Jacquelyn Jablonski
Thumbnail

allus6ka

Supermodel Jacquelyn Jablonski Talks Skate Style & Sydney's Casual Vibes
Photography: Charles Dennington 
Fashion: Coco Adorjany
Hair: Nasser Halbouni 
Make-up: Colette Miller 

Madeleine Woon: What was it like growing up in New Jersey? 
Jacquelyn Jablonski: Growing up in Jersey was a blast. I lived near the beach and my hometown was quite small so I could ride my bike everywhere. Our house was the place to hang out as a kid, mainly because my mum cooked us insane after school snacks. I have a big family with two sisters and one brother who I'm still super close with. I also played a lot of sports growing up — soccer, basketball, softball, tennis, swim team... soccer the longest. Plus The BOSS is from my hometown (Bruce Springsteen for those of you who don't know??).

What do you do outside of modelling? 
I launched my foundation Autism Tomorrow this year, which focuses on more opportunities for adults with autism. My brother is one of 500,000 teens with autism that will age into adulthood over the next decade which is why this subject means a lot to me. I also recently became obsessed with interior design and architecture because of a gut renovation I am doing on my apartment in Manhattan. I am into cooking so the kitchen became the priority during my renovation!

What's your take on the recent resurgence of skate style in mainstream fashion?
I love it! It brings back memories from growing up on the beach back home. I used to buy skate sneakers that were too big for me and had every pair of patterned slip on vans. It's fun to mix this sort of young skate/leisurewear with high fashion. It keeps it playful and young; which is why I'm so excited to be a part of MADE Sydney, it's a hybrid fashion and skate event, it's such a cool concept.

Have you ever dabbled in skating or any other sports? 
I did attempt skating when I was younger. I was not very good though, I think I was more pumped on decorating my skateboard with fun stickers and going to my hot neighbours' half pipe. Soccer was my favorite of all the sports I played growing up.

How has it been working with MADE? 
They are the best! I've been able to discover amazing new talent and it's great to be a part of their launch here in Sydney. 

What brands are you most excited about at the moment and why?
I'm super pumped to see Faith Connection's first show here in Sydney. It's awesome, they have so many talented designers involved and the clothes are really unique. I'm also excited to discover all these Aussie designers at the venue on Saturday. Emma Mulholland will be debuting a special t-shirt collection only sold at the MADE event, definitely bringing my credit card for post show shopping.

What's been the highlight of your career so far? 
Probably the beginning with my first big shoot for Calvin Klein Jeans.

If you could give up social media tomorrow, would you?
I definitely need my breaks. It is amazing you can express yourself and have a voice through social media, but it can become overwhelming at times.

What's the coolest show you've ever been a part of? 
It was amazing to be a part of Alexander McQueen's final show in Paris — Plato's Atlantis. I was completely transformed and it was an incredible experience working with him. True genius. The Victoria's Secret show is always tons of fun as well.

What's your take on Australian style? 
My Aussie friends told me if I wear no shoes, I will fit in. I like the effortless beach vibes here.

Do you see fashion, film, music, sport and art intersecting more and more in the future? 
100%. It keeps it fun and exciting. It's incredible to see all these young talents collaborate.

What do you think you'll be like as an 80-year-old woman? 
I hope I will be on a beach somewhere with a nice expensive cheese platter and a glass of Côtes du Rhône.

bUxueUnF.jpg 1KD51aoj.jpg TXS2RbLE.jpg QGxixaR9.jpg 8UmPbS0g.jpg sekv3IeG.jpg

source: oystermag.com

Vogue Latino America October 2016 | 登入墨西哥/拉丁美洲十月号内页,和墨西哥那组超长篇幅的外景内页出自同一本杂志,拍摄主题为‘The Chosen Ones’,这也是今年她拍摄的首套美妆内页,果酱般质地的唇妆摒弃一成不变的优雅,完美的勾勒出神秘诡异感。

vogue_mexico 2016-108766.jpg vogue_mexico 2016765-10.jpg vogue_mexico 2016-10888.jpg vogue_mexico 2016-10999.jpg 99999.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...