Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

11 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

Are the idiots in charge actually going to bring us into another damn war? :war:

Well, if they are idiots, it would seem possible.

I remember watching an extensive, nuanced explanation of the complicated relationship between the United States, China, and North Korea. There is no way I can remember it all since it's been a few months, but many of the things the guy said would be a bad idea are exactly what is happening now.

International diplomacy is a complicated and nuanced endeavor, and there seems to be little to no nuance right now as far as I can tell.

15 hours ago, jkjk said:

Well, if they are idiots, it would seem possible.

I remember watching an extensive, nuanced explanation of the complicated relationship between the United States, China, and North Korea. There is no way I can remember it all since it's been a few months, but many of the things the guy said would be a bad idea are exactly what is happening now.

International diplomacy is a complicated and nuanced endeavor, and there seems to be little to no nuance right now as far as I can tell.

It will not be the first time that " a bad idea " blow a fuse ....

On 8/9/2017 at 9:04 PM, jkjk said:

Totally agree. 

Growing up in the middle of the Cold War (yes, I'm that old) not once did I ever worry about waking up to bombs, even though we still practiced duck and cover drills in elementary school. 

In the (many) decades since, I've had that thought twice. Once when a lightning bolt hit just outside my bedroom window that did sound like a bomb went off; and once now, this week.

In another thought, HI @Kevork89! Great to see you again. :heythere: 

@Cult Icon - Not sure if you're already watching this or not (there are two seasons atm), but for some reason I thought you might like the show. I'm on episode 2 of season 1 and it's a little slow, but kinda interesting.

Safe Torrent site if you're interested in watching it: https://eztv.ag/search/the-man-in-the-high-castle

3 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

@Cult Icon - Not sure if you're already watching this or not (there are two seasons atm), but for some reason I thought you might like the show. I'm on episode 2 of season 1 and it's a little slow, but kinda interesting.

Safe Torrent site if you're interested in watching it: https://eztv.ag/search/the-man-in-the-high-castle

Oh Thanks!  I heard of this show before but have not watched it yet.  

There is also a game called "Wolfenstein: The New Order" that explores the same topic.

13 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

It's from one of the best books I've read in the past couple of years!

There was supposed to be a sequel, but he never did it (they published a couple of draft pages from this sequel project; I've read them, and you can see it's a draft. I'm not sure it was a good idea to publish them).

This Canadian kid is the most exciting newcomer in Tennis since Rafael Nadal :o

https://www.atpworldtour.com/en/players/denis-shapovalov/su55/overview

Definitely a future  slam winner and world no 1 IMO

Excellent court coverage, offensive groundstrokes from both wings, and above all, his return game off the backhand side. Just a solid  all-round game in general! Something of a rarity in tennis these days!:o

John Oliver had a good explanation of the situation with North Korea. It's far too complicated for the soundbites which it's normally reduced to, but John did a good job of summarizing multiple aspects of the situation in a relatively short amount of time.

More importantly, Weird Al.    :thumbsup:

751217Sanstitre2.jpg

Alessandra looks like a prettyish boy with a wig and Jo looks like an ugly man with a wig

You have to start to question your looks when a transexual model

is looking more feminine & beautiful without make up

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/p320x320/11875306_1622159168044368_968600417_n.jpg