Bellazon

Colin Farrell
Thumbnail

mameha

Biography taken from allstarz.org/~colinfarrell & E! Online

c128.jpg

Name: Colin James Farrell.

Birth date: May 31, 1976.

Birthplace: Castleknock, Dublin, Ireland.

Resides: Castleknock, Dublin, Ireland.

Quote: "It all goes back to [Joel Schumacher]. I wouldn't have done Phone Booth without him. I wouldn't be doing Hart's War. I probably wouldn't have done American Outlaws if he hadn't picked me out of obscurity. I've worked, but not at the level or people I'm working with now if he hadn't taken a chance on an Irish kid playing a Texan." --E! Online, January 2001 Claim to Fame: Starred as Roland Bozz in the Joel Schumacher film Tigerland (2000)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Significant Others:

Wife: Amelia Warner, actress; married July 2001; Divorced 2001

Mother of his child: Kim Bordenave, model

Children: Son, James, born Sept 12, 2003.

Father: Eamon Farrell, Irish football player

Mother: Rita Farrell

Siblings: Eamon, Catherine and Claudine (his personal assistant)

Uncle: Jim Farrell (Irish football player)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Factoids:

As a teenager, Farrell hoped to follow in his father's footsteps to soccer stardom. Eventually he'd be happy to open a "Chipper" (Fish and Chip Shop) in Dublin.

Education:

Attended the Gaiety Drama School in Dublin; eventually dropped out to play Danny Byrne on the BBC series Ballykissangel.

Early Career:

Farrell's life in Sydney 7th July, 2003 - News.com.au network

He may be one of Hollywood's hottest stars but when Colin Farrell was in Sydney in 1995, he was just like thousands of other Irish backpackers who blow through town. He waited on tables, crashed on people's couches, spent a lot of time at Bondi Beach and toyed with the idea of trying to break into acting. Now with the moniker of "the lusty leprechaun", Farrell is a highly sought-after actor - both on and off the screen.

Farrell came to Sydney in 1995 and it was here that he made his stage debut, and a highly forgettable one at that. But those who remember him as a 19-year-old tourist are not surprised at his success.

Photographer Stuart Campbell met Farrell through a mutual friend and ended up giving him a place to stay when he first arrived in Sydney.

"He slept on my couch in Bondi for a few nights," Mr Campbell recalled. "Colin mentioned that he wanted to be an actor so I offered to take his pictures. "He was totally, absolutely charming."

While shooting the snaps at the old Colgate Palmolive factory in Balmain, Campbell introduced Farrell to NIDA head of acting Tony Knight, who pointed him in the direction of Performance Space.

He landed the role of Steve Hart in Kelly's Reign, a play about the life and times of Ned Kelly and his gang.

Girls who had the pleasure of being served by Farrell when he was waiting tables still treasure some very fond memories.

"I knew from the day I met him that he was different from the rest," one girl said.

"He just oozes with sexuality for a guy who was only 18 or 19 years old. A few girls from work went ga-ga over him - and ladies as well."

Awards:

* MTV Movie Awards: Transatlantic Breakthrough Performer, PHONE BOOTH (2003)

* IFTA Awards: Audience Award - Best Actor in a Film (2003)

* London Critics Circle Film Awards: British Newcomer of the Year, TIGERLAND (2002)

* Shanghai International Film Festival: Golden Goblet - Best Actor, HART'S WAR (2002)

* Boston Society of Film Critics Awards: Best Actor, TIGERLAND (2000)

Movies:

- Ask the Dust (TBA 2004)

- Alexander (Nov 2004)

- Home at the End of the World (Post Production)

- Veronica Guerin (2003)

- S.W.A.T (Aug 2003)

- Intermission (Fall 2003)

- Phone Booth (April 2003)

- Daredevil (Feb 2003)

- The Recruit (Jan 2003)

- Minority Report (2002)

- Hart's War (2002)

- American Outlaws (2001)

- Tigerland (2000)

- Ordinary Decent Criminal (2000)

- The War Zone (1998)

- Falling For A Dancer (1998)

TV:

- Ballykissangel BBC (1996)

Contact Info:

FANMAIL: C/O Creative Artists Agency 9830 Wilshire Blvd.

Beverly Hills,

CA 90212 USA

310-288-4545

www.caa.com

AGENCY: The Lisa Richards Agency.

15 Lower Pembroke Street.

Dublin.

Republic of Ireland

www.lisarichards.ie

c124.th.jpg c125.th.jpg c126.th.jpg

c127.th.jpg c129.th.jpg c130.th.jpg

c131.th.jpg c132.th.jpg c133.th.jpg

I'm one of the few that actually liked Alexander :blush:

and no not just because Colin's bare butt was onscreen for a full three seconds :ninja: :ninja:

It was a very drawn out, wayyy too long movie, it had the potential to be spectacular...but I don't think it was as catastrophic as some people are saying

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...