Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

8 hours ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

Nationalism - yes, it's a rebound, caused by the unceasing abuses, encroachments and expansion of the supranational, globalist, neoliberal, bureaucratic EU and its control. This, and immigration caused the brexit.

People are against the US-EU trade agreement, but the globalist-neoliberal EU commission & multi companies are pushing it. The 2008 economic crisis came from the US into the EU, so the people experienced the dark side of neoliberal globalism. The southern EU countries are still in economic crisis, unemployment rates are high, Greece is in utter bankruptcy for years.

Sad but true, the US influence means instigating the EU and Russia against each other. The US forces the Russia-restrictions onto the EU, which hurts our economy badly. The strategic interest of the US is to impede the cooperation between the EU and Russia. The US does not want the EU (German) economy and Russian resources to cooperate. 

My Russian friends have told me and showed me that the Russian media is also adversarial to the US/EU.  They also consider most of the media coverage of Russia from the UK/US to be ludicrously incompetent with a strong negative bias.

What I don't understand is the interest in fighting terrorism by right wing europeans.   They do not have the means to do so.  The USA has been struggling in the middle east for a long time, unable to mobilize much more than 8 divisions in Iraq, and had spent trillions in defeat, which is not a good precedent.

How could the US have succeeded when there was NO terrorist network in Iraq that could have (maybe? :idk:) vindicted the invasion? I'm amazed how the far-right STILL buy all that Bush-era BS, with their current 'anti-establishment posturing'  and all  :/

In the Clinton years the media was obsessed with Saddam since the successful hit and run action (Desert Storm) and public perception of the US military was very high.  Terrorism coverage focused on the situation in Israel but the dictator in Iraq was the main focus.  The taint of Vietnam faded and the media often promoted the military and its weapons.  This positive feeling was reinforced by confirmation by public intellectuals who liked to war monger.

There was always going to be a war eventually, with the rationale tackled on after the decision.

:dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse::dead_horse:

This thread right now

-----------------------------------

Main note: Happy Birthday to my Father who turns 57 this year, the man I most admire and look up to in my life, hopefully retirement will be this year for him and I couldn't be happier :chicken: 

33 minutes ago, elfstone said:

That is an impossible stat! What the fuck do those 450 people fall out on? :o

A crocodile

A skinny model

A shovel

A knife

On the floor

Off the window

In China

Or Mexico

They can fall out on

A shoe

In hell

On a really pissed pit bull (the dog not the "singer")

On a republican.

You name it!!

1 hour ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Why am I being quoted on something I did not say? :idk:

I selected part of @Michael*'s comment but from within your quotation of that comment. Inadvertantly, I might add. Oddly enough Bz didnt attribute it to the rightful author. It was never my intention to quote you in this case. Hope that makes sense to you. It took me a while to figure it out

Fuck I can't even escape talk about the Donald even on HBO. :rofl:

I was watching a movie and after the movie I decided to make my marinade for the chicken breasts I just bought. I left the TV on and a show called VICE News came on. :banghead: I was stuck listening to that crap for about 15 minutes. :rofl:

:hang: