Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

10 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Did any of you see what happened to the Fyre Festival? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes. I’m glad Elsa Hosk got caught in the shit show but it doesn’t seem like she gave a fuck about the whole mess at first. She posted “Finally made it to the Bahamas!! ? #swimteam2018” then deleted it and re-posted the same picture with a different caption:

9 hours ago, Sanni said:

Yes. I’m glad Elsa Hosk got caught in the shit show but it doesn’t seem like she gave a fuck about the whole mess at first. She posted “Finally made it to the Bahamas!! ? #swimteam2018” then deleted it and re-posted the same picture with a different caption:

A lot of other models got caught in the Fyre Festival shit show. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just now, Stromboli1 said:

@Limerlight

The top 3 for the draft lotto last night was/is gross. :chicken:

Colorado got shafted and I don't like the Avs.

The Metro just got scarier.

Since i got all my chores done before I leave for 3 weeks :ermm: 

Yes I watched, I hate the avs so I love it. The canucks lost again which really is that any surprise? I know a lot of people including friends are really unhappy but what did you expect? It's a gamble, the only way to fix it is do what the NFL does and if you're last you get #1, certain years such as the Mcdavid draft year would've been a lot less exciting but it could be the only decent way. Though, I am a fan of the draft lottery totally.

5 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

A lot of other models got caught in the Fyre Festival shit show. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haha, yes! I get the feeling that Rose Bertram was an innocent one though. I think she was probably too naïve to get the shadiness of it all but I bet most knew considering which locations they shot at etc.

1 minute ago, Limerlight said:

Since i got all my chores done before I leave for 3 weeks :ermm: 

Yes I watched, I hate the avs so I love it. The canucks lost again which really is that any surprise? I know a lot of people including friends are really unhappy but what did you expect? It's a gamble, the only way to fix it is do what the NFL does and if you're last you get #1, certain years such as the Mcdavid draft year would've been a lot less exciting but it could be the only decent way. Though, I am a fan of the draft lottery totally.

I think the draft lotto should be tiered.

Tier #1: picks 1-5 should be interchangeable with the worst 5 teams.

Tier #2: picks 6-10 should be interchangeable with the next worst 5 teams.

Tier #3: picks 11-14 should be interchangeable with the next worst 4 teams.

5 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Haha, yes! I get the feeling that Rose Bertram was an innocent one though. I think she was probably too naïve to get the shadiness of it all but I bet most knew considering which locations they shot at etc.

I'd be ashamed if I promoted it and that stuff happened if I were them. :chicken:

They all took money to advertise it though.

11 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

I'd be ashamed if I promoted it and that stuff happened if I were them. :chicken:

They all took money to advertise it though.

Oh, it was downright unethical. Trying very hard to make it seem like it was some super amazing photoshoot or a vacation with the girls before later revealing the festival thing, not disclosing the whole thing as an ad etc.

Barack Obama Is Using His Presidency to Cash In, But Harry Truman and Jimmy Carter Refused

Defenders of Barack Obama’s decision to do things like accept a $400,000 check for a speech to a Wall Street brokerage house argue that the former president might as well cash in — everyone else does.

That was Daily Show host Trevor Noah’s defense of Obama. “People are like why doesn’t he not accept the money? No, f*** that,” Noah said. “So the first black president must also be the first one to not take money afterwards? No no no my friend. He can’t be the first of everything! F*** that, and f*** you. Make that money, Obama!”

This argument, while common, is based on historical ignorance. It assumes that presidents have always found a way to leverage their political connections post-presidency to make money from interest groups and wealthy political actors.

But that isn’t the case.

It used to be the norm for presidents to retire to ordinary life after their stint in the White House — just ask Harry Truman.

When the Democratic president was getting ready to leave the White House in 1953, he was approached by many employers. The Los Angeles Times noted that if he was “unemployed after he leaves the White House it won’t be for lack of job offers … but [he] has accepted none of them.”

One of those job offers was from a Florida real estate developer, asking him to become a “chairman, officer, or stockholder, at a figure of not less than $100,000” — the sort of position that is commonplace today for ex-politicians. Presumably, had Truman taken the position, it would have been a good deal for both parties: the president’s prestige and connections would also enrich the company.

Truman declined. “I could never lend myself to any transaction, however respectable, that would commercialize on the prestige and dignity of the office of the presidency,” he wrote of his refusal to influence-peddle.

Although he had access to a small pension from his military service, Truman had little financial support after leaving office. He moved back into his family home in Independence, Mo., and insisted on being treated like anyone else. He would tell people not to call him “Mr. President,” and settled on a fairly ordinary routine once he was back in Independence. He would take a morning walk through the town square. He kept an office nearby where he would answer mail from Americans. He chose to engage with just about anyone who walked into his office — not only people who wrote him big checks, or invited him onto their private yachts and private islands.

“Many people,” he once said, “feel that a president or an ex-president is partly theirs — they are right to some extent — and that they have a right to call upon him.” Indeed, his office number was even listed in a nearby telephone directory.

Uh oh! :o

Protesters throw Pepsi cans at police during May Day demonstrations

Medic hit and demonstration shut down as Portland protesters mock theme of Kendall Jenner advertisement where she handed drink to police officer