Bellazon

Battle of the Bods

Joe > Average

2 - my preciousss!

Sorry Joe :(

btw ya'll love to give 8's to 10's out for everything. I guess of you never find flaws with bodies, and everyone is a perfect 10 eh? :blink:

They're all fashion models for some reason, I'd give a 2 only to someone really obese I could find in the street, not in a catwalk.

I'm sorry but just because you are in fashion doesn't mean your body is all mighty. Half these woman on the catwalk look like nothing more then walking coat hangers. Do they deserve 10's because they look like prepubescent boys? but are fashion models?! I don't think so.

Selita may be a "model"... but she's no where near perfect!. If you actually look at her body from a designers perspective, or a "sane... rational god fearing man" (that's from my husband btw), her body is severly disportionate. Short short short torso and exceptionally long legs. Not my cup of tea, and her breasts don't fit her overall look.

Bigger tits don't always mean better.... perhaps if she had downgraded a little and didn't go the Pamala Anderson route? *shrugs*

I'll say it again, Selita bears a strong strong resemblance to a number of transgendered people I know. Her body is very indicative to a man's as an overall, throw on some fake tits and wa la.... Helloooo Nancy!

At the end of the day... to each his own. :)

:heythere: .

I'll say it again, Selita bears a strong strong resemblance to a number of transgendered people I know. Her body is very indicative to a man's as an overall, throw on some fake tits and wa la.... Helloooo Nancy!

No need to appologize to me :) . Nothing worse can be said about Selita than has been said on Bellazon. Seleta bashing was an every day occurance when

I first got to Bellazon, I sortof missed it almost. It turns out I've been looking forward to this round to see if my prediction of the different members was true *evil laugh*. And that is the difference in assessments between 04-07 registered members and 08-09, specifically 09.

Team 08-09, Score = 9

Team 07 and back, Score = 6 (better than I thought)

I want to speak to a few different things (not all related to this), but I type fast and I find if I say too much no one will read it :ninja: , so one at a time.

Part 1: Her Breasts

I'm pretty sure those enhancements haven't helped her scores with those that like her here as big breasts are not really a commodity in this comp :idk: . Just compare the breasts at the bottom 50 to the top 50. There are also other popular models who I won't name for the time being with simular before and afters, only upgraded to a more discreet cup size.

Part 2: Bellazon and Selita

To me, this whole Selita is a monster thing Bellazon is known for isn't all about the quality of looks alone. Its about that many members registered from 04-07 dislike her because they didn't like what she brought to VS. The bad walk, weird awkward runway gestures ect. and all those bad feelings have been transfered to the looks. Not saying it accounts fro a 10 to 1 gap, but I do think 5s become 3s, 3s become 1s, 7s become 6s, 6s become 4s as a result.

But when you compare the scores of those registered from 04-07 to those registered 08-09, especially 09, you will see a drastic difference in perceptions that is no coincidence. I'm not here to say you have to love her or even like her. I'm not saying the devil pic isn't funny, it is.

But what I am here to say is this is a new Selita world on the brink and you and I are in it.

Mr. Dylan and the 09 registered members have something to say to us 04-07 registered members :guitar: .

Come gather 'round people

Wherever you roam post-17304-0-1446064136-27681_thumb.gif

And admit that the waters

Around you have grown

And accept it that soon

You'll be drenched to the bone.

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

Then you better start swimmin'

Or you'll sink like a stone

For the times they are a-changin'.post-17304-0-1446064136-29515_thumb.gif

Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the wheel's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

That it's namin'.

For the loser now

Will be later to win

For the times they are a-changin'. post-17304-0-1446064136-31226_thumb.gif

Come senators, congressmen

Please heed the call

Don't stand in the doorway

Don't block up the hall

For he that gets hurt

Will be he who has stalled

There's a battle outside

And it is ragin'.

It'll soon shake your windows

And rattle your walls

For the times they are a-changin'.post-17304-0-1446064136-32847_thumb.gif

Come mothers and fathers

Throughout the land

And don't criticize

What you can't understand

Your sons and your daughters

Are beyond your command

Your old road is

Rapidly agin'.

Please get out of the new one

If you can't lend your hand

For the times they are a-changin'.post-17304-0-1446064136-34199_thumb.gif

The line it is drawn

The curse it is cast

The slow one now

Will later be fast

As the present now

Will later be past

The order is

Rapidly fadin'.

And the first one now

Will later be last

For the times they are a-changin'.post-17304-0-1446064136-35861_thumb.gif

:guitar:

I'm sorry but just because you are in fashion doesn't mean your body is all mighty. Half these woman on the catwalk look like nothing more then walking coat hangers. Do they deserve 10's because they look like prepubescent boys? but are fashion models?! I don't think so.

Selita may be a "model"... but she's no where near perfect!. If you actually look at her body from a designers perspective, or a "sane... rational god fearing man" (that's from my husband btw), her body is severly disportionate. Short short short torso and exceptionally long legs. Not my cup of tea, and her breasts don't fit her overall look.

Bigger tits don't always mean better.... perhaps if she had downgraded a little and didn't go the Pamala Anderson route? *shrugs*

Not a 10, but all deserve a 7-8 at least, except maybe, IMO, those really skinny and unhealthy ones which I don't like at all.

Yeah, her breasts is what I like the least of her, I usually detest those big tits going up defying gravity, but I love all the rest so much that I gave her a 10, though it should have really been a 9-9.5.

I am not rational in this case, she's got something special I can't describe that makes me always to love her at first sight, the same happens with Irina Sheik. :)

Theron not all models deserve a 7-8 some of them just don't have the body to rate that high, and others don't have the face. These girls aren't made models because they are the best that society has to offer, they are made models because some person saw something that might appeal to a demigraphic or be appropriate for a specific venue. High fashion models are not always the best looking, nor are their bodies what society generally finds the most appealing so in a contest where we are judging bodies not everyone deserves 6+ some of them just don't have great bodies.

Joe, in regards to your observation about 04-07 members having a negative opinion on Selita and the why's and whyfors possibly being due to her VS stint... I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with VS it's the fact that those people are older, those that were in their teens are now in their 20's, those that were in their 20's are pushing 30 etc... It seems like it's a younger demigraphc who has a huge hard on for anything VS, they have blinders and if it's VS it's the best.. That and a lot of the newer registered users seem to have very politically correct responses, they don't want to offend anyone so rather then give a negative vote or answer they hedge, or just put out a high number. That's not a bad thing, but those members who registered a few years back are over that hump, they don't care what other people think of their opinion anymore and they just put it out there.

On that note Selita 4

:flower:

High Fashion Models

Even though Natalia Vadionova and Rianne Ten Haken are the only high fashion models in this comp, good points about high fashion models :) .

Selita

And of course my purpose is not to say whether you should like her more or not, mind you :flower: .

But of course we have to bear in mind that these older members were also young and new in the prime of their Selita bashing and in the prime of anti-Selita mania. I feel confident that if this comp were done 2 years ago, VS homerism wasn't any less rampant and her scores would be cut in half (in my opinion of course :) ) .

But my point with this Selita thing is not who would or wouldn't love her otherwise or who would hate her just the same anyway ect. or why every individual person likes her or not. But I personally feel that if we just be honest here in assessing said group as a whole, her looks alone don't warrant the way she has historically been treated on Bellazon. There are tons of weird looking models with almost every type of "flaw" under the sun but no model on Bellazon has ever been treated or talked about half as bad as she has here. When I got here by the way people talked about the woman, if I just read the comments and didn't see her myself I would swear she was a monster with four red eyes with puss foaming from them :idk: .

VS Fandom

And IMO, the biggest VS fans are among the older members. I myself have never been a huge VS fan, and found the VS craze of BZ overwhelming

initially. When I first got here for example, it seemed anyone VS (along with Laetitia and Petra of course) couldn't lose any poll. It seemed like

Alessandra could win best redhead if she was in it at that time. It seems to me those powers have largely shifted and now you can even see no names

almost put up a fight in some polls whereas a B lister wouldn't stand a chance when I got here.

"For the loser now will be later to win

For the times they are a-changin'." post-17304-0-1446064137-00463_thumb.gif

New Members Scoring

And of course we can't rule out people just genuinely liking someone that much simply because we may not understand :) . We also can't rule out the idea that people that score higher in general may just genuinely a greater and wider appreciation for more women :idk: .

But ironically, as to newer members giving higher scores to be politically correct or avoid offending, the average pre 08 member actually averages higher scorers averages giving more 10s too :yes: .

The order is

Rapidly fadin'.

And the first one now

Will later be last

For the times they are a-changin'.post-17304-0-1446064137-02951_thumb.gif

(8 votes for Selita, 9 for Luisana, 6 for Valeria, 5 for Jennifer)

She's one of my favorite models since I started getting into fashion to now, but I never actually thought about her body. Probably because of her amazing sexiness and face stealing the show. I'd give the face 9.7 and the sexiness 10+ for sure.

Body, not bad, but I don't know how much it would stand out if it had to stand on its own without that amzaing face and super sexiness.

I don't particularly love anything to be honest and her butt could also be described as a lower back, which isn't what I would call bad but not above average IMO. She is fairly fit and her legs do have some shape to them, so I would call her above average for sure :) . And her skill at posing combined with her amazing sexiness allow her to maximize what she has. But I have to give the same score as I did those simular to be fair. But I'm only saying this because its a competition, in reality I want her desperately :ninja: .

Catherine - 5.5 :drool: