Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

People seem to think the term Supermodel is a term used for the fashion community, and the fashion world, it's not really. It was a term coined for the households of America, where a model had gained enough recognition that your average layman could recognize the name and/or face.

The term supermodel (also spelled super-model and super model refers to a highly-paid fashion model who usually has a worldwide reputation and often a background in haute couture and commercial modeling. The term became prominent in the popular culture of the 1980s. Supermodels usually work for top fashion designers and famous clothing brands. They have multi-million dollar contracts, endorsements and campaigns. They have branded themselves as household names and worldwide recognition is associated with their modeling careers. They have been on the covers of prestigious magazines such as French, British and Italian Vogue.

Sexy Marilyn!

I knew they were going to have some horseback riding pictures because that is always going to be considered a terribly chic pastime (especially polo!).

I really think that one of the reasons why Anna Wintour accepted Kate is the fact that Kate has a pretty good family background. I remember people telling that Anna Wintour would ask them during a job interview what their parents did for a living. There is no way that she would put an American model from the wrong side of the tracks on the cover unless that girl had a flawless Cinderella story. So in Wintour's mind Kate probably fits damn well in this idea of a fun and glamorous Cary Grant like American life (with one-piece swimwear! :D).

This is going to get crazy... Kate has officially arrived!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!rhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gif

People seem to think the term Supermodel is a term used for the fashion community, and the fashion world, it's not really. It was a term coined for the households of America, where a model had gained enough recognition that your average layman could recognize the name and/or face.

The term supermodel (also spelled super-model and super model refers to a highly-paid fashion model who usually has a worldwide reputation and often a background in haute couture and commercial modeling. The term became prominent in the popular culture of the 1980s. Supermodels usually work for top fashion designers and famous clothing brands. They have multi-million dollar contracts, endorsements and campaigns. They have branded themselves as household names and worldwide recognition is associated with their modeling careers. They have been on the covers of prestigious magazines such as French, British and Italian Vogue.

She's worked for Gillete, Samsung, Skull Candy, Sobe, Guess, Beach Bunny, been featured on the cover of SI back to back two years running, and been on the cover of Vogue more then once including British, Italian and American Vogue. She may not walk on the runway, but in the end how many average joe's pay attention to who the hell walks on what catwalk? No one, unless you're either buying what the girl is wearing, or you're a member of the fashion community.

It's all about public recognition and I'd say she has that in spades.

LOVE the cover. She looks amazing, a little bit too photoshoped but still amazing.

I am so happy she got it. She's a new class of Supermodel and I'm glad she is doing so amazingly well. I hope this brings her a lot of campaigns

9 New Things To Know About “Vogue” Cover Girl Kate Upton

After months of rumors, Kate Upton has finally landed on the cover of American Vogue, which declared her our Earth's "hottest supermodel." And Vogue doesn't dole out compliments like that regularly. They're like a graduation — you have to wait about four years for the next one to come along. The profile is fluffy as expected but includes some semi-interesting factoids about everyone's favorite hot blond, like:

1. She gives up on her ab exercises.

Her personal trainer David Krisch is like a drill sergeant, determined to get Kate in shape prior to each shoot. Vogue goes along to observe one of her workouts five days before her cover shoot in Uruguay, and at the very end of an ab exercise with an exercise ball Upton's like, enough. "I can't," she says.

2. She didn't buy magazines with models on the covers growing up because she "didn't know them."

This is what propelled her to become not just a model, but a celebrity. Though I hasten to add Upton is all of 20 years old —born in 1992 — which means she was just 8 years old when the supermodel craze was about done.

3. "In 2012, she was the fourth-most-popular search on Yahoo," Vogue reports, "just behind Election, iPhone5, and Kim Kardashian." ( :o Wow)

4. She signed with IMG — basically the best modeling agency in the world — after she called them and told them to sign her.

“I always had career goals," Upton told Vogue. "And I figured out a path I wanted to take to accomplish those goals. If that meant calling the best modeling agency in the world, that’s what it meant.”

5. She won IMG over by saying she knew she wouldn't make it as a model unless she was a celebrity. (Anyone who says Kate is stupid can stfu now. GF knew exactly how to get to the top, and it's awesome she had a game plan from the beginning. She didn't let fame come to her, she made herself famous)

6. Upton wants to start her own lingerie line.

7. She only eats what "swims or flies."

Per the instructions of her personal trainer, who Vogue helpfully notes "looks a little bit like Mr. Clean," Upton only eats "anything that flies or swims." (Poultry, fish.) So re: her Carl's Jr. cheeseburger ads: "No," she tells the magazine, "I can't do that." Hide your shock, guys.

8. She's not uber-recognizable in person.

Her girl-next-door vibe is so strong that when Vogue enjoys a meal (salmon) with her, no one seems to notice that the most famous woman every to lick a popsicle and wear a flag bikini at the same time is sitting next to them.

9. She says, "It was hard at first," when people started calling her fat.

“You sit there and you’re like ‘Is something wrong with me?’ ” she told Vogue. But now she laughs it off: "It’s kind of funny to think, Oh, wow, the news is talking about whether I’m fat or not.”