Bellazon

Cindy Crawford
Thumbnail

Marsnoop

e4749b156602246.jpg aac8a4156601592.jpg

What makes this phase of your life special?

Cindy: I think every stage of one's life is special. What I am enjoying about this phase is that all the pieces feel like t they have come together. First and foremost, I enjoy being a wife and mother. I always knew that was something I wanted, but actually living it is even better than I imagined. I am really enjoying my career right now. I am able to draw on everything I have learned and apply it to my own projects as well as maintaining some of my long-term relationships. I like that I am not shooting every day. I find I enjoy being in front of the camera more when it's less frequent. Having time to do other things — hike with girlfriends, volunteer at school, etc — also feels like a luxury!

Of all your accomplishments, what are you most proud of?

Cindy: Of all my accomplishments, I am most proud of two things. First, being able to have my children at home with the help of a mid-wife was a very empowering experience for me. Certainly not for everyone, but I was able to tap into an inner strength that I wasn't even aware that I had. Secondly, I am proud of the fact that I was able to learn from being a young model and turn that experience into a real business.

How will your family be spending the Holidays? Any special traditions at Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year?

Cindy: I love the holidays! My mother was the same way and even though we had little money, she made every holiday feel special. We are planning on spending Thanksgiving here in Malibu with my husband's family. I also try to include any friends who are on their own. We usually go to Cabo for Christmas. My family will join us and we bring all of our stockings so Santa can find us there!

How do you like to relax?

Cindy: My favorite leisure time activity is reading. I love to lose myself in a great book. We also love playing games as a family, bike riding, and walking on the beach.

Favorite vacation spot?

Cindy: Favorite vacation spots are Cabo, Italy , Bora Bora, Costa Rica , New York . We also have a cottage on a lake in Canada and spend some of our best quality family time there in the summer.

What has life taught you and does the journey improve?

Cindy: Life has taught me to be true to yourself. That being present in every moment is what's really important. To not be afraid to fail. To forgive. The best way to spend time is with your kids. In many ways, the journey does get better as you age. I have found that I am more my authentic self — that I feel more comfortable in my skin. That I know myself better and know what works for me and what doesn't.

What qualities do you admire in others?

Cindy: The qualities I most admire in people are passion and kindness. When someone is excited about something — anything — I find that very attractive and I feel drawn to their enthusiasm. Back in the Midwest where I was raised, there was a kindness to people; people did the right thing. That is a quality I try to cultivate in my children.

What are the ingredients for a successful relationship?

Cindy: I think every relationship is different, but what has worked for me and Rande has been a strong foundation in friendship — we really like who the other is and enjoy doing things together. We are different, but we try to use our differences to complement each other. We trust each other and I feel like Rande always has my back.

Future goals?

Cindy: I don't have goals per se. My focus is on creating and maintaining balance in my life — to have time for my husband, kids, career, friends and myself. Every year my New Year's resolution is to say "no" more. I try not to commit to too much so that I don't feel like I am rushing about my life. Business-wise, I am continuing to build up Meaningful Beauty as well as expanding my home business.

http://wmlifestyle.com/coverstory.html

http://wmlifestyle.com/wmlifestyle_nov_dec...ital_issue.html

From left: Yasmin Le Bon, Helena Christensen, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Eva Herzigova on the cover of December's Harper's Bazaar. Photo: Jonas Akerlund for Harper's Bazaar

5b87f1157027495.jpg

They have a combined age of 214. Yet whether you ascribe it to remarkable genes, marvellous make-up or (for the really cynical) artful airbrushing, there can be no denying that this vintage line-up of supermodels still looks very super indeed on the Harper's Bazaar magazine's December-issue cover. The image is an impressive showcase not only for Dolce & Gabbana corsets (the designers mastermind the look of the cover) , but for the remarkable longevity of fashion's greatest generation of clotheshorses - the supermodels.

Bazaar's editor Lucy Yeomans recruited her roster of supermodel cover girls as part of a project that saw them cast in a video for a Duran Duran single named Girl Panic. The shoot took place back in June, but according to Stefano Gabbana's Tumblr commentary at the time it felt much longer ago than that: "I feel like in the 90's", he said.

It a month short of 22 years since Vogue magazine started the whole supermodel shebang with its wonderful cover of January 1990. All of them wearing Giorgio di Sant'Angelo, the original super-roster of Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Tatjana Patitz, Christy Turlington and Cindy Crawford stared - seemingly unmade-up and most definitely un-airbrushed - straight down Peter Lindbergh's lens.

Harper's Bazaar's best dressed list 2011 in pictures

That single shot alerted the fashion world to the remarkable crop of once-in-a-generation beauties that was suddenly in its midst. Along with Claudia Schiffer, they were termed the "Big Six" and speedily became famous well beyond the confines of fashion.

Two of Vogue's originals are on Bazaar's recast homage; Crawford (now 45) and Campbell (41). The three supermodel substitutes are Helena Christensen (43), Eva Herzigova (38) and Yasmin Le Bon, (47), wife of Duran Duran's Simon.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/columns/luk...ers-Bazaar.html

as usual, thanks ashleynovak for taking time to post all the recents news :drool: I love the Baazar cover, Cindy in the middle that's how it had to be! :laugh:

I love Eva but Claudia Schiffer should have taken her place :whistle: or Tatjana who was also in a Duran Duran video.