Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

i hate that they only use some girls for one segment...

so i was thinking, why not go all out with hair and make up and outfits with the a segment u only plan on using those girls for....

i heard this song and i thought of a 50's -60's theme...of course use other songs mixed in or just use this song as inspiration...

this theme is nothing new..others have mentioned it...i think it could work if done right and casted right...

i forgot about manu and kasia and morgane and abbey lee and behati...well, shit...theres too many girls that i wish for... :ninja:

i love this song and it had me thinking...

there was an episode of americas next top model, i think it was season six...where they had a shoot being fairy tale characters...

a part of me wants to say it would be an overkill cause it would be have to be too literal...

but, i think if they edge it up some it would be great..imo, it would be a great pink segment...

i'd put...cinita, erin, emily, abbey lee, flavia, chanel, hind, candice, heloise and toni

its by paramore

i came across this on style.com

"real women" are making a comeback?...im not an expert in any way, shape or form when it comes to the fashion industry...but if this is at all true...imo...a lot more eyes are going to be on this years show...that's if this trend is at all true...

http://www.style.com/trendsshopping/stylen...Top_Ten_Models/

i know, i know...trust me, i know...this is JUST one article on a silly website and blah..blah..blah..haters..I KNOW!

its women in their underwear though...everything is out there..thats why i think more industry people will watch...who actually got what it takes to be casted in the fall '11 collections...IMO. VS is known for casting the best of the best...

imo, john and team need to pull their heads out their asses and get this thing the closest thing to being right...

lara, she was a nice balance to all the freakn ding bats giving me a tooth ache...

rhianne, get rid of the red..other than that..perfect choice...

bianca, i dont get why she never came back? the body is INSANE!!

DARIA, no need to say anything

NATALIA, DIDO

GEMMA, she has more than 6 months to get into VS shape, not HF shape...ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE!! VS GET ON IT!!! CONVINCE HER SHE'S STILL THE ISH!

cinita...a great walker and has a dynamite body and i cant believe she keeps overlooked for the likes of ISABELI!!! AND DORTHIA!!!!! WTF!!!!!

anne V, come back please!!

coco, killer walker, great face and body...another one i just dont get why she's been overlooked...

barr, are you seriouse? give me a break johnny boy!! i'd love to hear your excuse for this one...

i just hope the do good.......last year was a bit better....i guess their taking baby steps..

• 3 weeks later...

i remember seeing joan small in the casting video last year...

she had a HUGE year this year, she was in most of all the big shows...she SHOULD be givin a chance...a great sub for dorthea <_<

I LOVE THIS GROUP N SONG!!!! plus the guy in the red jacket vest is sooooooooooooooo HOT :drool: :heart: :drool:

i'd love it if they use it for the show....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...
On 12/4/2009 at 2:16 AM, k_dub said:

I looked at the show again, and it really was not ALL THAT BAD!!! It actually would have topped some of the previous VSFS if it wasn't for the MODEL SEARCH BULLSHIT. :sleep: :yuckky: :x MAJOR FUCKUP BY VS!!! <_< :yes: They have previously did model searches before in 2003 and 2007. However, both of those times, it was a short segment on the show. no longer than maybe 5 minutes. This time, it dominated the majority of the show. WHY?! :angry: 💢 :pinch: :huh: :confused: :ermm: Uhh, enough of my bitchin' about that lets get to the actual show.

Segment 1: Rather actually enjoyed it. I like the Black Eyed Peas, and they opened the show really well. Say what you wanna say about it. I liked the fact that Liu Wen gave the high 5 to Taboo and I thought with was cool that Abby Lee Kershaw danced and interacted with the members of the BEP. Plus with the crowd with their neon lights in the air, kind of gave the performance more of a concert feel. I thought that was pretty cool.

Segment 2: WTF WAS THAT?! :wacko: :blink: Chances are most of you either found that "All Aboard" thing, amusing, or annoying. I was of the LATTER. <_< :yuckky: :x And you the thought the PINKS of past years were bad? This segment, talk about making me laugh and gag at the SAME TIME!!! Even the models were walking like "Let me get off this runway ASAP!!!" Not to mention they went OVERBOARD with the slow motion thing.

Segment 3: The PINK one. This was easily one of the silliest, amusing and/or annoying segments of years' past. The complete laughing stock of the VSFS. However, I rather enjoyed it this time around. The models seem to having fun, especially Lily Aldridge and Abbey Lee Kershaw. Lily got the SHAKING THAT FINE ASS!!! :drool: :D They did make a mistake with Abby here. She kinda had to show her ass because they put call me on the back of that peace, and had to play it off for the crowd. Thing is, Abby got NO ASS!!! :no: VS got it right this time. The PINK segment was enjoyable.

Intermission: Another performance by the BEP. Performing my favorite song "Meet Me Halfway". :D It was a decent performance. And I thought Fergie looked GREAT IN HER GREEN DRESS!!! :drool: Looked like she was thick in the thighs, and I LIKE THAT!!! I think the BEP did a great job for the VSFS this year.

Segment 4: The "Enchanted Forest". I thought Heidi wasn't supposed to walk this year. She pulled off, though, and they gave her the perfect dress cover up any of the post-birth weight she has. Not bad for a chick who just pushed a baby out 6 WEEKS AGO!!! :o All the girls looked good. They all to seemed to enjoy it. It would have perfect if they would slow up on the "slow motion" thing. Again, TOO MUCH OF IT!!!

Segment 5: The "Romantic Journey" was coo. The girl rising with the balloons, models looking great, and finally done with the "model search" DRAMA!!! :atoobie: :yes: :whistle: <_< I'm glad Kylie won, and thank god she held herself together. I love the segment mostly because of THE CHOIR SINGING!!! Those segment have always been my favorites, for the most part. And this time, they kept the "slow motion" thing to a minimum. :)

Finale are always whatever. Last hurrah for the models, blah blah blah. In closing, the positives were the mix of models. More ethnic models, more so that any of the previous VSFS. The outfits were good, and were most of the segments. No picking on models, or showing mistakes for "dramatic effect". Also, only one shot of a famous celebrity in the audience. :D :whistle: The negatives was the "model search". Do we care? :ermm: SHOULD WE CARE?! :no: Too much "slow motion"

All in all, a good show, but could have been so much better.

Can You Please Describe The Green Outfit That Fergie,From The Black Eyed Peas,Was Wearing,On This Show?