Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

In this particular case there is a very high probability that most fires were man-made.

Because here October is the time that most farmers call the "burning" season. Which basically means they burn their soils to clean and prepare it for the new year. This practice, when done in October, is usually harmless since its usually cold enough for forest fires to not be a threat.

However, this year, we had a heat wave. Like 40º temperature in some places yesterday. But, due to a mix of poor judgement by people and a lack of warnings by the public organizations, a lot of these burns were still being made. Of course, things get out of control very easily with this temperature and the winds from the approaching hurricane.

22 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

^ I heard in the news that around 30 people died because of these fires in Portugal. Sorry to hear that. Even if it's accidentaly man-made, after it's unleashed, nature can be ruthless.

True. Horrible stuff.

At least, it actually started raining in Lisbon finally! So strange seeing rain! Since March!! WOAH! I never thought I would miss rain, but PT really needs it right now.

28 minutes ago, frenchkiki said:

why is @Enrico_sw is gigging so many old & boring thread? :/

^ I guess it reminds him of someone he knew a long time ago. We would play games like word association, and play music for hours or even days. So, when I'm bored or feeling empty, I like to play these games, associate words or make links with music, I guess there's a kind of nostalgia in it.

I hope it doesn't bother you (it's not the purpose ;)). In any case, you're welcome to dig boring topics with me :smile: We can even make a contest of who's gonna find the most boring one! As you said to me once, boredom is a blessing (and you were right  :rofl:)

18 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

^ I guess it reminds him of someone he knew a long time ago. We would play games like word association, and play music for hours or even days. So, when I'm bored or feeling empty, I like to play these games, associate words or make links with music, I guess there's a kind of nostalgia in it.

I hope it doesn't bother you (it's not the purpose ;)). In any case, you're welcome to dig boring topics with me :smile: We can even make a contest of who's gonna find the most boring one! As you said to me once, boredom is a blessing (and you were right  :rofl:)

I was kidding :tf:

4 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Kiki's passion has to be re-ignited...

We must discover a way!

my only passion right now is my bed.

I'd like to be able to hibernate like a bear.