a match point! Then I had to leave and when I came back later I saw that Anderson won  :banghead: Which led to that oh so dull match against Isner 

^^  I don't know why people said the Isner/Anderson match was exciting. It was boring. I think I saw a stat that said the average number of strokes per point in that match was a little above 2. No rallies at all.

I know Djokovic can break Anderson, and I hope he does it early.

2 hours ago, jkjk said:

^^  I don't know why people said the Isner/Anderson match was exciting. It was boring. I think I saw a stat that said the average number of strokes per point in that match was a little above 2. No rallies at all.

I know Djokovic can break Anderson, and I hope he does it early.

It was terribly boring. Service and point... almost no breaks or interesting plays, no rallies and that eternal 5th set.

I hope too Djokovic will finish it early tomorrow.

22 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I don't like it and didn't really like it in the first place except the Arnold era. They aren't healthy either because the heart doesn't know if the weight is muscle or fat. Just the added strain the weight puts on the heart.

How do those dudes wipe their ass?

Yea, in a way it's a death cult, as a lot of them have serious health problems/shortened lifespans or a very early death.  Dallas McCarver died at age 25/26 with enlarged organs and a damaged heart.  He was considered a rising star and a potential Mr.  O champion.

Dal_large.jpg?v=1472455898

There are 4 divisions in the Olympia:

1. Men's Open- this is the highest status one and the one comprised of extreme freaks.  I think it has gone downhill since the 1990s.

maxresdefault.jpg

2. there is "classic physique" which is more like Arnie's day - It came out in 2016 and I think it has potential.

maxresdefault.jpg

3. Men's Physique- I have heard that the winner only got 20,000 dollars last year- quite pathetic.  It is considered a stepping stone competition that aims at aesthetics  they wear long shorts because legs aren't being judged

maxresdefault.jpg

4. 212- this is basically only for short men 

maxresdefault.jpg

9 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Yea, in a way it's a death cult, as a lot of them have serious health problems/shortened lifespans or a very early death.  Dallas McCarver died at age 25/26 with enlarged organs and a damaged heart.  He was considered a rising star and a potential Mr.  O champion.

It's sad that they abuse their body like that.