Skin Care

monika

• 2 weeks later...

Clean and clear.

Oil absorbing cleanser.

It has powder particles to absorb.

Trust me it works

But a downside, DO NOT USE TOO MUCH!

If you do instead of oily skin you will have dry skin dull skin.

I prefer just a dab but it depends on your skin

BB cream. If your looking for acne help, bb isn't the way to go, but If your looking for even skin tone, while moisturizing, while protecting your skin? its amazing, I am obsessed with BB cream :p

Also if your skin is naturally oily, it won't make your skin look shiny, or too oily ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

^

My dermatologist recommended "Cerave Cream" as a safe moisturizer and I've never used anything else since (2 years).  It is the best moisturizer that I have ever used and it moisturizes really well.  These are also available everywhere.  The only complaint I have about it is that it makes the face a little wet looking up close and I need to blot out some of it with a tissue.

http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2013/03/review-new-cerave-renewing-sa-cream-for.html

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

It's getting really dry and cold over in my area, and thus it's making skin risk prone.  Of interest is the recent drop in temperatures, and how so many people have eczema/facial irritation/irritation acne.

I got some irritation recently, and have become more careful in the cold.  I have noticed my skin becoming paler and thinner.  So...:

1. I wear a face mask when exercising outdoors.

2.  Moisturize with cream twice as much, or more.

3. Exfoliate a bit less. 

What do you guys do?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't be the only one with annoying winter face irritation after a certain threshold.  Jan -Feb:  The worst months. 

Update: 

1.  I cut back on my exfoliation about 50% but still, it seems to be not enough for this type of dryness.  I will cut it down to 33% of typical and see.

I swear by coconut oil. I don't use it daily, as I have oily skin, and too much causes breakouts, but I make a scrub at home with tea tree oil, sugar and coconut oil, and it exfoliates amazingly well, while moisturising. It's fine for your face and body, and it's so effective for ingrown hairs if you use it before you shave. It's also the best make up remover, and my favourite hair mask. 

Thanks for sharing, TDH.  Do you exfoliate morning or night?  My dermatologist recommends nighttime exfoliation but with the weather/heating conditions as it is, I have started exfoliating in the morning rather than night.  At least during the daytime I can monitor my face for irritation, but if I fall asleep I can't & wake up with a pink face :Layla90:

I swear by coconut oil. I don't use it daily, as I have oily skin, and too much causes breakouts, but I make a scrub at home with tea tree oil, sugar and coconut oil, and it exfoliates amazingly well, while moisturising. It's fine for your face and body, and it's so effective for ingrown hairs if you use it before you shave. It's also the best make up remover, and my favourite hair mask.

Coconut oil is just amazing for so many things :heart: I have not used it on my skin, but I have done masks with it on my hair and it is awesome :thumbsup:

Also you can cook with it as a substitue to olive oil or vegetable oil. It tastes basically the same and is alot healthier :yes: 

I exfoliate in the morning with my Clinque scrub, before make up, but if I use my sugar scrub it's usually at night before I shower just because it's a little bit messy, and it's easier to rinse off in the shower.

I pop my popcorn with coconut oil, and use a little bit instead of butter. So tasty!

I exfoliate in the morning with my Clinque scrub, before make up, but if I use my sugar scrub it's usually at night before I shower just because it's a little bit messy, and it's easier to rinse off in the shower.

I pop my popcorn with coconut oil, and use a little bit instead of butter. So tasty!

Coconut oil is the bomb. :thumbsup:

What clinque scrub do you use? Also IDK why but it just works for me SO WELL is the Neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub. Not only was it amazing for acne (the first acne wash I tried that actually got rid of my acne FAST, and kept it away. Honestly I found it worked better than Proactiv) it also gives my skin such a glow and looks so smooth after I use it. :thumbsup: 

It's literally just called "Exfoliating Scrub." :p I just started using it in October, because I was like $10 off from a free gift when I bought my foundation and thought I'd give it a try. I really like it so far!  I used that scrub in junior high! Can't remember why I stopped, but maybe I'll give it another go once I use up this bottle.