Bellazon

Rachel McAdams
Thumbnail

cutebeatriz

058.jpg

142.jpg

Bio

Rachel McAdams captured the attention of Hollywood, literally overnight. On her first trip to Los Angeles from her native Toronto, she landed the starring role in a major studio comedy, "The Hot Chick," in which she plays a popular and self-absorbed cheerleader who wakes up one day to find that she has switched bodies with a man in his thirties (Rob Schneider). Prior to her arrival in Los Angeles, the talented young actress starred in "Perfect Pie," for which she was nominated for a Genie Award (Canada's equivalent of an Academy Award ). It is a feature film based on the play by acclaimed Canadian playwright Judith Thompson and directed by Barbara Willis Sweete ("Yo-Yo Ma Inspired by Bach") and is the story of two friends pulled apart by tragedy as teens who, years later, must come to terms with the past. McAdams' other credits include the acclaimed coming-of-age drama "My Name Is Tanino," directed by award-winning filmmaker Paolo Virzi and produced by Cecchi Gore Groupe Internationale. The film premiered at the Venice Film Festival in 2002.

McAdams was raised in a small town near London, Ontario. At the age of four, she took up figure skating and skated competitively throughout high school. She always knew she wanted to be an actress, and when a summer theater camp finally opened nearby, she was performing in productions of Shakespeare at the age of 13. McAdams went on to York University, appearing in numerous student films and stage productions, where she graduated with honors with a B.F.A. degree in theater, which remains her first love. She landed her first professional on-screen role as a girl with bulimia in the Disney series "The Famous Jett Jackson," and followed with a pilot for MTV. Rachel's big break came when she got the role of 'Regina George' in the smash hit movie "Mean Girls", starring opposite of Lindsay Lohan. Nearly two months after the release of "Mean Girls" Rachel's new film "The Notebook" came out in theatres. "The Notebook" shows Rachel's excellent acting skills, DVD is set to be released February 8th. In April Rachel's new movie "The Wedding Crashers" will open in theatres, a movie in which she stars opposite of Owen Wilson & Vince Vaughn. Rachel is soon to start filming "Red Eye", a drama/thriller that is expected to be released sometime in 2006.

Facts

- Attended Original Kids Theatre Company in London, Ontario

- Her father Lance is a truck driver, and her mother Sandy is a nurse.

- She has a younger sister, Kayleen and younger brother, Daniel.

- She won her first acting award in 1995 for her role in I Live In A Little Town which was one of her high school plays that made it to the prestigious Ontario Showcase of the Sears Drama Festival of one act plays.

- Rachel's favorite color is purple.

- She loves to shop at Vintage clothing stores.

- Rachel had attended York University in which she received a Honours BA in Theatre.

- She was born in St. Josephs Hospital in London, Ontario, Canada.

- Rachel is 5'4

- Studied theater at York University in Toronto, where she appeared in numerous stage and student film productions. During her senior year, she played a child in The Piper, a workshop led by a creative team from Toronto's Necessary Angel Theatre Company.

- Worked at a McDonalds for 3 summers.

- When she was four, she took up figure skating and competed throughout high school.

- Rachel wore a wig in "Mean Girls".

- Rachel wore a fat suit in "Mean Girls".

- "The Notebook" was filmed in November of 2002, the actors had to deal with the extreme cold weather.

- Rachel is determined, in "The Notebook" there is a scene when Rachel is drenching wet in a boat (in the winter), Rachel insisted on doing the scene until it was right, even though everyone said it was okay to quit.

- Many other actresses were considered for the role of Allie in "The Notebook", for example Reese Witherspoon and Ashley Judd. But when Rachel came into the audtion room she blew them away.

- Rachel was in the running for the role of Sue Storm in the new "Fantastic Four" movie but lost the role to Jessica Alba.

- When Rachel was on Jimmy Kimmel she had her family with her.

- Rachel lives in Canada with her family.

Filmography

- Red Eye (2006) - Character Name Unknown (Pre-Production)

- The Wedding Crashers (2005) - Claire Clearly

- The Notebook (2004) - Young Allie

- Mean Girls (2004) - Regina George

- The Hot Chick (2002) - Jessica Spencer/Clive Maxtone

- Perfect Pie (2002) - Patsy (age 15)

- My Name Is Tanino (2002) - Sally Garfield

- Guilt by Association (2002) (TV) - Danielle

TV SERIES

- Slings and Arrows (2003) - Kate McNab

- Shotgun Love Dolls (2001) - Beth

Guest Appearances

- "Earth: Final Conflict" playing 'Christine Bickwell' (as Rachel MacAdams) in episode: "Atavus High" (episode # 5.12) 28 January 2002

- "Famous Jett Jackson, The" playing 'Hannah' in episode: "Food for Thought" (episode # 3.19) 2 March 2001

credits to http://www.rachelmcadams.org/

Shes my favorite actress in hollywood right now (as in the one im most attracted to) I know she is not super pretty like a nicole kidman or charlize theron, but there is something about her that apeals to me a lot, not physicaly but in the way she is the way she acts, i dunno. Anyways thx for starting this thread.

I think shes is beautiful physically also an excellent actress. No offense to alba fans ,(I like her too) but that role should have gone to her.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What movie are you talking about?

And I loved her in Wedding Crashers, The Notebook, Mean Girls and I'm looking forward to Red Eye, I'll probably make my boyfriend go take me to see that.

I think shes is beautiful physically also an excellent actress. No offense to alba fans ,(I like her too) but that role should have gone to her.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, because Sue Storm is a role requiring great range and talent. Alba is a horrible actress, but come on, can you really say the roles Rachel has been getting haven't showcased her superior talent? She's young, she'll have plenty of time to do those silly action movies that Alba has to rely on.

I think The Notebook was an excellent showcase of her acting.  She was very dramatic in that movie, far more talent than I've seen of Alba...  :whistle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes agree completely. Albas acting in F4 was horrid., I was like wow if she can do it. anyone whos hot with tna can be in a movie lol! :laugh:

anyone whos hot with tna can be in a movie lol!  :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You've just discovered this? 95% of young women in hollywood can't act to save their lives, and the 5% we consider "good" like Rachel McAdams, Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson are basically average. They all have to get old before they discover talent. Men aren't much better.