Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

I think you and a few others are just being "politically correct" (pro female) for the sake of it and projecting without life experience.  In cities with a lot of foot traffic, women will get approached.

It's quite stupid to limit one's social interactions/options with women with social circle, bars and clubs, dating sites, and other $$$$$ and time taking middlemen.  Being approached by men is what being a member of the female gender is about. 

17 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

:rofl: 

Aren't the French supposed to be the romantic ones???:rofl:

Man, i defintely don't see what is funny. The fact, you're defending that, or trolling that topic is already suspect to me.

I prefer to think you don't understand of what we're talking about. To pretend it's not existing in the US is a lie. Or you're never walking down the street, or never use the public transports. 

But yeah, hearing what your president is telling about women, i understand such statement. 

Spoiler

Frequently, i see and live street harassment. And everybody take that like normal. In some case no, but rarely.

What mean street harassment. For me it's linked with a certain subculture. I even wonder how we can use the word culture for that. 

@Cult Icon, comparing that fact with romantism, is such an insult did to the women condition. Because, like @frenchkiki said, through her own experience, when you are 10, 11, 12, 13, more or less, that's not romantism, that's not "street harassment", that's pedophilia. 

Like @jkjk said, for long time that subject stayed ignored by the authorities, because the feminists never signaled that. Why ? because it's breaking the PC. 

An external factor, that some call "culture" brought their barbarism, in the public square. 

Street harassment is a volence. One of the most vicious violence made to women nowadays. A woman, or a girl, can't go to the police station everytime it's happening, simply because it's happening way too often. People get used to it, and take that as a new normal. Which is not, and should never become something normal in our civilization, nonetheless in any other civilization.

But facing that problem ask to face so many other issues from our society, and breaking the current PC. That's why, IMO, some people continue to find that funny, find that normal, or degny it, simply. 

7 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I think you and a few others are just being "politically correct" (pro female) for the sake of it and projecting without life experience.  In cities with a lot of foot traffic, women will get approached.

It's quite stupid to limit one's social interactions/options with women with social circle, bars and clubs, dating sites, and other $$$$$ and time taking middlemen.  Being approached by men is what being a member of the female gender is about. 

"politically correct" (pro female) ... No, it's being pro-respect. Pro human. Insulting a woman in street because she doesn't want to talk with you, or even look at you is being PC ? 

I understand now why you messaged me once about two french women you met at work, and talked about them like if they were some exotic animals. 

^ some terrible posts from you JJ3, filled with exaggerations and distortions (and a complete focus on the negatives).  

Yes, PC because you guys are making stuff up in your head.  You must be reading into the agitation bait press too much.  

Very funny to hear of your fabrications about NYC- I've ridden the subways and trains thousands of times.  

46 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

It's not about being politically correct. It might be a cultural difference, perhaps this is more of a thing in NYC. Over here I'm pretty sure you would be met with bewilderment and hostility nine times out of ten if you chatted up women on their way to and from work.

I don't have so many bad experiences in this topic. When a man look at me with desire that's okay, but crossing that line with some nasty words can be offensive, I can imagine someone get scared or feel bad about that,most of the time I only become disgusted by them. 

Not so long ago though I had a very bad experience. I was just walking by a wide street, with like 4 lanes, and the other side there were 3 teenage boys who were shouting and fighting about something. They were very loud, I even heard them despite the traffic, so I looked at them. They noticed it.  and started to walk in the same direction as me only on the other side of the street for like 5 minutes. They started to shout something to me, and I just simply ignored them, didn't look at them again just kept walking,wasn't even walking faster. After some point when they realized that this doesn't work, I mean shouting things, they threw some little stone over me. But luckily the street was wide enough. At this point I became scared, because I couldn't imagine what else these lowbred white trash children can do to me (I think they were under 14) if I reach the park where I was heading to, when they do this on a quite crowded neighborhood with people walking on both sides. So I called my boyfriend because I was really scared, of course he didn't pick up, but luckily after some time they disappeared. 

I felt myself in danger during that few minutes. You can say it's a different situation, but as I see it it's kinda the same. They were aggressive verbally and physically and it had some sexual content too. 

Also, why I came here: I hate driving. It's just not my thing. I can't wait for self driving cars to become an every day thing. 

8 hours ago, Lyla said:

I don't have so many bad experiences in this topic. When a man look at me with desire that's okay, but crossing that line with some nasty words can be offensive, I can imagine someone get scared or feel bad about that,most of the time I only become disgusted by them. 

I felt myself in danger during that few minutes. You can say it's a different situation, but as I see it it's kinda the same. They were aggressive verbally and physically and it had some sexual content too. 

Also, why I came here: I hate driving. It's just not my thing. I can't wait for self driving cars to become an every day thing. 

^^Your brain stem has survival instincts (which men have far less off) that produce such strong emotions.   The evolutionary psychologists say that women evolved these behavior patterns to survive in the hunter-gather world.  Creepy this, creepy that.  Time to hide in the bushes.  Even grown men have a very hard time relating to this.  Some of the emotions are several times stronger than what is felt in a man.  It is only through knowledge and experience can a guy really understand.  

The irony is that a man can be considered to be 'creepy'/too mysterious/not sex-worthy by a woman's brain stem but it can be over-rided by the man's positive traits (handsomeness, humor, status indicators). I also learned that boys that come out of the womb are destined to be narcissistic killers/rapists if they manage to survive to adulthood in cave-man days.  

I feel angry at myself today- I came into a building completely in my own head.  I saw a beautiful woman at the counter.  Made the transaction.  I watched her for any signals and admired her figure.  I went up to get the package.  Came down without much noise and noticed that she was gazing at me as I was leaving (while serving other clients).  I think she sensed that I found her beautiful.  

I left the building, kind of angry that I didn't strike up a conversation.  I vow to myself: Next time I go there, I take a few minutes to clear my head and put myself in a conversational and social state.

Everything I read from you on that topic @Cult Icon give the creeps.

Do u really think we are talking about guys asking for a phone number and nicely give up after the first "no"?

Do u really think we are talking about pet talk like "you are a lovely lady" that can lead to a first date (This is how it happened for me with my first boy friend)

I am PC because a guy stroke is cock on my butt -in the street- when I was a kid & all the kid make fun OF ME at school after that? (Thank you to my teacher who beat the shit out of the guy)

I am PC because I was attacked by a guy in the subway who thought that would be funny to torn up my blouse to expose my breasts? The first question the police asked was "why don't you wear a bra"? :blink:

I am PC because I was called a "whore/slut/bitch/" too many time because... Well, I guess for being a woman? I guess they thought  "It's the price you pay for being an attractive slut"

So yes i am projecting my life experience because ALL the women I know where at least once in their life verbally and/or physically harassed. And not always for being "pretty"

I had my share of "ugly fat ass bitch" or "disgusting cow" (because big breast). It's always amazing how men think they can give their opinion about the way a woman look.

We are talking about harassment Andy. Not wolf-whistling as that stupid article mentioned. 

Wear a bitch face, put on earphones, and stare at your smartphone

Of course women are supposed to not be "seductive" to not be in trouble. if u don't want to be annoyed wear ugly clothes and look ugly. Or else, it's your fault woman. OK I get the point.

And what the fuck is "pro female" means?!

https://media.giphy.com/media/XlrYCfjaURA2s/200.gif

9 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Being raped too?

It's the price you pay for being attractive

Being raped too?

because it sounds like that's also what you think.

@frenchkiki

I dated a very good looking woman that never rode the sub-ways because of her fears. (she always took taxis and ubers)  You have my sympathies Christine and I am very sorry to hear that these things happened to you.  :flower: So an affirmative no to your accusations and those of the others:flower: :flower:but I was talking about the positive aspects of cold approach, not bad incidents.  I believe that it is an essential part of being a man.  We have male posters who are shy  about meeting women in public.

As far as cold approach goes, in NYC the public transportation system, Central Park, Union Square Park (very heavy foot traffic, full of models and college students) and Washington Square Park (filled with NYU students) created a lot of romances, friendships, and even scenes in films.

PS. what if you get cold approached and wedding timed'??

You also underestimate the anxiety it might cause with women who have had bad experiences (which will probably be the majority of women).

They don't have a crystal ball, so they cannot know if the guy who approaches them is reasonable enough to leave them alone if they reject his advances or if he will go violent or aggressive on them.

6 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

You also underestimate the anxiety it might cause with women who have had bad experiences (which will probably be the majority of women).

They don't have a crystal ball, so they cannot know if the guy who approaches them is reasonable enough to leave them alone if they reject his advances or if he will go violent or aggressive on them.

You are just making things up again with no experience for the sake of the PC Gods.  Basically you are taking some agitation bait and youtube videos and magnifying them, thus distorting reality. The areas I just stated in NYC are some of the social nodes.  You just stated that you don't cold approach and are anti-social outside of rigid boundaries.  In fact I think most of your statements are typical negative shy male self-talk, made up on the spot.  Apparently small talk in the transportation system is a bad experience :rofl:

Apparently a woman's rejection feelings is everything in the world, worth more than your life. Men shouldn't approach women and sweep them off their feet. Annoying a woman for 30 secs to a few minutes because she was the wrong person and the approach went wrong?  That's life. No pain, no gain (an eventual win win for the receptive one).  Do you know that you can reverse things too (from an antisocial negative attitude to a positive one)?

^ Come on Cult, you can't be that completely oblivious to what KiKi and others are trying to hammer into u here. I understand to some extent what you're trying to analyze here but you speak with both eyes closed shut on the topic! You are starting to basically say women are at fault for having their giving anatomical state and they should just get use to unrelenting harrasiment because of geographical location? :ninja: Women have had it hard in western culture over the past decades and I hope u know full well why even though I'm not betting money on it. And some of that culture is still prevelant all over society today on women! I would just lay off the topic for the sake of your willful ignorance on it! No study will EVER teach u what it's like to actually go thru what KiKi and Layla and many other women have been thru!

^^

You are being PC (take only the biased and intentionally negative female perspective, with them as victims)  like the rest of them.  Have you considered the opposite side, where women enjoy all the attention?  Some women are shy, others are attention seeking.

The ignorant ones are some of the people that I am addressing.   I know full well the 'negatives'.   I don't need to be reminded of it .

They are ignoring that it is a fundamental duty for men to approach women for friendship and that it's a normal state of life.  I don't think I want to post much about this topic to people who don't understand anymore.

44 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

You are just making things up again with no experience for the sake of the PC Gods.  Basically you are taking some agitation bait and youtube videos and magnifying them, thus distorting reality. The areas I just stated in NYC are some of the social nodes.  You just stated that you don't cold approach and are anti-social outside of rigid boundaries.  In fact I think most of your statements are typical negative shy male self-talk, made up on the spot.  Apparently small talk in the transportation system is a bad experience :rofl:

Apparently a woman's rejection feelings is everything in the world, worth more than your life. Men shouldn't approach women and sweep them off their feet. Annoying a woman for 30 secs to a few minutes because she was the wrong person and the approach went wrong?  That's life. No pain, no gain (an eventual win win for the receptive one).  Do you know that you can reverse things too (from an antisocial negative attitude to a positive one)?

No, what is happening is that you are taking your own experience and your personal point of view and applying it to everyone else, then accusing the people who claim their personal experience does not conform to your opinion of being too PC. :rolleyes: It's an immature way to avoid discussing anything in a substantial matter.

^^

Such junk.  This conversation is over.  

PC=  take only the biased and intentionally negative female perspective, with them as victims.   This is the standard way we are socially conditioned.

And with zero life experience at that, just armchair theorizing.

2 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

^^

This conversation is over.  

PC=  take only the biased and intentionally negative female perspective, with them as victims

And with zero life experience at that, just armchair theorizing.

You are not the sole arbiter of whether or not a discussion is over. You are of course free to no longer participate in it. :smile:

3 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

You are not the sole arbiter of whether or not a discussion is over. You are of course free to no longer participate in it. :smile:

I know, it was over when you tossed all my points and life experience into the garbage bin. :rofl: It's like talking to a wall.

23 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

You are being PC (take only the biased and intentionally negative female perspective, with them as victims)  like the rest of them.  Have you considered the opposite side, where women enjoy all the attention?  Some women are shy, others are attention seeking.

OMG ... What you're saying is just revolting !