Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

Hey guys. I don't come on here much, but I hope that I can offer my 2 cents on this fashion show as well. :wave:

Overall, I am kind of disappointed. I'm not hard to impress...I loved the 2005 show the best, but I also liked the 2008 show. But something here was just...weird.

1) Makeup and hair.

Last year, the makeup was amazing. It made the models glisten and shine. But this year, it looks plain. I also don't like the hair. It looks a little frizzy to me. I prefer the silky hair styling from the past.

2) The contest. Aside from the fact that I thought Kylie had the least chance of winning, it overwhelmed the show. I like to watch the VSFS for the Angels and the models, not for a competition. If I wanted to do that, I would watch America's Top Model. :whistle:

3) Alessandra's opening outfit. :yuckky: I am glad that they finally let her open the show, but first they overshadowed her with the powerful opening by the BEP. And then she came out in that outfit. Out of all the designers in the world that VS could hire, that was the best to open the show with? Why? Alessandra is a gorgeous girl. :(

However, I think it had a few good parts too. I enjoyed the music except for KOL's Sex on Fire. PINK segment was probably one of the best PINK segments since its installation. I also liked the Enchanted Forest segment.

Out of the models, Candice looked the most gorgeous. What a body. :drool: I also liked Doutzen's opening in All Abroad. Rosie really worked the runway in that same segment. As for the best outfit? I'm going to go with Lindsey's red riding hood outfit in Enchanted Forest. Fergie in her green dress didn't look too bad either.

Sorry, I got carried away and wrote a lot. :whistle:

I am already looking forward to the next show. Hopefully it will be more about the models next time. And I hope that Adriana will be able to return. She is not my favorite, but I like seeing her on the runway.

Bye bye guys. :wave: :kiss: :heart:

When i looked at the show in pictures it was better then the past two shows. The outfits and model lineup were fantastic this year. I thought they actually were gonna fix up and bring back that 2006 time. And then when videos of the walks and stuff starting coming out i got more excited cause everything was looking great. Sure the runway was short but there are some awesome outfits and models to make up for that. But i knew it all lay to the editing and the show to really make up for the past two shows before it but it just faied. I thought it couldnt be worse then 2007 but i dont know. They really screwed up with the model search thing. And the basic non existence of their Angels. I mean i just dont get that. But oh well thats what they wanted. I still do think that the outfits were awesome this year. I think Selita's supernova one looks so much better on runway then in pictures because the lights shine off it awesome and make it really light up.

My Fav Outfits

Ana BB's Romantic Journey

Miranda's Romantic Journey

Lindsay's Enchanted Forest

Rosie's Enchanted Forest

Abbey's Star Trooper

Standouts

Ana BB

Abbey

Miranda

Rosie

Lindsay E

First of all, I officially don't like BEP anymore or maybe I still like 'em but just really thought tonite was messed up. No, I officially don't like 'em anymore. That's my final answer. :| I really like Leona's song, "HAPPY", but I don't get where it fit in at all and a choir?? :idk: What was up with that?

If VS ever, ever tries to do that model search thing again, well, someone needs their meds adjusted. It just about drove me crazy. :bounce: :bounce: I wanted to scream, I was that bored. :banghead:

Heidi looked pretty, didn't have too much of the show focused on her and that was good. She worked out okay. It surprised me.

I MISS ADRI! The show just isn't the same without her, IMHO.

Doutzen really is gorgeous! She truly is.

Abbey Lee was darling in the first segment, after that, okay.

Behati!!! We needed more BEHATI! We need more BEHATI!!

Miranda is a babe any way you cut it. She rocked it, I thought.

Alessandra is still darn near perfect to me.

Lindsey E. surprised me, pleasantly. I was prepared to not like her at all but I did, I really did.

Selita is still perfectly fine, in my mind. I'm guess I'm alone there but I really don't see the problem with her. She's beautiful and is sassy.

Julia was a HUGE surprise to me. She was great.

Candace has a bangin' bod, for sure and can really work it.

And Ana BB? She's just a goddess, plain and simple.

Izabel was an absolute knockout!

The others were just not that special to me. I'm not bashing anyone but they just didn't do it for me. I am still shaking my head over most of the choices that VS made as far as who participated. I mean, sweet Mother of God, where did they dig up some of these girls???? :x and why do they keep others?? :avada:

I just don't know what the criteria is any more. :surrender: :surrender: It used to be clear until last year and honestly, this year was at least tied with last year for worst ever. This year and last year just were wrong on so many levels. Both were wrong for different reasons but nevertheless, a huge letdown.

The outfits, well, some were very good and some were very bad. They did, however, translate, for the most part, better than I thought they would based on the pictures we have seen. :yes:

Somebody has to rethink the models and go back to the simpler lingerie look and the really beautiful wings and make this an event again, not a circus. :yuckky: That is the bottom line for me. They just have to, period!

As long as they have been in the planning stage, was this really their goal???? Seriously??? :persuazn: :banghead: To me, it was a FAIL! A couple of the commercials were the highlight of the evening and that's pretty damn sad. :blink: :wacko:

EDIT: I almost forgot and should be smacked! Thank you sooooooooo much to everyone who has put in so much time, especially before the show, to get pictures and videos posted. What a great job you all did!!! Thanks....:hug:

They didn't show a lot of stuff like the George Michael tribute/remake, Ale and Behati's stuff they filmed, and Adriana's pre-taped stuff. I didn't see the point in Heidi hosting this year. Usually when she does it at least makes sense, but with the model search it just didn't work. You know they wanted to show more of that BS because even it seemed rushed.

Edit: Ale and Behati's stuff are supposedly up on VSAllAccess. And I really thought they would've had the George Michaels thing as the show opener, but then the BEP's performance opener was pretty great. Basically, they had an option there to focus on Alessandra or not (because she had a big part in that remake) and they chose not to. Shows where their priorities are.

SHANNON UR FIRED!!!!! omg, wtf!!...

what was with all the "this years winner" and "the 2009 winner is".. do they plan to have more of this stuff in the future?!?!?! :blink: :blink:

pink's line up wasnt bad...but imo, the outfits blew majorly!!! well, the ballon one and candice was okay, i guess..

julia is one of my all time favorites, but they dressed her up pretty bad this year...her walk was flawless though...

the angels, abbey, rosie, anna j., elyse, the balloon chick, maryna, julia, erin and liu were my favorites...

lui, what happend with liu? :blink: :blink: really? just like 5 seconds? FOR THE WHOLE DAMN SHOW?

the model search was WAY too much. im happy for kylie and all, but it was just too much. BAD IDEA!!! NEVER AGAIN!

John Pfeiffer needs one of three things...HIS ASS WHOOPED, A DAMN PAY CUT TIL HE LEARNS HIS LESSON OR FIRE HIM!!

dorthea is a lovely girl im sure, but baby girl doesnt belong in VS neither does her friend anastasia. he keeps bringing isabeli back, n selita when oluchi is soooo much better and stands out more. ANA RUBIC? beautiful and all yeah, but waaay too skinny, n im all for HF models for VS.

the music wasnt too bad. the songs were okay with the little mixing that they did do with it..and the choir once again was pointless. <_< ..did u notice how they cut off some of doutzens final walk to focus on them?

the set was a MAJOR let down..i'll just assume it was budget issues and not lack of inspiration...

i love VSFS's and i look forward to them as u guys do. but this one is a let down... BUT NOT LIKE 07!!

the more i watch it the more i like the All Aboard segment. Although i have been having what i like to call selective blackouts.

ie:

BEP ... like music, like Ale, Iza ... but black out for abbey, selita, etc

watch All aboard, like the music, like isabeli, and anabb, and marisa ... but chanel and other ... i blackout.

pink segment ... complete blackout

... you get the picture. lol

other times i liked the segment, but i didn't black out but went momentarily deaf due to the songs.

Alright for starters Abbey was alright in the first walk, afterwards she came off as rather fake, a little bit to out there and completely off kilter. I know you're all saying she was the highlight of the show but I really have to disagree. As for her first walk all it did was make a terrible outfit half decent and bring about a little bit of energy, let's not jump the gun people she's not the next angel and if she is VS execs should be shot... my opinion, feel free to disagree.

THANK YOU!! i thought i was alone on this one. i believe abbey is exactly what everyone is complaining is wrong with the shows these days... the over the top dancing, shaking, pointing, arm raising, waving... she tried waaaay too hard. if i had been selita or someone who did the things abbey did, everyone would be wanting to hang her. she made me uncomfortable watching her. i was like yelling "just walk hunnie... JUST WALK"