Bellazon

Hoku Keala
Thumbnail

Leira

Full Name: Nahokuheleiakeahu'olu J. Keala

Birthday: June 22, 1991

Favorite Honey Girl swimsuit style to wear and why:Top-Kanani Reversible Triangle bottom: Heather Reversible because it is the most flattering

Current Status: (job, school, if so where): Senior at Kamehameha Schools, Kapalama Campus (c/o 2009)

Recent accomplishments: 2nd in ILH for kayaking.

Favorite Surf Spot Currently:

Favorite athlete in that sport (paddle, surf, etc)

Where you grew up surfing, or doing your sport: I just started kayaking in 10th grade at Kamehameha Schools.

How you got into the sport: I got into kayaking to keep in shape before paddling season and loved the sport and how challenging it is as an individual sport.

How long been into the sport: I've been kayaking for three years now.

Who were your role models, or are your role models: My role models are my family members because they are supportive and have always helped out those around them to reach their goals. My older sister Pili Keala is one of my biggest role models because she always sets challenging goals for herself and excells in everything that she does, which made me want to do the same.

What you want to do in the future with the sport: I plan to continue to kayak after graduating and possibly enter in races in the surfski division.

What you want to do in the future with your career goals or other aspirations: I plan to go to UH Manoa next year and pursue a degree in dental hygiene.

Where you'd want to go if you could travel anywhere in the world, and what you would do there: I would want to travel to Tahiti or New Zealand because of its similarity to Hawaiian culture. I would want to travel there with my family or friends as a relaxing vacation.

The most memorable surf session, or something you did in the sport: My most memorable moment in kayaking was attending the Junior National Development Camp in Chula Vista and being able to kayak with the top junior kayakers in the nation.

Favorite food and/or restaurant: Spaghetti is probably one of my most favorite foods. My favorite restaraunt is probably Sizzlers.

Other Hobbies? I like to go to the beach and hang around with friends and just enjoy my free time.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...