Bellazon

Numerology and you

schadenfreude

Psychiatrists are better than cards. Psychiatrists dish out drugs :laugh: :p

Actually, I find it hard to equate psychology with tarot cards. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Psyhciatrists are a waste of money. They don't solve your problems. They are paid to listen to problems, not solve problems. The drugs they prescribe are usually placeboes. You solve your own problems. Tarrot cards "listen" to you, in that way, they are similar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually, psychiatrists arent allowed to prescribe placebos. the only time thats done is in experiments, to compare the drug to a placebo. needless to say, some drugs dont work better than a sugar pill (placebo). but once again, psychiatrists are NOT allowed to prescribe a sugar pill to the general masses

i'm not even going to address the waste of money argument b/c i am in NO mood to go there with u

Edited by OriginalSin

Psychiatrists probably can't solve your problem, especially if you don't have one. Many people expect psychiatrists and psychologists to read your mind and know everything about you. If only I got a dollar for every time people asked me if I knew what they were thinking.

Most of the time they deal with patients with disorders. Not many sit down and help you through all your life problems and show you ink blots and tell you to interpret them.

Psychiatrists probably can't solve your problem, especially if you don't have one. Many people expect psychiatrists and psychologists to read your mind and know everything about you. If only I got a dollar for every time people asked me if I knew what they were thinking.

Most of the time they deal with patients with disorders. Not many sit down and help you through all your life problems and show you ink blots and tell you to interpret them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those ink blot tests, they work like tarrot cards?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Psyhciatrists are a waste of money. They don't solve your problems. They are paid to listen to problems, not solve problems. The drugs they prescribe are usually placeboes. You solve your own problems. Tarrot cards "listen" to you, in that way, they are similar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually, psychiatrists arent allowed to prescribe placebos. the only time thats done is in experiments, to compare the drug to a placebo. needless to say, some drugs dont work better than a sugar pill (placebo). but once again, psychiatrists are NOT allowed to prescribe a sugar pill to the general masses

i'm not even going to address the waste of money argument b/c i am in NO mood to go there with u

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Outside the US, placeboes are common practice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/28/health/2...ner=rssuserland

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those ink blot tests, they work like tarrot cards?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I don't think so. Rorscach Ink Blot Tests and the Thematic Apperception Tests are projective tests used by psychologists of a certain school to "reveal" your unconscious. Basically you're given ambiguous pictures and diagrams, situations etc, where you have to give your own interpretation of what the picture is, or what is happening in the situation given. From your answers they pull out "marvellous" (in scare quotes) insight into your unconscious. Chances are they're neo-Freudians and we all know how much crap Freud came up with. Man this is straining my memory. Shows I didn't learn this stuff too well.

Hell, I don't even know what the point of this post or my previous post was. So I'll just leave it at that and avoid any further embarrasment :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chances are if you're given a placebo, the problem can be solved by your own body or your beliefs and there's no point in taking medicine and harming your body, if all you have to do is ingest a sugar pill.

No, I don't think so. Rorscach Ink Blot Tests and the Thematic Apperception Tests are projective tests used by psychologists of a certain school to "reveal" your unconscious. Basically you're given ambiguous pictures and diagrams, situations etc, where you have to give your own interpretation of what the picture is, or what is happening in the situation given. From your answers they pull out "marvellous" (in scare quotes) insight into your unconscious. Chances are they're neo-Freudians and we all know how much crap Freud came up with. Man this is straining my memory. Shows I didn't learn this stuff too well.

Hell, I don't even know what the point of this post or my previous post was. So I'll just leave it at that and avoid any further embarrasment  :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then, isn't this like tarot?

The cards shows ambiguous pics and you choose how you want to intrepret it.

Go on, no need to get embarassed, I just failed psychology! :laugh:

I'm just going to shrug my shoulders and give up. I swear there's a difference between the projective tests and the tarot cards. There's something bugging me about it. Maybe it's the way I described the process of it. Might have oversimplified it. :/

I might read up on it later...not anytime soon though... :lost:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok well its good to know that its a common practice OUTSIDE the US :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...