Bellazon

Chloe Hayward
Thumbnail

Nefertiti

post-19430-0-1446162346-3971_thumb.jpg

She was spotted in the shoe section at Topshop in Kingston at the age of 15.

Height 5,9 1/2 - 176

Bust 34 - 86

Bra D

Waist 25 - 64

Hips 36 - 91

Shoes W 7/40 /8.5

Hair Color blonde

Eyes green

It is her first major contract since she joined London agency Select Model Management - which also discovered model-of-the-moment Agyness Dean - in 2004.

Hayward, who achieved three A grades in her A-levels at Tiffin Girls' grammar school in Kingston this summer, said: "It's amazing to think that two years ago I was a normal schoolgirl shopping in Topshop and now I'm doing an advertising campaign for them.

"It's more funny than scary. It's something to tell my children and grandchildren. I don't think I'll be going into Topshop for some time though, and you certainly won't catch me standing next to any of my posters."

The model was talent-spotted by Sarah Leon, the head of new faces at Select, on a cold November day.

Hayward said: "I had a day off school because there were some exams going on. I was trying to escape the cold so I went into Topshop for a browse.

"I was looking really plain. I had a massive coat on and no make-up but I must have stood out, I suppose.

"A woman came up to me and explained who she was and what she did. I was stunned. She took a photo of me on her mobile phone. When I saw it I told her it was awful and asked her to take another one. Then she gave me her card."

She signed with Select two weeks later, but decided to concentrate on her schoolwork. "I was really excited but I wanted to finish my exams," she said.

Now on a gap year, she is pursuing modelling full-time until she goes to read English and drama at Birmingham University next year.

Hayward, who lives with her mother Susie, an estate agent, father Stephen, a barrister, and younger sister Helen, said: "Obviously I can't go out and party all night any more because I would look bad and it's quite unprofessional to do that.

"I try to eat as healthily as possible but you can't deny yourself little treats - I'm addicted to chocolate and I would be miserable if I didn't have it.

"I'm not big but I'm not skinny and I don't weigh myself. I'm a slender woman but when I'm in a bikini I have more of a shape than most models.

"It has counted against me though. I did 20 castings for catwalk shows at London Fashion Week and didn't get any of them. I was a bit disheartened because I thought things were changing. I want to be part of that change. I want girls to be able to model without starving themselves."

Ms Leon said: "She is beautiful - people stop to look when she walks in a room - but she has a coolness to her and a great personality. She's Julie Christie and Veronica Lake with an edge."

post-19430-1258204616_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1258204702_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1258204714_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1258204724_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1258204733_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1258204787_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1258204795_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1258204805_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...