Bellazon

Skin Care

monika

I haven’t tried a lot of Korean skin care just because the shipping time and cost to Canada is not worth the frustration a lot of the time, but there are a few products I do like. It’s mostly more masks because I struggle enough to commit to a three step routine at night, let alone their crazy 13 step routines. :p 

Really enjoy these masks from Too Cool for School. 

https://m.sephora.com/product/pumpkin-sleeping-pack-P422226?icid2=TooCoolForSchool_lp_WhatsNew_carousel_us&productId=P422226

https://m.sephora.com/product/egg-mousse-pack-P400282?icid2=skugrid

Innisfree is another sheet mask brand I like- they’re almost creamy? And very moisturizing. 

Elizavecca is a brand I recommend avoiding. Their two most popular products, the hell pore mask and the bubble mask, broke me out and dried out my skin. 

I love belif’s moisturizers but they are pricey, and everyboulevard actually recommended me a drug store dupe that I plan on picking up once I’m through my current tub. 

I like Laniege as well for their serums and moisturizers, but again, are quite pricey. Their berry yogurt mask is also a favourite of mine. 

This got longer than I expected, I didn’t realize how many Korean brands I had tried. :rofl: 

I have no idea what that means!

edit: Googled it and it’s a Sephora user? But it’s not me! 

Second edit: If you are looking to build a skincare routine, The Ordinary has some good products for a very good price. It’s a Canadian brand, and I’ve used their hyaluronic acid, and lactic acids. 

7 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I have no idea what that means!

edit: Googled it and it’s a Sephora user? But it’s not me! 

Second edit: If you are looking to build a skincare routine, The Ordinary has some good products for a very good price. It’s a Canadian brand, and I’ve used their hyaluronic acid, and lactic acids. 

Haha, yes! I was wondering because she says she is from Canada and reviewed one of the products you linked.

Thank you again for the tip! The skincare world can be very overwhelming!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

With very sweaty summer days,  I've had some success using a small towel, drenched in water to periodically wipe down my face and chest to prevent clogs.   I have a small container of non-comedogenic cream moisturizer just in case.

Then, when I'm back in my car or in an air conditioned area, I use a Cetaphil sensitive skin wipe.  These are labeled non-comedogenic and have no fragrance.  They do, however, have some alcohol which can be drying if used repeatedly.  I personally have not used more than 1 wipe a day, and I might use 2 next time.  

14934699?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

I do not recommend wipes with salyctic acid if you are using a retiniod and Benzyl Perioxide.  It is irritating, it smells, there is fragrance, and I haven't seen a single brand that passes the non-comedogenic regulations by the gov't.

For me:

-Also, the use of Benzyl Peroxide facial washes- probably better to use it at night everyday and make morning use conditional.   Also, sweating in the middle of the day- perhaps use a BP wash for an additional wash and not use it again at night.

-the use of towels- make sure they are non-bristle and gentle for your skin or they will over-exfoliate and lead to irritation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My review of the Cetaphil wipes after using them all summer:

- They helped kill some bacteria and prevent breakouts with "mild" sweating and humidity

-However, at high humidity levels, heavy sweating, and beaches, they are less than adequate.  Nevertheless they are better than nothing and are not irritating.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I was gifted a skincare set on christmas by my daughter, and I really enjoyed using all the items. Im looking to buy skincare for myself but im not sure what to buy. My primary goal is to get younger looking, glowy skin. Any projects recs?

On 5/24/2021 at 1:47 AM, Ursula9201 said:

I was gifted a skincare set on christmas by my daughter, and I really enjoyed using all the items. Im looking to buy skincare for myself but im not sure what to buy. My primary goal is to get younger looking, glowy skin. Any projects recs?

I think you should start with using basic skincare, like a cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen. If you really want something fancy to spruce up your routine then you can maybe add a hydrating toner like soon jung water toner or Hada Labo. If you don't have access to korean skincare then you can use the HA serum from the Ordinary. I would also recommend taking collagen supplements. Theyre great from improving skin texture and elasticity especially if youre in your late thirties. I take ones from

https://www.vitaminexpress.org/uk/collagen-supplements

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 11:29 AM, frenchkiki said:

This woman changed my life. I never had acne once in my life, but her advices about skin care are priceless. And her reactions to famous people skin care routine too :rofl:

I am a "The ordinary" fan now.

Skincare routine seems to be different for a lot of people.  My anti-acne routine is somewhat involved.

Beautiful Christy has beautiful skin? :wub6yh2cm:

The youtuber you like is pretty, she looks like one of the BZ models here.

On 9/19/2021 at 5:15 AM, Cult Icon said:

Skincare routine seems to be different for a lot of people.  My anti-acne routine is somewhat involved.

Beautiful Christy has beautiful skin? :wub6yh2cm:

The youtuber you like is pretty, she looks like one of the BZ models here.

Cassandra used to be a model, but her bad acne problems force her to stop. And she didn't like being a model.

Yes, I think I have a good skin. Genetics.

If u have acne, you should follow her advices. They are good.

She talks a bit about her modeling time. Not so long ago because she worked with Kendal.

11 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

Cassandra used to be a model, but her bad acne problems force her to stop. And she didn't like being a model.

Yes, I think I have a good skin. Genetics.

I have clear skin for a long time (I figured out the tricks by my mid 20s) but only if I follow my routine 100%.   Any day I fall off the wagon, the chances of getting 1-3 clogs is high.   

I think for a woman and especially a model having acne prone skin is very bad as they all need to use a lot of cosmetics.

I agree with your posts that a lot of skincare products are scams, if they were magic fixes dermatologists would carry them.

Do you have small  skin pores?  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Tania82 said:

I hate when my skin is in bad way, for stress and bad relax. Some circumstances never change, I am too sense and my skin hurts when it success. And I hate when some bad people same same but it is false.

How is the weather where you are?

I think heavy wind exposure tends to flare up acne (doesn't matter if it's it hot or freezing).   

On 12/12/2021 at 1:05 AM, Tania82 said:

Now it is cold, and freeze. It is good to calm. I think it is not about the weather. I think my skin is sensible, when I feel attack to myself, too.

Acne can definitely flare up in cold weather if you don't moisturize.  The oil glands respond to dryness by overproducing oil, and clogging pores.