Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

2 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

^^More from what I see and hear from her. What she delivers as a so call "African American" woman.

And I don't think a culture belongs to a particular ethnic group.

When you create something -music, literature, painting, dance, etc- it's something you offer to the world and everybody.

"cultural appropriation" is bullshit.

I think it is often the mockery, especially of something sacred to a culture, that upsets people. There is a fine line between mockery and inclusion & embracing of cultures that people often miss b/c they don't fully understand the situation. Not necessarily their fault. Certain things are often not clearly explained  and defined so many people are confused what exactly they did "wrong." That was the most basic response to a more complex and deeper topic :p 

1 minute ago, Limerlight said:

Post VSFS & post SI are very underwhelming.

Si rumours and Vs rumours are all here, plus the normal bickering etc..

I don't visit those two threads regularly, maybe that was a good call.  :smile:

Mainly I was trying to be funny, but it wasn't particularly funny.  :thumbs_down:

2 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Being alone at home today + nothing to do + Sara's birthday = Spamming Sara's topic with every post from Sara's friend wishing her a happy birthday

Step 1. Download Skype

Step 2. Add Limer

Step 3. ????

Step 4. To be determined :wave: 

17 minutes ago, jkjk said:

I don't visit those two threads regularly, maybe that was a good call.  :smile:

Mainly I was trying to be funny, but it wasn't particularly funny.  :thumbs_down:

Nah, after you've been here as long as some of us (I was 8 years as of June) a lot doesn't change just some of the members, that's all. Your comment(s) still hold their ground though, some such as @PinkCouture are almost or are 11 year members now.

1 hour ago, PinkCouture said:

I think it is often the mockery, especially of something sacred to a culture, that upsets people. There is a fine line between mockery and inclusion & embracing of cultures that people often miss b/c they don't fully understand the situation. Not necessarily their fault. Certain things are often not clearly explained  and defined so many people are confused what exactly they did "wrong." That was the most basic response to a more complex and deeper topic :p 

yes I understand that. And all the rest for that matter.

Unfortunately people that are crying like babies over "cultural appropriation" are not as intelligent & wise then you.

2 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Because I am too tired to go into an explanation ATM, and it is one of those things you either get it (or want to get it) or you don't. I am not here to educate anyone. If someone wants to fully understand the topic there are tons of resources out here. I am also not sure is this one of those topics in which our point of views would be easily changed b/c our social experiences are very different. I could imagine it getting ugly b/c of misunderstandings. However if you are genuinely interested in having an open discussion and understanding why said what I said, perhaps we could do it via PM :flower: 

yes, you can PM me. Even if my "why" wasn't for you to educate me but to know your thoughts.

ps: don't be mad at me if I take 4ever to answer :dontgetit: