Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

7 minutes ago, jj3 said:

OMG ... What you're saying is just revolting ! 

This is why I can't continue this conversation.  You do realize that there are women that get flattered and ego boosts from male attention?   It makes them feel more passionate for life, more alive.  I guess you don't....

2 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

This is why I can't continue this conversation.  You do realize that there are women that get flattered and ego boosts from male attention?  I guess not....

This is a very different statement from "Every woman wants to be approached on the street and on public transport and those who don't should make sure they ugly themselves up to be left alone!".

So that is a huge straw-man on your part.

1 minute ago, Cult Icon said:

This is why I can't continue this conversation.  You do realize that there are women that get flattered and ego boosts from male attention?  I guess not....

And you do that in insulting them, sexually assault them ? You find normal that sexually unsatisfied creepy dudes harass and violent women and girls underage without any defense in the public square while they go to work or school ???? Or in any other part of the society, like at work or at home ? 

I get both sides. I think Cult Icon just doesn't want to face the fact that this cold approach can turn into harassment if the man doesn't realize that the woman is not open to his approach. And ppl's standards are different based on their experiences like others said before. 

It's true that if you find the other person attractive then probably you'll be more open, but honestly, in today's crazy world very few people likes to talk to strangers. 

13 minutes ago, Lyla said:

It's true that if you find the other person attractive then probably you'll be more open, but honestly, in today's crazy world very few people likes to talk to strangers. 

A very large and prominent part of the people who start a personal relationship, meet in a some precise circles (family, work, party, cultural events, friend of friends, school, internet ...), not in the street. I NEVER heard people getting into a serious relationship started in the streets ... 

In the street, going from a point A to a point B, i like to think you're like in a bubble. NO ONE have to broke that bubble. Excepted for some precise emergencies. OR, they can but with some precise codes, and politesse. Then, definitely not what we're talking about here. 

1 hour ago, Lyla said:

I get both sides. I think Cult Icon just doesn't want to face the fact that this cold approach can turn into harassment if the man doesn't realize that the woman is not open to his approach. And ppl's standards are different based on their experiences like others said before. 

I considered everything.  I know a lot more about this than I'm posting. There's so much that I find objectionable from the male posters here that I can't continue.  

The sites I mentioned were cold approach zones in NYC.  I think that men are not approaching enough because they are filling their heads with negative self talk, such as those in the past couple pages (about how the social democratic god in the sky would judge them or women).  It's cowardly.  I would like to live in a world where women approached men more, too but we are not there yet.   I don't approach enough either and miss opportunities for connection.

I am going to take only the positives things in this "conversation" : I am so happy 99% of the men involved in it are clearly understand the differences between cold approach and street harassment.  I am also glad my experiences are not turned into "maybe it was you fault/Maybe you enjoy the attention this is the reason why you are wearing this kind of clothes"?

Thank you guys :hug:(and Lyla :hug:)

There's always going to be friction between the sexes  because male and females are not attracted to each other in the same way.   Obviously I don't need to say that women value a man's personality and character?

The male is already interested in the female because of her looks, but the female is usually undecided or not interested.  Then he haggles (similar to a cold-caller working off a list of sales leads) and communicates his personality to her in a few minutes.    Guys who know what they are doing  vibe very well with her and become friendly very quick.  Sometimes she'll give her number, and sometimes she won't.  If things don't go well he leaves.

Those guys that are hanging around a woman too long are like a pushy salesman- they don't know that she's already out.

Some extremely handsome men (who are naturally good with women and have charisma) can get numbers easily compared to the rest of mankind.  A friend of mine moved to Manhattan and was already with a couple of women within 2 weeks.

Tinder is a bit like cold approach but it is extremely biased towards short term casual engagements and the person's looks.

You are testing me so much in the discussion Christine!:rofl:

There are sick men and bastards in the streets. It's revolting. And these guys are even more stupid in groups. All the videos/experience shared here show how it's terrible. Stalking is never acceptable. The first protection against these guys should be people that are witnessing. Helping each other should be the first rule of a society.

Also, I find it key to remind that seduction is not stalking. Approaching women with tact and respect is not a bad behaviour. Respecting someone is reading their signals. The first glance often speaks for itself. And then there are words. Words are clear: no means no.

I don't like politician measures which seem to put all men in the same basket (if politicians really want to make "asking for a phone number" illegal, then they just lost it...)