Bellazon

Genevieve Morton
Thumbnail

burti35

8 hours ago, fantasyf said:

Anyone from Italy? Her website isn't loading, and I can't unverstand why (I've bought previous sets, no problems until now). I tried one of those free web proxies and the website works, but I don't want to buy the set through a free web proxy...

Doesn't load to me either.

In the last weeks, the same happened with other "innocuous" websites, don't know why. Not sure if it's just my provider (Wind) or there's some sort of idiotic black list in our country that censors some websites for no apparent reason. It's quite frustrating though.

(Sorry for the OT)

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, notworthyhuman said:

I did. Did you get yours yet? I bought all of her sets and never had this problem before.

After I realised that I only looked at the bath tub pics twice after purchase I haven't bought any more, the pics are ok but it's expensive in this format. I'd want a printed calendar for that kind of money, something that lasts a year rather than five minutes.

23 minutes ago, Rob S said:

After I realised that I only looked at the bath tub pics twice after purchase I haven't bought any more, the pics are ok but it's expensive in this format. I'd want a printed calendar for that kind of money, something that lasts a year rather than five minutes.

True. Gen needs to understand that people post the pics because people are disgruntled. They’re too expensive for what you get. If they were priced appropriately, more people would buy them.

46 minutes ago, notworthyhuman said:

True. Gen needs to understand that people post the pics because people are disgruntled. They’re too expensive for what you get. If they were priced appropriately, more people would buy them.

I disagree with most of that. You've got to consider this isn't the first set she has released and has no idea if it will sell, this is what, the fourth, fifth set at the same price?

The pics get posted by someone that wants to be seen to be the great helpful guy in a community, like this one for example. He'll suck up the $30 cost because he has done a 'charitable act', or at the very least he hopes he'll get other sets from other people in the future as a kind of payback. Then those people who have got the pics for free want to be seen to be the man in other communities, before you know it,  they are all over the internet. Making them cheaper will only make them spread quicker because $10 (?) is far easier for most to throw away on content they are prepared to share. To make it more exclusive you'd charge way more to discourage sharing...or provide buyers with the pics in a format where the only copies on the internet for free would be inferior quality scans or photos, like a calendar or coffee table book.

I'm really suprised that the photoset business does not have software that places a unique digital watermark concealed in each photo (not exif data) that is linked to the mailing list so that when the copyright owner sees a full size image on the internet they can trace exactly who that particular photo was mailed to originally

23 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I disagree with most of that. You've got to consider this isn't the first set she has released and has no idea if it will sell, this is what, the fourth, fifth set at the same price?

The pics get posted by someone that wants to be seen to be the great helpful guy in a community, like this one for example. He'll suck up the $30 cost because he has done a 'charitable act', or at the very least he hopes he'll get other sets from other people in the future as a kind of payback. Then those people who have got the pics for free want to be seen to be the man in other communities, before you know it,  they are all over the internet. Making them cheaper will only make them spread quicker because $10 (?) is far easier for most to throw away on content they are prepared to share. To make it more exclusive you'd charge way more to discourage sharing...or provide buyers with the pics in a format where the only copies on the internet for free would be inferior quality scans or photos, like a calendar or coffee table book.

I'm really suprised that the photoset business does not have software that places a unique digital watermark concealed in each photo (not exif data) that is linked to the mailing list so that when the copyright owner sees a full size image on the internet they can trace exactly who that particular photo was mailed to originally

Well I’m not here to argue. Just trying to know if people got theirs. Just really annoying because this is not her first time selling pics and I even did a pre-order.