Bellazon

Skin Care

monika

• 2 months later...

Once a woman enters her teens she starts worrying about her looks and starts using makeup and also looking after her skin. Most women are very particular about there looks and start anti-aging skin care by the time they are in their twenties. Once they are married and have children they are so caught up in that run for time that they may not look after their skin as regularly as they should.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Any product containing salicylic acid as its active ingredients is always good.

Ditto :wave: Salicylic acid has got to be a life saver for me because products containing benzyl peroxide are too drying for my skin.

Anyways, there are some general skin care things that everyone should do regardless of their skin type.

They include:

1. Water, water, water. Drink water. It's a must for everyone. Ditch soda, juice, etc. Drink water!

2. Use sunscreen every day regardless of the season. Summer, fall, winter, spring. It's a must.

3. Wash your face at night before you go to sleep. Always take off your make-up, girls.

4. MOISTURIZE!

5. Get 7-9 hours of sleep a night.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have oily skin and my usual method is just to wash three times a day. Had no problems all summer but now as the weather gets colder I've been breaking out recently on my cheeks. I've tried washing only twice a day but it seems to make it worse. (I have naturally oily skin so washing three times does not dry my face out). I've been using benz. perioxide but it seems to be having no effect.

Catch-22..

I have oily skin and my usual method is just to wash three times a day. Had no problems all summer but now as the weather gets colder I've been breaking out recently on my cheeks. I've tried washing only twice a day but it seems to make it worse. (I have naturally oily skin so washing three times does not dry my face out). I've been using benz. perioxide but it seems to be having no effect.

Catch-22..

I think you may be washing your face too much. Overdoing actually produces more oils. I have oily and sensitive skin myself, and if I OD on the washing and products-I break out even more.

What do you mean by washing your face? Just with water or something else? A cleanser? Please don't tell me you use soap because that's horrible :blink: Have you ever thought your diet may be affecting your skin? I think certain foods do irritate skin and cause breakouts.

Catch-22..

I think you may be washing your face too much. Overdoing actually produces more oils. I have oily and sensitive skin myself, and if I OD on the washing and products-I break out even more.

What do you mean by washing your face? Just with water or something else? A cleanser? Please don't tell me you use soap because that's horrible :blink: Have you ever thought your diet may be affecting your skin? I think certain foods do irritate skin and cause breakouts.

Yeah, I think that I may be overwashing but washing two times a day for me seems to be underwashing. I did it twice a day for a week as an experiment and it get worse. I was thinking about it and, lol, it's as if I should be washing '2.5 x' a day. I generally wash every 8 hours.

Isn't washing with water...basically not washing at all?

I do use soap but not the terrible shower soap- I use this face bar:

neutrogenafacialbarfrag.jpg

I've been using this for maybe fifteen years. I've experimented with breakout fighting liquid soaps but for some reason this bar soap has served me better than any of those other products laced with salyctic acid and whatnot.

As far as diet, I don't consume much dairy, chocolate, sugar, potatato or white flour products as all. I'm just a salad/whole grain/lean meat sort of person.

Yeah, I don't like facial bars because they store bacteria. It's better to use something stored in a bottle. Also, I do not like Neutrogena facial products. I used them in my teens for years. They caused me to break out even more and were too harsh.

And 15 years? That's a long time to be using the same product. It's good to switch it up, especially between the seasons. Your skin regime should not be the same in winter as it was in the summer. I would recommend Biore or Clean & Clear cleansers. I particularly love this moisturizer for the winter.

post-41749-1290358730_thumb.jpg

Just switch it up and see how that works. But definitely get rid of the facial/soap bar. Good luck!

Yeah, I don't like facial bars because they store bacteria. It's better to use something stored in a bottle. Also, I do not like Neutrogena facial products. I used them in my teens for years. They caused me to break out even more and were too harsh.

And 15 years? That's a long time to be using the same product. It's good to switch it up, especially between the seasons. Your skin regime should not be the same in winter as it was in the summer. I would recommend Biore or Clean & Clear cleansers. I particularly love this moisturizer for the winter.

Just switch it up and see how that works. But definitely get rid of the facial/soap bar. Good luck!

Bella, can you describe your skin care regime (products, method) for me? (winter/summer) I'm curious. Can you identify the exact products that you use? I think I'll buy them all tomorrow just to experiment.

I haven't broken out in a good three years..so naturally I kind of stop paying attention :blush:

You know, I've never used oil free moisturizer on my face. Never 'felt' the need to.