Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

So has it been made abundantly clear yet that Lima had nothing to do with the show, despite how a certain few of her fans were telling all of us that her involvement was fact, contractually and due to VS not being able to do without her? I promised I'd laugh when it turned out she had no role, but I'm not going to because Pink will be mad at me. :angel:

The show really really just focused on the stupid model search and the winner too much. The runway was way too short, and I felt like I was at a concert instead of a fashion show.

Doutzen looked gorgeous, and so did Skippy & Candice :woot:

I didn't like how they just threw in the FB again in the middle of a segment, if they aren't going to spend time on it in the actual show..then they should just stop doing it.

All in all, it was pretty boring. possibly the worst ever. :sleep:

and so much for adriana doing something- :no: :(

FASHION show VS..not reality show/concert. (N)

Kylie had more air time then the angels. Thats not very good. I mean was it me or did it feel like she even had more time on screen then Heidi. Thats a shocker. See the show felt rushed because the segments were just thrown randomly in bits. I reckon the five segments took a total of 15 minutes of the show. The rest was BEP and Model Search. Very dissapointing.

But i enjoyed the segments even though they were rushed. I just felt like i saw no angels there wasnt even a focus on the wings. It wa just so bleh.

So has it been made abundantly clear yet that Lima had nothing to do with the show, despite how a certain few of her fans were telling all of us that her involvement was fact, contractually and due to VS not being able to do without her? I promised I'd laugh when it turned out she had no role, but I'm not going to because Pink will be mad at me. :angel:

Considering that's what Limited told us, and Monica Mitro's people...we believed it. Oh Well better next year lol.

As far as I'm concerned the show was a lost cause, and every angel was overshadowed. They could have shown something with Adriana, I'm sure they filmed something and didn't use it (just like they did with the other angels Ale and etc and the music video thing) heck Heidi didn't do hardly do anything, and Marisa was just tossed around like the bra wasn't important. Total waste IMO, all the angels were just nothing in this show...total waste of air time. Ugh The show isn't getting good reviews at all...alot of people didn't see their favorite model..tons of people are wondering where Dri was...it's hard to keep up with them, and people are asking about the fantasy bra, since ti wasn't really even highlighted...it was just to rushed and just horrible. Please VS, go back to the straight runway, and let's do 05 over again please...this was worse than 2007. They could have wrapped and explained that whole model search thing in one segment.

Alright for starters Abbey was alright in the first walk, afterwards she came off as rather fake, a little bit to out there and completely off kilter. I know you're all saying she was the highlight of the show but I really have to disagree. As for her first walk all it did was make a terrible outfit half decent and bring about a little bit of energy, let's not jump the gun people she's not the next angel and if she is VS execs should be shot... my opinion, feel free to disagree.

As for the rest of the show, the editing again was rather sloppy, they tried a bit to hard to coincide things with the beat of the music, which wasn't a horrible choice as far as some of their musical selections have been but it was far from the best. Nothing was really memorable, the model search was irritating at best, obnoxious and all rather pointless, it's a girl we will doubtless never hear or see anything on again. She got her 5 minutes... they just got dragged out over the course of an hour.

90% of the outfits translated much better on the runway, which leads me to believe that a great deal of the pictures we have are from the first filming, and they did makeup touchups and adjustments where the problem issues were as a correction. A pleasant surprise this year was Julia Stegner, someone I have in past years screamed about being to thin for vs. She has put on a bit of weight and goddamn she looked good, and the outfit, (aside from the horrendous color) wasn't half bad.

Miranda's outfits while cute had to much hype, and I'll stick to it were not that great. They were simple lingerie pieces badly put together with horrendous accent pieces. That gold neck piece on the black outfit... just tacky. The forward kiss, (looks like she's going to topple over) with the clockwork wings was done last year and it worked about as well then as it does now, (not at all) and her pink bow just looked like it was either going to stab her in the crotch or the ass.. take your pick.

Isabeli's little dance in the back was cute, not over done and rather sexy, (I am currently trying to convince Pretty I need a new avatar) and her black outfit was both memorable, simple and had no stupid little additions that made me stare. The pink segment wasn't atrocious, though the one girl I believe Dorthea should probably stick to high fashion.

All in all I wasn't super impressed but I wasn't super disapointed... Guess my expectations of VS have just been lowered so much by the last 2 years that I don't watch the show expecting much.

Kylie had more air time then the angels. Thats not very good. I mean was it me or did it feel like she even had more time on screen then Heidi.

:rofl:

I think Kylie did have slightly more screen time than Heidi. At least it felt that way :p

BTW, did the show air in Australia already??? :unsure:

FAVORITES

Isabeli Fontana

Behati Prinsloo

Izabel Goulart

Candice Swanepoel

Ana Beatriz

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED BY

Erin Heatherton

Maryna Linchuk

EXPECTED MORE FROM

Marisa Miller

Alessandra Ambrosio
*Flat hair, gaunt face, tired and looked like she was lost and had no idea wtf she was doing*,

Miranda Kerr

Rosie Huntington

Doutzen Kroes
*she looked amazing her first walk, nice and trim.... the other two not so much. Body makeup wore off and she looked a little torn up, and thicker then normal*

NEED TO GO AWAY AND NEVER RETURN TO THE VS RUNWAY

Abbey Lee

Anja Rubik

Selita Ebanks,

Caroline Trentini

Sessilee Lopez

Anastasia Kuznetsova

Dorothea Barth Jorgensenm

Abbey Lee Kershaw

Abbey Lee Kershaw

Abbey Lee Kershaw

Abbey Lee Kershaw

Abbey Lee Kershaw

Anja Rubik,

Anja Rubik

Anja Rubik

Anja Rubik

Why was the hair so flat?

Why was Abbey at the show?

Why did they subject us to the BEP's?

Why are they putting High Fashion models on the runway?

Why did Behati only get one outfit, while woman who weren't a focus get more? Baron also wants to know....

More Behati next year, and please for the love of all things holy make some of these woman eat more!

On a great note, omg the Christmas commerial was one of the best ever... if not theeee best.

5/10

Kylie had more air time then the angels. Thats not very good. I mean was it me or did it feel like she even had more time on screen then Heidi.

:rofl:

I think Kylie did have slightly more screen time than Heidi. At least it felt that way :p

BTW, did the show air in Australia already??? :unsure:

Nope but the awesome T.G over on VSHolics uploaded it already so i watched it :D. Decent quality too

...the model search was irritating at best, obnoxious and all rather pointless, it's a girl we will doubtless never hear or see anything on again. She got her 5 minutes... they just got dragged out over the course of an hour.

From vsallaccess.com:

"...Model Search winner Kylie takes the walk of a lifetime at the 2009 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Congratulations to our new Runway Angel...Kylie's journey concludes at the runway..."

So you are probably right :)

I really didn't enjoy Abbey, but no one has to agree :) Would of liked to have more focus on the angels though. Plus it sucked Marisa finally got the bra, with only two outfits. Whereas none of these models I know get more. Kind of unfair :/ Not trying to be negative, I actually enjoyed the show. Loved Rosie, Candice, Chanel, Miranda, Ana, Izabel, and Behati the most when watching.

Well being aussie i loved Miranda, Abbey and Elyse. Obviously lol. I wish Elyse had another walk. I mean i loved her but Tatiana having one look just pointless and same for Anna J and Liu. I mean we saw Liu for a total of like 5 seconds.

I enjoyed the runway and music. Just wish there was more. At least a better opening of the angels. What was that opening they put in. It was terrible.