Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

15 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

The documentary shows a great deal of how almost everything we eat is bad for us and increases our chances of getting diseases. That's I'm anxious and careful right now about what I eat

I wonder if it was a political advocacy film.  I am a little interested in watching it.   The wiki says that it was a wind-up movie

The original one in the USA was "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair (about the meatpacking business).   A decade ago, there was the movie "Fast Food Nation" and "Supersize Me" that attacked fast food.  I saw Supersize Me in the theaters.  While I felt that it was bringing up points (of course processed food and high fat food is bad) there were some exaggerations, like the director going on a McDonald's diet for one month. Obviously no body eats fast food for every meal!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_Health

"The documentary was highly criticized by medical doctors,[1][2] nutritionist experts,[3] and journalists[4] for confusing causation with correlation, cherry-picking science studies, using biased sources, distorting study findings and using "weak-to-non-existent data". Some reviewers even go further by using the term "Alternative Facts"[5] or even propaganda.[6"

25 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

The documentary shows a great deal of how almost everything we eat is bad for us and increases our chances of getting diseases. That's I'm anxious and careful right now about what I eat

I don't need a documentary telling how fucked up the America's food industry has become and how the greedy the USFDA has been the past 30 years.

Bottom line is that meat and dairy products (other than milk) are fine..... you just can't being doing scientific experiments to food period. :no:

5 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

:/:/:/

I use to listen to him so much during my high school and college days. Plus, they were literally founded in a town just a few miles from here. What a sad tragedy for the family and fans :cry:

So sad indeed... I was never a fan of Linkin Park actually but I liked a couple of songs. And Chester was a great singer!! I loved what he did with Stone Temple Pilots

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

So sad indeed... I was never a fan of Linkin Park actually but I liked a couple of songs. And Chester was a great singer!! I loved what he did with Stone Temple Pilots

Yeah, I remember you saying in one of our convos you are not a Linkin Park fan :p