allus6ka

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

Think it was smart of her.

Go more under the radar and have your fun. :hehe:

I suspect she would have been torn to shreds by the usual suspects - :whistle: - if she even attempted to punk it up.

Let them save their hysteria for her upcoming Vogue Cover :brows:

Still no fan of the soup dress... :ninja:

She looks gorgeous. Just wish they didn't feel it necessary to 'shop the hell out of her legs and arms.

And the list keeps on growing :ddr:

Waiting for the shitstorm on tfs.... inc

Fav work she's ever done. Simple, stunning and a great throw back to the 50's/60's Americana

People seem to think the term Supermodel is a term used for the fashion community, and the fashion world, it's not really. It was a term coined for the households of America, where a model had gained enough recognition that your average layman could recognize the name and/or face.

The term supermodel (also spelled super-model and super model refers to a highly-paid fashion model who usually has a worldwide reputation and often a background in haute couture and commercial modeling. The term became prominent in the popular culture of the 1980s. Supermodels usually work for top fashion designers and famous clothing brands. They have multi-million dollar contracts, endorsements and campaigns. They have branded themselves as household names and worldwide recognition is associated with their modeling careers. They have been on the covers of prestigious magazines such as French, British and Italian Vogue.

Sexy Marilyn!

I knew they were going to have some horseback riding pictures because that is always going to be considered a terribly chic pastime (especially polo!).

I really think that one of the reasons why Anna Wintour accepted Kate is the fact that Kate has a pretty good family background. I remember people telling that Anna Wintour would ask them during a job interview what their parents did for a living. There is no way that she would put an American model from the wrong side of the tracks on the cover unless that girl had a flawless Cinderella story. So in Wintour's mind Kate probably fits damn well in this idea of a fun and glamorous Cary Grant like American life (with one-piece swimwear! :D).

This is going to get crazy... Kate has officially arrived!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!rhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gif

People seem to think the term Supermodel is a term used for the fashion community, and the fashion world, it's not really. It was a term coined for the households of America, where a model had gained enough recognition that your average layman could recognize the name and/or face.

The term supermodel (also spelled super-model and super model refers to a highly-paid fashion model who usually has a worldwide reputation and often a background in haute couture and commercial modeling. The term became prominent in the popular culture of the 1980s. Supermodels usually work for top fashion designers and famous clothing brands. They have multi-million dollar contracts, endorsements and campaigns. They have branded themselves as household names and worldwide recognition is associated with their modeling careers. They have been on the covers of prestigious magazines such as French, British and Italian Vogue.

She's worked for Gillete, Samsung, Skull Candy, Sobe, Guess, Beach Bunny, been featured on the cover of SI back to back two years running, and been on the cover of Vogue more then once including British, Italian and American Vogue. She may not walk on the runway, but in the end how many average joe's pay attention to who the hell walks on what catwalk? No one, unless you're either buying what the girl is wearing, or you're a member of the fashion community.

It's all about public recognition and I'd say she has that in spades.

i'm freaking happy, haters gonna hate! :ddr::ddr: :nicole: :Nicole:

can't wait to buy my copy <3

LOVE the cover. She looks amazing, a little bit too photoshoped but still amazing.

I am so happy she got it. She's a new class of Supermodel and I'm glad she is doing so amazingly well. I hope this brings her a lot of campaigns