Bellazon

Numerology and you

schadenfreude

OMFG! It's so accurate...

You are a natural born winner who is destined to make a lot of money.

ummm, I'm a loser...

You are confident, charismatic and most comfortable in dealing with practical, down-to-earth affairs.

I lack self-esteem, I'm definitely not charismatic and I'm not comfortable indealing with practical issues! I'm a philosopher, how can I be good at dealing with real world stuff?! Now hand me that LSD!!! :laugh:

You are blessed with an extraordinary drive and ambition as well as a fierce competitive spirit that gives you a definite edge in career and business.

Competitvie Spirit. Check. Drive. Check. Wait a minute!!! I have no drive. I'm a lazy mofo!

You take great pride in your physical appearance and often appear very attractive to the opposite sex, which is only a hazard if the romance happens on the job. You have excellent taste in clothes and know how to gain the focus of an entire room of strangers.

How wrong can they get? I don't have any pride in my physical appearance, I dress like a bum and I hate attention.

Besides all that it's pretty accurate <_< :rofl:

http://www.123numerology.com/?hop=witch

I don't believe in any form of astrology whatsoever, but this is scarily accurate. I only say this about  the first part though, the second part totally missed it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tarot gets pretty damn close too. But on another topic, it's said that Numerology is related to Arithmancy in Harry Potter. I'll post a thing about it in the HP thread once I find my sorcerer's book.

http://www.123numerology.com/?hop=witch

I don't believe in any form of astrology whatsoever, but this is scarily accurate. I only say this about  the first part though, the second part totally missed it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tarot gets pretty damn close too. But on another topic, it's said that Numerology is related to Arithmancy in Harry Potter. I'll post a thing about it in the HP thread once I find my sorcerer's book.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tarot works by using your unconscious mind. Much like how Lyra uses the Golden Compass. Numerology has nothing to do with the unconscious mind.

Tarot works by pre-exposing people to a vaguely described situation and relying on people's superstitious tendencies and attribution errors. Any idiot could come up with it. or was that astrology? :blink:

It's all bullsh*t in my books anyway.

:angry:

and avenger, were you talking about the profile that numerology site gave me, or me describing myself?

Tarot works by pre-exposing people to a vaguely described situation and relying on people's superstitious tendencies and attribution errors. Any idiot could come up with it. or was that astrology? :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wrong.

Tarot works this way:

Let's say you have a problem in your life.

You consult the tarot cards for answers.

But, the cards don't give the answer straight to you.

It shows pictures and symbols which can have many, many interpretations.

You choose the interpretation that you think is relevant to you, in doing so, you are asking your unconscious mind to do the problem solving for you.

Astrology on the other hand is total bullshit, as there is no way your unconscious mind will be involved in the problem solving process.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wrong.

Tarot works this way:

Let's say you have a problem in your life.

You consult the tarot cards for answers.

But, the cards don't give the answer straight to you.

It shows pictures and symbols which can have many, many interpretations.

You choose the interpretation that you think is relevant to you, in doing so, you are asking your unconscious mind to do the problem solving for you.

Astrology on the other hand is total bullshit, as there is no way your unconscious mind will be involved in the problem solving process.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That still strikes me as bulls**t though.

Refer to the Barnum Effect

Tarrot doesn't give you answers. You see pictures and you intrepret it yourself, in doing so, you are actually asking yourself to think harder to find the right solution. You give the answer.

It's like you don't know what's bothering you, you don't know what causes the problem, you see a psychiatrist for help. You talk to the psychiatrist, and he listens. Every now and then, he makes one or two remarks that are actually guiding you to talk more about your problems. Then, after one or two consultations, problem solved. The psychiatrist does not help you to solve the problem, you solve your own problem. As you are talking to him, you unconsciously tell him what exactly is bothering you and how you are going to solve the problem. Tarrot cards work this way. It can be replaced by a psychiatrist, a friend or even a stranger who is willing to listen to you.

Barnum effect is used in astrology (and of course, numerology), where you are told several personality traits and you agree with it. Someone has done the readings for you and you just accept it. With tarot, you are doing your own readings.

I see :yes: Well explained.

I'm not into the tarot thing though. I don't see how randomly flipping cards can lead you to solving problems. Anyway, isn't there a chance that you may interpret something completely wrong? Sometimes you tell yourself what you want to know, not what you need to know.

I see :yes: Well explained.

I'm not into the tarot thing though. I don't see how randomly flipping cards can lead you to solving problems. Anyway, isn't there a chance that you may interpret something completely wrong? Sometimes you tell yourself what you want to know, not what you need to know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you don't want to flip cards, just talk to someone that will listen to you. It does the same thing. Of course, there is a chance that you misinterpret, this is similar to psychiatrist misdiagnosing you because you did not tell them accurately what's bothering you.

Psychiatrists are better than cards. Psychiatrists dish out drugs :laugh: :p

Actually, I find it hard to equate psychology with tarot cards. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Psyhciatrists are a waste of money. They don't solve your problems. They are paid to listen to problems, not solve problems. The drugs they prescribe are usually placeboes. You solve your own problems. Tarrot cards "listen" to you, in that way, they are similar.