Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

5 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

What's going on with your grandpa? :sad:

In a matter of six months he's got alzheimer and senile dementia, plus he's got diabetes and all the meds they've been giving him are not working anymore and today he's feeling really really bad.

30 minutes ago, lostdiadem said:

In a matter of six months he's got alzheimer and senile dementia, plus he's got diabetes and all the meds they've been giving him are not working anymore and today he's feeling really really bad.

So sorry to hear that :sad: Although I am not in your situation I do understand. My grandmother who raised me past away from a stroke a couple of years ago. It was very heartbreaking and painful (still kinda is :cry:). I still miss her dearly. My grandfather is still alive but he is senile and has dementia as well. He has been avoiding talking to me (probably b/c he knows he is getting old and it is showing in his behavior) and when he does talk to me he would ask me the same questions over & over again within a short amount of time :/ It is tough when people we love ages. It really put things into perspective about life. Maybe try to spend as much time with him as possible and keep talking to him. You guys could watch tv together even if he isn't focusing or you could read to him. I hope your grandfather feels better soon and wish you all the best :heart:  Let us know if you need anything :flower:

16 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

So sorry to hear that :sad: Although I am not in your situation I do understand. My grandmother who raised me past away from a stroke a couple of years ago. It was very heartbreaking and painful (still kinda is :cry:). I still miss her dearly. My grandfather is still alive but he is senile and has dementia as well. He has been avoiding talking to me (probably b/c he knows he is getting old and it is showing in his behavior) and when he does talk to me he would ask me the same questions over & over again within a short amount of time :/ It is tough when people we love ages. It really put things into perspective about life. Maybe try to spend as much time with him as possible and keep talking to him. You guys could watch tv together even if he isn't focusing or you could read to him. I hope your grandfather feels better soon and wish you all the best :heart:  Let us know if you need anything :flower:

I feel bad about this but I actually don't wanna see him in these conditions because I'm too sensitive and see him in such conditions would only do me worse. Mom and her bros are trying to do their best with grandma but it looks like it's not enough. He still recognizes us all but I actually wanna avoid to see him suffer like this, I wanna remember him for who he was til some months ago. It breaks my heart because I grew up with him and did A LOT for me and my family. Thanks for your concern btw, I really appreciate it. :smile: 

2 hours ago, lostdiadem said:

I don't think I will ever be ready to say goodbye to my grandpa.

2 hours ago, lostdiadem said:

So sorry to hear.... :sad: 

3 hours ago, lostdiadem said:

I feel bad about this but I actually don't wanna see him in these conditions because I'm too sensitive and see him in such conditions would only do me worse. Mom and her bros are trying to do their best with grandma but it looks like it's not enough. He still recognizes us all but I actually wanna avoid to see him suffer like this, I wanna remember him for who he was til some months ago. It breaks my heart because I grew up with him and did A LOT for me and my family. Thanks for your concern btw, I really appreciate it. :smile: 

I could understand why you don't want to see him in his current state. It is upsetting and heartbreaking :/ Do what you feel is right and comfortable. I am sure your grandfather knows you love him dearly regardless :yes:

The only thing we could do is the best we can. The "best" might differ person to person and depending on the situation but as long as we are trying, that's all that's expected of each of us :yes:  We will think good thoughts for you & your family. Take care :flower:

6 hours ago, lostdiadem said:

I don't think I will ever be ready to say goodbye to my grandpa.

I was the same way with mine. I think the last thing I said to him was something like "See you soon", even though I knew it was likely the last time I would talk to him.

I don't think it's ever easy and I don't think there is a right or wrong way to handle these situations.

:flower:

4 hours ago, jkjk said:

I was the same way with mine. I think the last thing I said to him was something like "See you soon", even though I knew it was likely the last time I would talk to him.

It might not be the last time you see him. If  you are a spiritual person or someone who believes in the afterlife then you guys will see each other again. Hopefully not soon but eventually :smile: 

Besides Lost’s grandfather is still around so it might not be anything she needs to worry about right now :hehe: 

10 hours ago, lostdiadem said:

I'm sorry to read this, @lostdiadem.  :hug:

I understand that too well, Lost. I lost my grandmother to Alzheimer's years before she died of it's complications. And my husband and I are living with his father, who also has Alz, other dementia, diabetes and other ills. I helped my mother out with my grandmother, as well as being the primary caregiver for my father in law. 

There will be good and bad days from here on out.

I was told years ago, that the largest comfort with the progression of Alz is that the person retreats to their happiest of times. The worst is watching them retreat into themselves where we can't follow. 

I do understand the fact that you don't wish to see him in this state. If it is possible to keep those memories with you while spending time with him before he passes, I would encourage the visits. If you don't think you can, that's fine as well. 

I agree with what @PinkCouture posted. I will keep thinking and sending warm, healing thoughts to you and your family. You can always send me a message too. 

Thank you all guys for your concern, I appreciate it!

9 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

There will be good and bad days from here on out.

I was told years ago, that the largest comfort with the progression of Alz is that the person retreats to their happiest of times. The worst is watching them retreat into themselves where we can't follow. 

For now it doesn't look like that, sometimes he's like a 3yo kid and some other times he's violent to my grandma and then he keeps making trouble all around the house. But what bugs me the most is to see him this way when he was like the pillar of the family, helping my mom when dad and I weren't home (she's on a wheelchair) and prepared us lunch and dinner, he always took me to school til I got the car and now I have to see everyone basically doing what he's done for us all his life, it's hard to take. But I guess this is life.

Btw, he feels better today.

3 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

I have black mold on my bed room ceiling. Don't know why and my landlord is waiting to know where is coming from before to get rid of it.

Meanwhile... my nose bleed everyday, my throat is itchy & my eyes are itchy too :sad:

:shocking: Why da fuck are you still anywhere near a place that has black mold :shocking: 

22 minutes ago, frenchkiki said:

I don't have the choice, my bed room is my entire apartment :rofl:

Is there no Landlord tenant agreement as there is here?

If that was here I'd be saying fuck this, and force them to put me in a hotel or another apartment until it's done, that's fucking dangerous especially prolonged exposure