Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

6 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

I was kidding :tf:

my only passion right now is my bed.

I'd like to be able to hibernate like a bear.

Well, we'll just have to compromise:  I'm going warp you in bear skin and bruise your neck with my kisses

2017-01-12_16-58-34_2017_01_11_furcanada

or we'd have to figure out how to make Christy passionate and "not bored?":stormy:

12 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Lewis Nixon

Ronald Speirs

Shifty Powers

Were my three favorites.

As great as Band of Brothers is, the only character that really registered for me was Winters- the fact that I read his memoir before the series appeared probably had something to do with it.

Also, the Band of Brothers series caused a small amount of jealousy with veterans of the 82nd Airborne (the most senior and combat experienced US airborne division)

My favorite US private soldier's memoir remains "With the Old Breed", which was covered in "The Pacific".  It is a valuable text with strong emotional impact.  

On 18/10/2017 at 5:35 PM, Cult Icon said:

^

Is he your favorite character?  I liked Winters the most 

Winters is of course the best. He has a lot of charisma, he's level-headed, calm and smart. But Guarnere is fire and energy.

In short, here are the best ones for me:

- Winters (charismatic, calm and smart)

- Speirs (f*** bold!)

- Guarnere (fire, boiling blood and determination)

A girl came out for our football (American) team. :chicken:

Teaching her how to throw & catch a football was a lot of fun. I want her to take a big hit to get the apprehensiveness of getting hit out of the way, players can get hurt really bad if they are shying away from contact. After that happens she'll be able to dish it out to the boys. :chicken::chicken:

My 3rd sentence holds true for everyone that plays football (American).

11 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

As great as Band of Brothers is, the only character that really registered for me was Winters- the fact that I read his memoir before the series appeared probably had something to do with it.

Also, the Band of Brothers series caused a small amount of jealousy with veterans of the 82nd Airborne (the most senior and combat experienced US airborne division)

My favorite US private soldier's memoir remains "With the Old Breed", which was covered in "The Pacific".  It is a valuable text with strong emotional impact.  

Eugene Sledge!

Also a great role by Rami Malek in that series ("The Pacific").

PogChamp

Do these 9.7 million-year-old teeth suggest EUROPE is the cradle of humanity? Controversial discovery could 'rewrite the history of mankind'

• Teeth closely resemble those belonging to two ancient human fossils in Africa
  • However, the German teeth are twice as old as both of the African skeletons
  • If the finding is confirmed, the teeth will be the oldest hominin fossils ever found
  • Could change our understanding of human evolution and 'out of Africa' theory
  • The teeth are currently being examined in detail by a team of scientists and the first paper to report on the finding will be published next week