Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

53 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

@Clauds @Cult Icon @Stromboli1 @toodarnhot @ILUVAdrianaLima @Stormbringer  Do you hear it too? You don't need to listen to more than 15 seconds of the beginning of each song.

10 seconds into this song, pay close attention

^^ Convinced this song is about Karlie

I just can't do it cause I detest everything to do with pop music of the last 15-20 years.

Those damn computer algorithms. 

1 hour ago, Prettyphile said:

@Clauds @Cult Icon @Stromboli1 @toodarnhot @ILUVAdrianaLima @Stormbringer  Do you hear it too? You don't need to listen to more than 15 seconds of the beginning of each song.

I’ll have to listen later but :rofl: I’m on the same page re: Karlie. #KAYLORRISE

8 hours ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

i like jünger.

he collected more than 20 injuries during wwi, the last was a severe lung shot. That last shot towards the end of the war saved him, most of his military unit was killed not long after that.

Junger was already a daredevil before he fought in the world war.  Are you talking about the Michael offensive?  That book can be compared to the politically correct/pacifist one that's taught in schools (All Quiet on the Western Front).  I wonder what would the reaction be if some public school boards decided to teach it :rofl:   Some historians have considered the stormtrooper battalions (and then later, divisions) of WW1 as the first institutionalized modern infantry.  They deeply impacted the way the second world war was fought.

ca2cf26e625d998645269efa189b3de1--modern

5 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

It's not about Karlie, Taylor has confirmed already that the song is about her current boyfriend whose name I forgot but he is (unsurprisingly) a cute British actor.

Also it seems like she and Karlie are not even close anymore, Tay even turned down a part in Karlie's tv show thing. And Karlie has green eyes, the song is about someone with blue eyes.

Best technical adviser ever:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Dye

Dale_Dye.jpg

IMHO, He is the only adviser that makes the battle scenes have semblance of historical accuracy )- films (and the Pacific/Bob) that have his mark have carefully balanced accuracy melded with the practical needs of filmmaking.  All the battle scenes in Bob and the Pacific were made as good as possible.   I'd go as far as to say that both TV series are educational in the technical sense, as well.

These are the best from BOB that I know of  (Attack on Brecourt Manor was also very good.  There is a one with the attack on a Dutch village but I can't find it.):

The Foy battle (elements of the 101.AB supported by armor push out Panzer-grenadiers and Panzers out of Foy) shows that the adviser team clearly understand WW2 combat and tactics (unlike the rest of hollywood).  This battle is a great model for a common attack in the West front 1944/1945.

The german defense doctrine was to have a low manpower screen (snipers, forward observers (used to guide mortar and artillery fire), and machinegun teams) all across the Front.  Often the frontline had only 20 germans per KM of front.   The majority of the force was in the rear.  This gave the severely outnumbered germans the flexibility to counterattack- their idea of defense was to launch careful counterattacks with assault reserves at enemy weak points.  The Americans attack conventionally with combined arms and with numerical superiority.  In memoirs and divisional histories, the experience of fighting the defending germans was like fighting invisible ghosts- they were all snipers and machineguns.  Then, suddenly a german counterattack, and the majority of the germans emerge.  There is no counterattack in this scene but the other battle (for the Dutch village) in the early episode shows a classic german counterattack with Pzgrenadiers and tanks.

This one is great too- the best model of an armor breakthrough attack I've ever seen.  A battlegroup of Panzer-grenadiers from the 17.SS supported by German Paras from FJR-6 attack the 101.AB division a few days after the landing.  They try to achieve a breakthrough by sending a Stug IV Battalion (45 armored assault guns), clear out the airborne, and then roll up the flanks.  Combat Commands from the 2.AD maneuver in and hit the German attack from the flank.  IIRC around half of the Stug IVs are knocked out or abandoned and the "bloody gulch" is littered with hundreds of dead and wounded.  The Germans are out of Carentan for good.

It also has a nice scene of a fearful soldier who overcomes his fears, and later falls in combat for it.

5 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Do you hear it too? You don't need to listen to more than 15 seconds of the beginning of each song.

I do hear it but actually the similarities are not so big and mostly superficial: both start sort of arpeggiating a major chord (A major on the 1st one, C major on Swift's song yes, I learnt the chords of both songs first 15-20 secs and analyzed it a bit :ninja: ) on a more or less similar synth timbre. But then both go on a quite different chord progression: A - E -F#m - E - D - E [I-V-VIm-V-IV-V] for the first one and C - Am -F [I-VIm-IV] for Swift's. And also a very different melody.

I was expecting a more blatant thing like the melody being more or less the same :rofl: 

Oh and that "Gorgeousat the start of Swift's song is SO FUCKING ANNOYING :dead_horse::dead_horse: