Bellazon

Fantasy

c882b046120047.gif

Avatar is a 3-D science fiction epic film directed by James Cameron(Titanic, Aliens, Terminator), released on December 18, 2009. Distributed by 20th Century Fox.

Sites(Official)

www.avatarmovie.com

Official Avatar Youtubechannel

Site(Unofficial)

Running Time

162 minutes.

Language

English.

Budget

US$ 237 million estimated.

Story

The story’s protagonist, Jake Sully, is a former Marine who was wounded and paralyzed from the waist down in combat on Earth. Jake is selected to participate in the Avatar program, which will give him a healthy body. Jake travels to Pandora, a lush rainforest-covered extraterrestrial moon filled with incredible life forms – some beautiful, many terrifying. Pandora is also home to the Na’vi, a sentient humanoid race that humans consider primitive, but are actually more evolutionarily advanced than humans. Standing ten feet tall, with tails and sparkling blue skin, the Na’vi live in harmony with their unspoiled world. As humans encroach deeper into Pandora's forests in search of valuable minerals, the Na’vi unleash their formidable warrior abilities to defend their threatened existence.

Jake has unwittingly been recruited to become part of this encroachment. Since humans are unable to breathe the air on Pandora, they have created genetically-bred human-Na’vi hybrids known as Avatars. The Avatars are living, breathing bodies that are controlled by a human 'driver' through a technology that links the driver’s mind to their Avatar body. On Pandora, through his Avatar body, Jake can be whole once again. Sent deep into Pandora's jungles as a scout for the soldiers that will follow, Jake encounters many of Pandora beauties and dangers. There he meets a young Na’vi female, Neytiri, whose beauty is matched by her ferocity in battle.

Over time, Jake integrates himself into Neytiri's clan, and begins to fall in love with her. As a result, Jake finds himself caught between the military-industrial forces of Earth, and the Na’vi – forcing him to choose sides in an epic battle that will decide the fate of an entire world.

Cast

- Sam Worthington(Terminator Salvation) --> IMDB

as Jake Sully, The story’s protagon. Cameron cast the Australian actor after searching the world for promising young actors, preferring relative unknowns to keep the budget down. Worthington auditioned twice early in development, and he has signed on for possible sequels. Cameron felt because Worthington had not done a major film, he was "game for anything", giving the character "a quality that is really real. He has that quality of being a guy you'd want to have a beer with, and he ultimately becomes a leader who transforms the world."

- Zoe Saldana(Star Trek, Pirates of the Caribbean) --> IMDB

as Neytiri(Na'vi princess), a female Na'vi Jake initially betrays, but eventually falls in love with. The character will be entirely computer generated. Saldaña has also signed on for sequels.

- Sigourney Weaver(Alien) --> IMDB

as Dr. Grace Augustine, a botanist who mentors Jake Sully. Weaver dyed her hair red for the part. Her character was named "Shipley" at one point. The character reminded Weaver of Cameron, being "very driven and very idealistic".

- Michelle Rodriguez(Fast & Furious, S.W.A.T., Lost) --> IMDB

as Trudy Chacon, a retired Marine pilot.

- Giovanni Ribisi(Saving Private Ryan, Lost in Translation) --> IMDB

as Parker Selfridge, a passive-aggressive character.

- Joel David Moore(LAX, CSI, Six Feet Under, Angel, House) --> IMDB

as Norm Spellman, an anthropologist who studies plant and nature life (like Weaver's character).

- CCH Pounder(Face/Off, The Shield) --> IMDB

as Moha, the Na'vi queen.

- Stephen Lang(Public Enemies) --> IMDB

as a Marine Corps colonel Quaritch. Lang had unsuccessfully auditioned for a role in Cameron's Aliens (1986); the director remembered Lang and cast him in Avatar. Michael Biehn was considered for the role of Colonel Quaritch. He met with James Cameron three times and saw some of the 3D footage, but in the end it simply came down to the fact that Cameron didn't want people thinking it was Aliens all over again, as Sigourney Weaver had already been cast.

- Dileep Rao(Drag Me to Hell) -->IMDB

as Dr. Max Patel.

- Matt Gerald(Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, S.W.A.T.) -->IMDB

as corporal Lyle Wainfleet, the main villain

Music

James Roy Horner. Known scores: Titanic, Enemy at the Gates, A Beautiful Mind, The Perfect Storm, Deep Impact, Braveheart, Legends of the Fall and more.

Avatar Soundtrack (Score & Theme Song) – Track-Listing

1. ”You Don’t Dream In Cryo. ….” – James Horner

2. Jake Enters His Avatar World – James Horner

3. Pure Spirits Of The Forest – James Horner

4. The Bioluminescence Of The Night – James Horner

5. Becoming One Of ”The People” Becoming One With Neytiri – James Horner

6. Climbing Up Iknimaya : The Path To Heaven” – James Horner

7. Jake’s First Flight – James Horner

8. Scorched Earth – James Horner

9. Quaritch - James Horner

10. The Destruction Of Hometree – James Horner

11. Shutting Down Grace’s Lab – James Horner

12. Gathering All The Na’vi Clans For Battle – James Horner

13. War – James Horner

14. I See You [Theme From Avatar] – Leona Lewis

Pictures

post-20889-0-1446180344-2083_thumb.jpg post-20889-0-1446180344-29398_thumb.jpg post-20889-0-1446180344-31088_thumb.jpg 8cd89946124674.gif post-20889-0-1446180344-33781_thumb.jpg post-20889-0-1446180344-36537_thumb.jpg [ post-20889-0-1446180344-42389_thumb.jpg

post-20889-0-1446180344-46038_thumb.jpg cd86f746785943.gif e920e046785944.gif post-20889-0-1446180344-49431_thumb.jpg 9d936246785956.gif 59982f46785958.gif

Teaser Trailer:

Comic-Con 2009: Avatar interview with James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver, and Zoe Saldana

Official Trailer:

Motion Capture:

Vision Featurette:

Thanator Design:

Pandora Featurette:

Zoe Saldana Interview:

'I See You' music video:

More

James Cameron's Avatar: The Game is an upcoming video game adaptation of James Cameron's film of the same name. The title is being developed by Ubisoft. It was announced by Ubisoft that it will be using the same technology as the film to be displayed in 3D(will require a HDMI output and a 120Hz capable set in order to avail of 3D effects)

• 3 months later...

I saw the movie on Saturday night, sadly not in 3D!

But it was awesome!!!

thank God there were no flies int he theater, because during the first hour of the movie, I was sitting with my mouth hanging open! James Cameron is GENIUS!

Yes, the story lacked originality, but Cameron takes you on the journey and it's a great one!

FINALLY a movie that has the good old Hollywood magic! I was tired of seeing one political/thriller/drama movie after the other!

And i LOVED LOVED LOVED the soundtrack! I was a huge James Horner fan anyway, and with this movie he is delivering another fantastic score!

Leona Lewis sings the ending titles theme "I See You" - OUTSTANDING!!!

There's a city nearby mine that has it in 3D, I'll do my best to go and watch it again!

Oh man what a movie :wub: This is definitely my favourite movie of 2009..

& you have to watch this in 3D! No other way to watch it...

BTW, I think have a crush on Neytiri! :D She is beautiful. Too bad she's not real.

Haha me too! She's so fierce :blush:

Oh man what a movie :wub: This is definitely my favourite movie of 2009..

& you have to watch this in 3D! No other way to watch it...

BTW, I think have a crush on Neytiri! :D She is beautiful. Too bad she's not real.

Haha me too! She's so fierce :blush:

Yes! I loved her... I loved the whole movie, it felt sooo real :o

This is my post about Avatar. It mainly focuses on Zoe Saldana as the amazing Neytiri.

So far ive seen it twice. But plan to go back for more. This movie from beginning to end was AMAZING. It was a visual masterpiece. James Cameron is one of the best directors in the world. He just captures this world that you want to be apart of. And wow the effects. I mean for mortion captured computer generated aliens, they sure look freakin real.

Now back to the one thing that makes this movie what it is was Zoe Saldana. Her performance was so incredible. I have never felt a character more then her potrayal of Neytiri. You can tell she lived and breated this character. I want to join Cameron in the campaign for her to be nominated for an Oscar because she was seriously the sould behind this move. Sam was great too. But for me she outshone him. I have been a big fan of Zoe for close to 8 years now. I am so glad that Star Trek and Avatar finally made people see and realise what a talent she is.

You know its odd im not really into aliens and space movies in general. And its funny that my three favourite movies of 2009 were Avatar, Star Trek and District 9.