Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

8 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

imho he had too many gaps in workign

This is not my opinion, but what I have read and heard over the years from people who would know better than me. It is assumed that because he goes so intensely into his roles that he needs the break to recover.

Also, he never felt like he had to work, so he could wait for something he thought would be worth doing.

2 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

IIRC, I don't think that Day-Lewis liked being an actor all that much.  He likes working on crafts better, and that is why he left acting for years before TWBB.

Yeah, that too. Scorsese had to hunt him down and talk him into doing Gangs of New York. He was working as a cobbler when someone working for Scorsese tracked him down.

1 minute ago, Michael* said:

I bet any money that Daniel Day Lewis is playing a retiree in his next film and that this is him method acting.

That would be funny.

It looks like his next/last movie will be the Paul Thomas Anderson film Phantom Thread, due out later this year.

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Yeah... no. That doesn't happen.

Most times I have crudos I have them with beer and I'm perfectly fine. If the meat you are used to is unsafe to consume unless completely cooked that's a different story. Meat here is perfectly safe.

That stuff will make you shit your pants and adding beer will expedite the process. :chicken::rofl:

2 hours ago, jkjk said:

This is not my opinion, but what I have read and heard over the years from people who would know better than me. It is assumed that because he goes so intensely into his roles that he needs the break to recover.

Also, he never felt like he had to work, so he could wait for something he thought would be worth doing.

I think that's hype about "method acting" .  

Lucasfilm hired a directing pair, Lord and Miller, to direct the upcoming Han Solo movie. Lord and Miller are known for their comedic style of directing.

After allowing them to direct the movie for a few months this year, Lucasfilm decided to parts ways with the pair in the middle of the filming because they did not like their comedic style of directing.  :idk:

Maybe I should have posted this in the laugh thread, because it's very funny to me.  :nicole: